“Leisure trip to Buffalo”

Best Western - On The Avenue
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
United States
“Leisure trip to Buffalo”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Overall the hotel is nice. I like the location, parking is tight but free. Nice neighborhood. The rooms are clean, but the bathrooms are a bit dated and could use a makeover. Slept well, very quiet that evening on the top floor. My only complaint would be that the gentleman working front desk at check in did not offer up any maps of Buffalo. I had to ask for one the following morning, as well as for information on the free walking Garden tour. The woman working desk that morning was surprised that I had not been offered any of that at check in. This is my second time staying at this location and would recommend it to other travelers.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Owen Sound, Canada
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Quick trip to see a Buffalo Bisons Game. The Best Western was reasonably priced, close to the field. We found the room to be excellent! Clean, spacious & they upgraded us when the room type we wanted was not available! Easy to find, easy to get around. Great Staff! Clean, Secure!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Christy Jim T
Waterford, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The hotel was pleasant. Nothing over the top but very acceptable. Queen beds are refreshing verses other chains doubles. Slight disappointment in the breakfast with no true hot foods available, therefore, even though breakfast was available we went elsewhere to eat which increased the price of our "overall" trip. Was shocked the room didn't have a refrigator and microwave, considering we only stayed one night this was ok. Overall though, nice stay in a good hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Friday Harbor, Washington
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Although the location and proximity to Allentown and the Lexington Food Co-op were good, the hotel stay was awful. I have high expectations when I pay the extra cost to stay in a Best Western. There is limited parking for guests.The lobby is nice but it stops there. There was room construction on the floor we were on, so the smells of toxic building materials permeated the stuffy hallway. The room's carpet was stained and had the odor of a carpet cleaner that wasn't completely dry. The refrigerator I had to request was sticky on the top surface. The blanket on my bed had human hair and fuzz imbedded in its acrylic fibers. I didn't use the breakfast because there is nothing that I would consider healthy for the choices. Since I grew up in Buffalo and always loved Allentown, I thought this would be a great location. On Saturday night, the hotel rents out their party room and the attendees get to park in the hotel lot. We had to park on the main street down from the hotel location When the party room closes down supposedly at 11 p.m. the party continued in the parking lot till 3 a.m. We had to get up at 4 a.m. for an early flight, so no sleep that night. I called the desk several times but nothing was done. I have reported this to Best Western but they cannot do anything about my experience. Don't stay here...I travel a lot and this is not worth it. My brother stayed at the Hampton Suites for about $20 more and had a great experience with his family.

Room Tip: don't stay here
4 Thank Gemlight
Richmond
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were in Buffalo for our granddaughter's bowling tournament. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Best Western On The Avenue. My only complaint is of a rather deep drainage area right in the middle of the driveway. I drove through it when I first arrived and scraped the front and the back of my car.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Joseph K
Royal Oak, Michigan
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Typical Best Western. Friendly service, gave a good reference for dinner around the block. Seemed like a good area but there were signs about not leaving things in your car and had several security cameras. Room was big with hot tub. Clean. Continental breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jerry L
McFarland, United States
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Staff were very friendly, but our room on the 4th floor was not as clean as it should have been. The hallway leading to our room was musty and moldy making it difficult to breathe. The breakfast was very good and beds comfortable.

1 Thank Robert F