“Military Officers Association of America Miss Buffalo trip”

Buffalo Harbor Cruises
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Buffalo Harbor Cruises supported a join party between the Military Officers Association of Western New York and the Royal Niagara Military Institute. Overall, all 65 members who came on the trip really enjoyed themselves. The narrated historical tour and the lighthouse buffet was outstanding in every way and I encourage others more to take advantage of this opportunity.

1  Thank Bob P

Reviewed 2 April 2013

We brought some out of town visitors on one of these tours and it was a huge disappointment. The tour guides looked bored at best and actually gave inaccurate information on the city. They looked like hungover college students who didn't bother to learn the history they were presenting. Moreover, you cannot go on the river when the weather is poor so we went down to the Sewer plant and back. Don't go on board hungry by the way. They only serve old cheese and gross hot dogs. If I wanted to see that part of the lake, I would have gone to Doug's Dive for a much better experience. Don't waste your money. Instead take a walk on the river walk or the path along the lake near Doug's Dive.

1  Thank wanderlust812
Reviewed 25 December 2012

We went on a War of 1812 cruise and really enjoyed the trip. The guides were knowledgeable and the sights were really beautiful. It's a wonderful vantage point to see downtown and other points. We even experienced a canal lock in operation during our trip. It's a great way to spend a nice day on the Buffalo waterfront.

1  Thank Sabresfan01
Reviewed 1 September 2012

I was really excited to go on this trip based on what I had heard from others. I chose a beautiful day but didn't know that a windy day means you don't go on to the lake. We had to hug the shoreline and that means passing the sewage treatment plant twice. It was really unpleasant and what we saw did not make up for it. We didn't see the locks of the Erie Canal, just speeding commuters on the highway. I would advise others to skip this trip during these conditions or if you must go, take advantage of the good bar selection. I do intend to go on one of the five time yearly special cruises of the grain elevators district.

1  Thank Diggyya
Reviewed 4 July 2012

A great way to spend a couple of hours cruising around the harbor, lake Erie and the canal. An informative journey pointing out all the sites and stories of the Buffalo marina and surrounding area whilst chugging along on Miss Buffalo. Worth the money.

Been to Buffalo Harbor Cruises? Share your experiences!