“Great Experience!”

Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
Hilton, New York
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is amazing! The rooms are quiet and very clean. The staff is fantastic. Very friendly, courteous, and willing to help with any questions that may arise. I felt very welcome from the moment I arrived to the time I departed. Great centralized location and the First Niagara Center is basically right on its doorstep, only a 3 - 5 minute walk tops. This will definitely be my hotel of choice when visiting Buffalo for the foreseeable future.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Friscofury
Bob K, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Downtown/Canalside, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Great! Friscofury, we are thrilled to know that we were able to offer such a great stay that we have become your hotel of choice in Buffalo. That is a huge compliment. Thank you. Our location is enviable, especially with all of the happenings at the First Niagara Center, as well as Canalside. We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for your patronage.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
New Jersey
Reviewed 11 July 2014

New clean property, extremely motivated and helpful staff and a great new look. The rooms don't look like the typical courtyard and have a fresh new design. 15 minutes from the airport....I highly recommend

The only thing funny is the elevator button and the distance between the elevators....depending on which one opens for you... you may have to run with your bags (if you have too many) and hope it does not close before you reach :-) Its not a big negative...just an experience....

I loved this place....

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hello, mohittandon8, and thank you for your review! We are very fortunate to be a short cab ride from the Buffalo Niagara Airport. Thank you so much for your complements in reference to our staff and our contemporary design. Since our building is a repurposed historical building, the elevators are staggered in layout to maintain the structure of the building. It’s just a little quirk that makes us who we are! Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again.
Astoria, New York
Reviewed 10 July 2014

What more could you ask for than a brand new clean hotel with all the amentities, closeness to First Niagara Center, great staff, nice modern rooms, etc. etc...will definitely come stay here again if we are up in Buffalo!

1 Thank altermood
Bob K, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Downtown/Canalside, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Great! Thank you, altermood, for not only your review but for choosing to stay with us in Buffalo! We know that you have many options, so we are thrilled that you decided to stay with us and that you enjoyed our well-appointed rooms, great amenities, and location! We look forward to your next trip to Buffalo. Thank you for your business!
Orchard Park, New York
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We decided at the last minute to stay at the new Courtyard Marriott at Canalside and check out the fireworks for the fourth of July. I had checked the night before and was surprised the hotel was not sold out but I didn't have my Marriott Rewards card on me so I waited the next day to make reservations. When I looked the next day the hotel was booked which was really disappointing to us so I took a chance and called. I spoke with Mia (sorry if I got the name wrong) and she was very helpful as I was trying to use my reward points. She told me I would have to call the main Marriott number in order to use the points and there was some disconnect on the main number as they said the place was sold out even though Mia told me there was one room left. We really wanted to go and check out all the progress in the area as we had not been there in a couple of years. We called back Mia and she got us the last room. When we got there she remembered talking to me and was so nice. She gave us a list of activities in the area for the 4th and was very welcoming anytime she us in and out of the hotel. There is a lot of construction going on in the area and it has already become the place to gather in Buffalo. The suite was very roomy and had two LG TV's and great amenities. We were looking for a late night snack after the fireworks and Mia called Pear Street Brewery to make sure the kitchen was still open. Great place and a great staff (I see the General Manager comments a lot on the comments so I hope he corrects me if I got Mia's name wrong). Anyways, the area is just going to get better and better and I think staying at the Marriott for the 4th will become our new tradition but I will book much farther in advance as I am sure more people will catch on about this great hotel....Cheers!!

Room Tip: try to get a water view if available
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Good morning, Jeff14127, and thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel for TripAdvisor! Goodness, we are so sorry that you had to go through a process to book with us using your rewards points. I believe that the person you spoke with was MinYi. She is an invaluable asset to our hotel. We are so happy that she was able to help you in reserving a room, as well as finding a great restaurant open late. We are flattered to be a part of your new 4th of July tradition. Thank you for your patronage!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Just checked in and the property is awesome. Rooms are great, staff is very friendly and location is convenient. Welcome reprieve from the crappy room ive had for the last 3 days. We went for a swim and the pool/ hot tub area are first class. The wall of the pool area is so beautiful we are having it recreated in our home. The bathroom is BEAUTIFUL....shower is truly luxurious. My one criticism is that it was difficult to regulate. The hot/cold water tap...too loose and resulted in a really hot shower.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Wow! Thank you so much, Shanda223! The mosaic tile mural in the pool is truly wonderful. We are so flattered that you enjoy the design so much that you are going to re-create it in your own home! We all know how it feels to be in a less than desirable hotel room or space, and we are so happy that we can offer you the luxurious environment that you deserve! We will certainly address the temperature control in the showers with our maintenance staff. Thank you. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you so much for your business.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Incredible location, good price, clean rooms and the friendliest staff I've experienced in town. I left something behind and they called to inform me - and return to me. They're the best! Can't wait to come back for a Sabres game in the fall!!

Stayed July 2014
Hello, lightitup! Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy to be able to provide you with beautiful, clean rooms, a great location, attentive staff, and all at a good price! Of COURSE we would contact you to return the item you left behind. We are very excited for your next stay. Go Sabres!
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I've stayed in lots and lots of hotels, from five stars to two stars. This is by far one of the best hotels I've every stayed in. So beautiful. From the moment you pull up, you ignore all the construction outside. The sheer perfection of the interior design takes your breath away. Two efficient, welcoming desks at the reception are book ended by a business center on the left, with three computers and two printers, an outdoor firepit and seating, with a view of the canal outside, a separate living room type area with flat screen television, and on the right, there is a cute little cafe for easy and convenient bites. It was so nice to grab an easy dinner at the restaurant in the hotel. Reasonably priced too. You can have a cocktail, wine or beer with your dinner. Sit in one of the booths, and it's complete with a private television.

There's also a salt water pool, which is just a joy to swim in. It's so pretty down there. The rooms are gorgeous. Comfy beds. Pretty bathrooms. I can't gush enough over this hotel. The kids wanted to come back as soon as we left.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Good morning, ddetravel, and thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel. We are so happy that you had such a great stay! You provide a lovely description of our main entry. Thank you. The Bistro is an excellent place to eat, with fast and fresh food. Oh, and wine and beer! Can’t forget that. We are so thrilled to have a salt water pool. Not only is it the only salt water pool in Buffalo, but it is also eco-friendly! We are excited for you and your family to return. Thank you for your patronage.