“great food/ excessive noise” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of TEMPO

TEMPO
Reserve with OpenTable
TEMPO is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 1,026 Restaurants in Buffalo
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Allen Street
Buffalo,ny
“great food/ excessive noise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Some of the best food I've had in the area. Smallish place. Great atmosphere. Suffers from the intimacy of the establishment and hardwood floors with an overall din. Great place for a fine meal and company but not for an intimate meal.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Syracuse, New York
“Great food, service and ambience.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have eaten at Tempo a good number of times over the years and it is consistently very good. The bar is well stocked as is the wine list. The food is great and the waiters very attentive.

• Visited December 2013
NY
“Amazing food at a price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Wow so I heard a few good things about this place so I figured my wife and I would get out for an early Valentines Day dinner so we went here. There was parking available on the street or in the neighboring parking lot. The ambience was very elegant but not over the top. The food was amazing and by far the best meal I had in years. We started with Calamari as an appetizer then led to a salad for myself and lobster bisque for my wife. I had the Lobster Spaghetti and she had the porterhouse. Topped off with two beers a piece and a quality tip; this whole meal was near $200 for the two of us. Of course there were other things we could have ordered off the menu to keep the price down but hey why not go all out once in a while.

• Visited February 2014
Buffalo,NY
“Good, but wanted slightly better !!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

My wife and I went to Tempo this week as it was a chance to get out of the house and we arranged a Babysitter !
I have been there once before just for desserts and drinks with friends but have never been there to eat and did hear good things about it.
We were seated promptly which was nice ( we got there early and had no issue ), the setting is lovely and very intimate with different dining areas, our waiter introduced himself and answered my questions well.
We order a nice bottle of Pinot Grigio to share and I had the roasted beet insalata and my wife had the caprese, mine was good ( although very heavy on the beet and light on everything else ) however my wife said she has had better caprese.
I had the Bone-in rib-eye and my wife had the Filet Mignon, both were wonderful although my Rib-eye was a little tough in very small places.
We finished it up with Creme Brulee for my wife and Chocolate Cake for me, my wife said the Creme Brulee was one of the best she's ever had, however my Chocolate Cake was just average, it really wasn't terrible but I had the feeling it wasn't as "fresh" as I expected it to be.

Overall Tempo is a lovely dining experience, however for the $260 bill for two of us ( including tip ) I feel we had a better dining experience at Hutch's and would probably pick that over Tempo next time.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fantastic place to spend New Year's Eve”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Went here with a group of 9 for New Year's Eve. Fantastic experience!

This is a smaller restaurant, with 3 dining areas. Our table, seeing as it was for a large party, was right in the front, by the bar. While we waited for everyone in our group to arrive, we got wine at the bar and the bartender was terrific. Most of us ordered wine, but while they did not have a cocktail list for my friend to look at, he had some great suggestions and she ended up with some very yummy martinis.

The food was phenomenal, I had Prosciutto Wrapped Filet Mignon with Warm Gorgonzola Cheese, Gnocchi, and Garlic Braised Greens. I also had a really great Riesling wine to go with it. Some of the other people with me had the 16 oz steak and/or the chicken and everyone raved. The Gnocchi was by far the best I had ever eaten!!

The price was pretty expensive (my meal, with 2 glasses of wine, and 20% gratuity was $98 for one person), but a restaurant like this is our tradition for New Year's Eve, so it was well worth it. In past years we had gone to Buffalo Chophouse and Salvatore's Italian Gardens. I'd say Tempo was better than both of them, and that's saying something, because I love Chophouse.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank bmg617

Been to TEMPO? Share your experiences!