“Way Way Overpriced”

Price range: US$31 - US$80
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: In 1984, Buffalo developer Paul L. Snyder, Sr. established the top-performing, independently owned steak restaurant in Buffalo, NY. E.B. Green's was created in the tradition of the great American steakhouse - and we've been cultivating our luxurious, cozy aesthetic every day since. Named for renowned New York architect E.B. Green, our Buffalo NY steakhouse has garnered recognition from well-known critics and adventurous diners alike. On our menu, you'll find that our classic dishes aim to complement our high-quality steak and seafood. Start your evening with hand-crafted cocktails from our lounge - we're known for our martinis and our generous wine pours. All of our side dishes are designed to enhance our favorite part of the meal: the meat. E. B. Green's is proud to offer some of the best steak Buffalo NY has to offer. We exclusively source Midwest grain-fed USDA Prime and Choice cuts of beef, which we hand-cut each day. If you're a real gourmand, try our signature Porterhouse steak - it's a meal worth traveling for. We also fly in our seafood and lobster each day to ensure that our food as fresh as possible. Our other mainstays include our bone-in rib eye, rack of lamb, and cold water lobster. Whether you prefer surf or turf, E. B. Green's has something to suit every discerning palate. For the best Steakhouse in Buffalo, NY, come over to EB Green's!
Pittsburgh, PA
“Way Way Overpriced”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This would be a decent restaurant if they cut their prices in half. We went there because we were staying at the hotel. It was a Saturday night and the place was only half full. That probably tells you all you need to know.

I had the lobster bisque and the ribeye steak. The steak wasn't terrible but it was very thin (less than an inch) and about a third of it was fat and grizzle. The bisque was as bad as anything I've ever had at a restaurant. The best way I can describe it is as lukewarm baby food. It was almost completely flavorless except for a slight hint of tomato. My wife had the grilled swordfish special and it was very good. Service was excellent.

1 Thank dhlogan

Buffalo, New York
“Great Night Out”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had 7pm reservations and arrived about 20 minutes early and they had no problem seating us immediately even though they were already pretty busy. We started with the seafood appetizer which was a wonderful taste or their pan seared scallops, fried oysters, clams casino and shrimp cocktail. Each choice came with a dipping sauce. Everything was great, but the scallops especially stood out. For our salads we had the caprese salad and the wedge salad with crumbly blue cheese. Both much larger then we anticipated but also good. For our entree we both ordered the filet migon and a side of sauteed mushrooms, both steaks cooked exactly how we requested.

Ou server was awesome at the beginning However as the evening went on he seemed to get busier with other tables and did not check on us as often. We also waited for what seemed to be at least 10 minutes for the final check and then when we said we would like to pay with a gift/rewards card (the kind you get as a rebate) he seemed taken aback and made us feel not worthy.

Over all with the exception of the last 20 minutes though, it was a good experience and we will most likely return.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Best Prime Rib in Buffalo”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

and for take out, they got all of the amenities right. Prime Rib was large, cooked perfectly and ready when I went to pick it up!

Visited April 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“All around wonderful”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My mom and I went here during Local Restaurant Week, where there are amazing specials to draw you into try new restaurants.

This is a steal for this restaurant, because it is not somewhere I would normally be able to afford.

All of it was wonderful, we were seated promptly (even early, our reservation was for 1/2 hour later than our arrival, but they sat us right away), our waitress was terrific (quick, efficient) and lots of other wait staff were around regularly to ask if we needed anything or refill waters. Even the manager stopped by to see how we were doing.

Both of us got the Prime Rib with Baked Potato and House Salad, and we tried their Monkey Bread, too. All of it was terrific - the salad was great, with mixed greens, mandarins, red onions, and house vinaigrette, as well as candied walnuts. The prime rib was cooked exactly right, and although it could have been hotter when it came out, it was not cold, and I was not unhappy!

The Monkey Bread (very sweet, cinnamon-syrupy bread) was amazing, but I recommend it for dessert as opposed to an appetizer. I wasn't sure what to expect with it, so while I was happy, I wish I would have saved it till later. Not good cold, that's for sure!

The atmosphere was pretty nice - we were seated by the window, which was nice, albeit not very scenic (parking area/street), but the decor was pretty to look at in the restaurant.

As for parking, they are located in a hotel, so they do have complimentary valet, which was a huge perk, and part of the reason I picked this restaurant. As we know, parking in the city can often be a hassle. The attendants were quick and polite.

I would love to go back here again, and if you are lucky enough to grab it during Local Restaurant week, I say do it!

Buffalo, New York
“Wonderful wonderful service”
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

I can't say enough about the service. Or server was very knowledgable and so friendly.
The food was good. I wouldn't say I loved everything. I got the lobster bisque. I was not a fan. I also got the filet, which was good, but very plan. I would recommend coming here to try it- it's the 2nd best steakhouse in country.

• Visited March 2014