“Not worth it”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Not worth it”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We brought some out of town visitors on one of these tours and it was a huge disappointment. The tour guides looked bored at best and actually gave inaccurate information on the city. They looked like hungover college students who didn't bother to learn the history they were presenting. Moreover, you cannot go on the river when the weather is poor so we went down to the Sewer plant and back. Don't go on board hungry by the way. They only serve old cheese and gross hot dogs. If I wanted to see that part of the lake, I would have gone to Doug's Dive for a much better experience. Don't waste your money. Instead take a walk on the river walk or the path along the lake near Doug's Dive.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank wanderlust812

Buffalo
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“An Excellent Journey!”
Reviewed 25 December 2012

We went on a War of 1812 cruise and really enjoyed the trip. The guides were knowledgeable and the sights were really beautiful. It's a wonderful vantage point to see downtown and other points. We even experienced a canal lock in operation during our trip. It's a great way to spend a nice day on the Buffalo waterfront.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Sabresfan01
Buffalo, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The last odors of summer”
Reviewed 1 September 2012

I was really excited to go on this trip based on what I had heard from others. I chose a beautiful day but didn't know that a windy day means you don't go on to the lake. We had to hug the shoreline and that means passing the sewage treatment plant twice. It was really unpleasant and what we saw did not make up for it. We didn't see the locks of the Erie Canal, just speeding commuters on the highway. I would advise others to skip this trip during these conditions or if you must go, take advantage of the good bar selection. I do intend to go on one of the five time yearly special cruises of the grain elevators district.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Diggyya
Kitchener, Canada
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Excellent value informative cruise”
Reviewed 4 July 2012

A great way to spend a couple of hours cruising around the harbor, lake Erie and the canal. An informative journey pointing out all the sites and stories of the Buffalo marina and surrounding area whilst chugging along on Miss Buffalo. Worth the money.

Visited July 2012
Buffalo, NY
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great Activity for Saturday Afternoon with Family”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I have lived in Buffalo many years and one of my go-to activities for my children is to take them on a harbor cruise. It's only 2 hours long and my kids love being outside, on a boat, and trying to watch for any wildlife they may see along the way. The cruise has so much information and the sights along the Erie Canal are just beautiful so even adults can enjoy the trip as well!

Visited July 2011

Been to Buffalo Harbor Cruises? Share your experiences!