I've stayed here a total of perhaps 30 or 40 days over the last few years, for many reasons:
- Location is excellent, in the Elmwood section with nice restaurants etc.
- The place is clean, no one ever smokes there, so no trouble with the simple pleasures like breathing.
- The host, Karen, is nice, interesting, intelligent, helpful, and friendly, but not intrusive. If you want to keep to yourself, you don't have to worry that you're hurting her feelings.
- The little things make me feel welcome. I can always get another bottle of water from the closet, or another chocolate from the bowl, or heat up my food in the kitchen.
- Everything works. The hot water is hot, and runs, the bed is comfortable, etc.
The decor is cool (arts & crafts style) but I'm indifferent to that. Karen also makes treats on many mornings, probably good but I'm usually out the door before it's ready. And there are probably more things too, that I can't think of, that someone else will like.
I always recommend this place even though it means sometimes they don't have room for me!
- Also Known As:
- Elmwood Village Inn: Honu House Hotel Buffalo