“Dive - as in Dinners Drive ins and Dives”

Sophia's Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 1,034 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: American, Greek, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Wilmington, Delaware
“Dive - as in Dinners Drive ins and Dives”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I got caught up in the reviews of this place and we drove 20 minutes or so to get there. Industrial / Commercial area - there were at least 20 people waiting to get in 9:30 AM on a Sunday Morning. Figured it had to be worth the wait.

The place is really a Dive - I couldn't believe that we ( 4 of us) waited to eat there. Once I got inside I felt that we had to be nuts to have waited.

As I looked at the walls, I noticed that Guy Fiere had visited this place a few years earlier...........sudenly I was now expecting something much more than it appeared to be.

Service and Food were very good. Lots of choices and everyone enjoyed their meal. It was kind of fun eating in some place that I never would have given a second look. Actually if we hadn't waited so long we would have walked out. But the fact that it was on Dinners Drive ins and Dives - made it a very unique experience. Place was jammed and everybody seemed like a regular except us.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Herm B

indiana
“Yum”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Omelets, pancakes, breakfast! Make sure to order the homemade bread, it's always fresh and very delicious. I would go here everyday if I could. I love the staff also.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Dawnloveszombie
Buffalo, New York
“hard to fiind Old style diner food”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

After being cannonized by Guy Fieri on "Dives" this rather plain spot in an unattractive industrial area enjoys an always full restaurant. Able staff is cheerful and quick...fast turnover of the food ensures everything is freshly made. Breakfast is the big draw, but lunch is served as well. Open daily (except Monday when closed) until 3pm.
Large assortment of breakfasts. Husband usually has the #2 (I think that's it) omelet...spinach, olives, etc. Homemade toast is the way to go. Old diner style crispy home fries. I usually have the blueberry pancakes...full order is three with generous berries...Tasty real sausage is just $2 extra. Decent coffee is poured freely...I think it's just $1.20.
lots of variety...polish sausage, ham off the Bone, Canadian bacon.....combos include lots of extras that they nickel and dime you for elsewhere.
They now have booze....great bloodys, mimosas....served with a bit of panache.
they have a small porch in the nice weather, but the view is pretty dismal.
Great little spot for an almost extinct breakfast experience.
Nick ' s in Black Rock is apparently a relative and is a similar style place, but we like Sofia 's better

• Visited June 2014
Ontario
“Good food”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Drove through on the way back to Ontario. Great local diner with good service and decent prices. This is one that lives up to the good reviews. Plenty of food to fill you at decent prices. The Wife had the hash & I had the ham off the bone breakfasts. Very tasty & we left satisfied. Would recommend for the breakfast.

• Visited June 2014
Sparta, New Jersey
“Family atmosphere and great food!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Went here with family and being from NJ (where diners are "King") we were quite impressed with the quality of the food and friendly, family atmosphere. Sophia greeted us and as soon as she heard it was my birthday she made sure it was special! The building is older and could use some renovations , but since we were here for the food it didn't bother us.
The home made bread was fantastic as well as my spinach and feta omelette . The feta was the freshest and yummiest I have ever had! Not to mention the chocolate chip pancakes and sausage links that were out of this world! Go there early as the wait can be long but worth it . So if you are in the Buffalo area , and in the mood for a good homemade breakfast you got to go to Sophia's place !