“Tiffany and LaFarge Windows! 1 of 3 churches in the USA with Tiffany Glass”

Trinity Episcopal Church
Ranked #58 of 153 things to do in Buffalo
Wilton, California
679 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 805 helpful votes
“Tiffany and LaFarge Windows! 1 of 3 churches in the USA with Tiffany Glass”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I couldn't believe this historic church (2nd Episcopal church built in Buffalo) was not listed! Erected in 1886 the church declined adding a steeple and gave that money to the poor. There are 21 stained glass windows inside. Three of them are made by Tiffany, the most recent in 1897. One more is by a Tiffany artist. Eight are by LaFarge! There is a brochure detailing each window in this majestic structure. The world needs to know these wonders are available for viewing by donation only. The doors are open daily. It is hard to comprehend but the church is in a troubled place financially and even a few bucks is welcomed. The architecture is marvelous. I have never encountered split pews before, a relic of family sections in the sanctuary. We were also extremely fortunate to be there on a Friday afternoon. The organist comes in Wed-Fri to practice from approx. 1pm-3pm providing a glorious addition through the great pipe organ while you admire the glass. Of all my reviews I hope this is the most read and seen. What an awe inspiring and holy place. Only the sexton and part time secretary were there until the organist arrived. They have a few tables and chairs in the back where they have coffee and donuts following the Thurs. am service and we were invited to have our snack lunch inside. I cannot recommend any place more highly. Please go if you are in the Buffalo area. I am not including any pictures of the windows as no picture can do them justice and you need to see them in person. This is classified as an American Treasure and Historical Landmark.

Visited July 2013