“Very Interesting and a Lot of Fun”

Buffalo History Tours
Ranked #7 of 22 Tours in Buffalo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Humorous, historical tours of Buffalo provided by a stand-up comic. Mostly accurate.
Buffalo, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Very Interesting and a Lot of Fun”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Being a native Western New Yorker, married to a Buffalo Trivia Buff - I feel that I know a LOT about Buffalo. Not only did I learn several new things about buildings I pass by every day, I also learned MORE detail about some of the facts I already knew. I would recommend this tour to locals and tourists alike (My sister-in-law and her fiance, both from Great Britain, joined us and loved it). Joel is very entertaining and keeps you interested in everything he is saying, while sharing the beauty and importance of our great city. Thanks Joel!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank Buffaloswife
NiagaraGuideGuy, Owner at Buffalo History Tours, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Cheers! I always love to have the Brits on a tour, you seem very appreciative of humor, or at least you politely laugh when no else will. Many thanks for attending, and no sore feeling about Britain burning down Buffalo in 1813. Joel

Buffalo, New York
3 attraction reviews
“Buffalo's Talking Proud”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I took the pub tour last week with my father and sisters. We are all Buffalo natives and couldn't have been more excited about learning more about Buffalo. Joel was very informative, yet entertaining. The stories & history he shared was fulfilling. Buffalo has a lot to offer and I hope more Buffalonians take advantage of Joel's tours. If you are visiting Buffalo, definitely take a tour and have a great time while learning some of the great history in Buffalo!

Visited July 2014
I am secretly very jealous of your family. It was very heart warming to see the daughters and dad enjoy an evening together. Yours is a lovely family. My teen aged daughters are drifting from me and I hope some day they'll need their dad again and want to do things with him. Until that time it is satisfying entertaining families that I envy. Joel
Tonawanda, New York
“Perfect Date Night”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I try to get out for date night at least once a month, we were well overdue and I was looking for something different than the same old dinner and movie gig and came across this offer....it was perfect. Joel is very entertaining and informative! We learned some really neat facts and had a ball.I would highly recommend this to anyone! We also signed up for the Niagara Falls tour and looking forward to it! My only semi-complaint was that it was a little hard to hear him because there was a large crowd and he had no microphone, he still managed and made it work.

Visited July 2014
It is wonderful to hear that you found the evening a good 'Date Night'. The irony of course is that my wife says that I'm horrible on 'Date Nights'. Can I have her tag along with you guys on your date nights?
In all sincerity, thanks for your comments, they mean a lot to a small business guy trying to make a go of it telling Buffalo's story. Joel
Swansea, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent summers evenings entertainment”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We took the 'pub crawl tour last night , we are visitors to Buffalo and it was taken with family members who have lived here for over twenty years . The result we all ended the tour enriched with knowledge and a desire to learn more .
Joel's delivery is fun and impactive , interlaced with personal and family insights , this is a man who's love of this great city , it's development , it's character and the characters who moulded the city , shines through .
A great way to spend a warm summers evening , we can't wait to take another tour next year

Visited July 2014
I am happy that you had as good a time as I did. The Pub Walk on Friday was perfect--great weather, good beer and a wonderful crowd. My deepest appreciation for your kind words!
Joel
Sanborn, New York
“Fun Satruday Night”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We went on the Lawless Buffalo Tour Saturday night with a large group. Joel did a great job explaining the history of Buffalo's Canalside area. He adds a fun twist on learning and his improvisational skills are impressive. I would definitely go on another one of his tours in the future.

It has been many years since we visited the Canalside.. I wish we had gone early and spent the afternoon- so nice with all of the improvements. We will be going back just to hang out.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

NiagaraGuideGuy, Owner at Buffalo History Tours, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thanks-it was fun for me too. Doing these tours is a wonderful experience for me. It is gratifying to connect with people who enjoy humorous history. It takes time out of your day to write a review, so thank you! Joel