“The most perfect place to stay on Elmwood”

Elmwood Village Inn: Honu House
Ranked #3 of 5 Buffalo B&B and Inns
Tennessee
“The most perfect place to stay on Elmwood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

I cannot gush enough about this inn. It was so perfect for me and I consider myself to be very picky (mostly about linens). The decor was stunning, the bed and linens were awesome, I had a great view of Elmwood. The bathroom was incredible! Seriously. It had a stained glass window that was bigger than me! Plus a little kitchen right across the hall. I put wine and leftovers in there and made myself tea every morning. The owner was so nice and has a gorgeous and sweet as pie rescue dog. Close to everything in the Village, no need for a car unless you really must have one. Bus stop is across the street. Took it to Allentown one night ($1.75, I think). I just loved everything about this inn.

Room Tip: One room does NOT have an attached bathroom (the one I stayed in). The bathroom is private but is ac...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank NewYorker4247

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Newton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

A group of college friends took over the whole B and B and had a wonderful weekend together. I often stay in B and B's and Honu place was one of the most charming I've been in--with gorgeous tribal rugs, many artifacts from the owner's travels, interesting art work...truly individual. Conversations over the simple but delicious breakfasts and our self catered dinners were nurtured by the welcoming environment. A winner!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank sdgirl39
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

My husband and I stayed with Karen on the way to Niagria falls. We will be back to explore Buffalo and would definitely stay with Karen who was a terrific resource and affable hostess. Great location to stay and a fantastic neighborhood of lovely old houses with neat architecture on the side streets which made exploring by foot great fun.
Joanne and Frank

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Joanne K
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

My husband and I visited Buffalo for a long weekend to see friends, and we picked the Elmwood Village Inn. SO glad we did. Karen is a sweetheart, and her B&B was homey and welcoming. We stayed in the Middle Western Room, which was cozy and beautifully appointed. The bathroom was divided, and half was an open marble shower, which was lots of fun to use (look ma, no shower curtain!) Karen provided us with luxurious soaps and body wash, and outside our room was a dresser filled with extra supplies (ibuprofin, water bottles, toothpaste, and other toiletries). Right down the hall was a kitchenette stocked with different kinds of tea, a micro/toaster, mini fridge, and sink. Felt like a cross between a B&B and staying with a dear friend. In the morning, Karen baked amazing muffins and coffee cakes (can't stop thinking about the vegan ginger muffins, and I'm not even vegan), and even stocked up on skim milk so I could have my favorite first drink of the day. On our last morning, we needed to leave early, so Karen sent us on our way with blueberry scones and a big hug. We'll absolutely be back the next time we visit Buffalo.

Room Tip: The suites are HUGE, but our room was visually the prettiest.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank GreenEyedRachel
San Jose
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

My previous trip to Buffalo had me in a big soulless hotel downtown. I was not making that mistake again. I stumbled upon this place and am I ever glad. The location is absolutely perfect in the heart of Elmwood Village and surrounded by great shops and restaurants. The common areas of the inn are beautiful and very inviting. I stayed in the Skylight Suite which has to be the bargain of the century. There is a large living room, full kitchen, full bathroom and separate bedroom with another sitting area. And it had character! My first apartment was not this large or this nice. Best of all was the owner, Karen. I felt like I was staying at the home of the most gracious, intelligent friend you could ask for. And she can cook too. I am allergic to milk and she made delicious food I could eat. I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in Buffalo. Ron Gardner

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice but the Skylight Suite is the standout and you get your own HVAC system.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Ron G
Kingston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

Karen has the loveliest of homes, her personality and charm was beyond expectation. The Inn was beautiful, clean, the fresh, home made baked goods were delicious and you could just imagine every little piece of furniture and art work has a story. We look forward to coming again, thank you for making us feel so welcome! the Baptista's

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Boone, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

My wife and I came through Buffalo on our way to Ithaca, and loved this place so much! The house is eclectically decorated, and we stayed in the Middle East room and the room and the bathroom were clean and spacious. Karen's recommendations and breakfasts were always right-on, and she even gave us walking routes and suggested places for us to go once we got to Ithaca. We will definitely stop in again if we make it back to Buffalo! Thanks Karen.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple