“I'm going back !!"” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Buffalo
Vermont
“I'm going back !!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2009

We were greeted at the door, even though it was Christmas Eve, and we were registered promptly. Our rooms were sparkling clean and very comfortable, and a forgotten toothbrush was quickly replaced by the woman at the front desk. Breakfast was relaxing and cheery; a pleasant mix of danishes, yogurts, waffles, and fresh fruit. The coffee was hot and decaf was offered, which is a plus in my book. Even though the staff was spending Christmas at their place of employment, they made sure our needs were met with a smile. The price was right and we'll definitely return.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2009

the hotel is a hidden gem. the rooms are very clean. i myself worked for a bw hotel in laplata maryland. and our hotel is very clean. We strive to be the best. but the bw on the avenue comes in a close second, the bird in the lobby is a very nice touch. kthe staff was also great. will stay again. will tell all my friends,if the stay in buffalo ,stay at the avenue.

Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2009

I stayed at this hotel with my husband and my 3 children ages 18, 15 and 12. This hotel looked great online and in person. When we first arrived from our long drive up from VA the kids were restless and just wanted something to do, the front desk employee was very helpful and gave us a map and listed many fun activities that everyone could take part in. Not only did she give us our activities for the week she also told us about the many great places to eat within walking distance from the hotel. This hotel also saved us lots of money by serving their continental breakfast in the morning which had many great things to choose from including a great variety of cereal, muffins, donuts, fruits, pastries and drinks. Our kids also LOVED their talking bird Simba who is located right by their front desk. Overall we felt like this is a great safe and clean location for ourselves and our children and the staff was amazingly friendly and accommodating. We will definitely be staying here anytime we come to Buffalo.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2009

I live in Toronto and I travel to The Nickel City a lot to watch my favourite sports team, the Buffalo Bisons and I always stay here. It's right in a cool part of town, Allentown, near the Elmwood Strip and far enough away from Chippewa. The staff is great and I've never had a problem and I've stayed here at least 100 times. When you want help, the staff is there, when you want to be left alone, they give you the space. it's not a 5 star resort but it's good value. Check out The Founding Father's Pub on Edward Street, Mother's and Scarlet on Virginia Place (cross the street through the parking lot) for some good food. Mother's (don't let the name fool you) has a lot of good looking people and serves good food until 4am. Avoid the Anchor Bar on Main Street and pick K Gallagher's or Gabrielle's Gate on Allen if you want way better wings. there's a cool bookstore called Rust Belt Books on Allen.

Also, you get free use of the Gym next door while staying at the Best Western.

i do admit, the rooms are dated and need a facelift but it's a bit like Buffalo, a bit rough around the edges but a fun place.

Stayed June 2008
1 Thank baseballnutToronto
Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2008

Me along with many other students from DYC stay at this hotel location across the school year. When looking for a place to stay, this hotel stood out from the rest as being somewhere that I could stay and be safe! The staff are fantastic, throwing us "end of the semester" parties and supplying wings, salads and subs!
Breakfast = key to a long day at school... and aside from the slow toasters, I was able to get everything I needed to start my day. Anytime we had problems with facilities/rooms/blankets, the staff were quick to help us out with no problems at all!!!
Thanks for a great year Best Western!

• Liked — Friendly staff!
  • Disliked — Slow Toasters!
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Corinthia
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2007

I will never stay at this hotel again. I travel to Buffalo, NY frequently and stayed at this hotel. I had my car windows smashed in and received little help from the hotel management. They admitted their security camera was not working. They made no offer to discount my room or help pay the damages. My stay was costly and short. The hotel is nothing special - - cramped elevator, musty smell, pricey.

This neighborhood is questionable. There are too many other better hotels to stay such as the Holiday Inn, Hyatt Regency, Hampton Inn, etc.

Stayed September 2007
3 Thank laxpop
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2007

I stayed with my husband and two children in June over night and we were pleasantly surprised. This Best Western is very clean and the staff is very helpful and friendly. The free continental breakfast is served in a breakfast room and includes make-your-own Belgium waffles and other non-typical choices for a continental breakfast. This location is an easy ride from the airport and even easier access to the Canadian border, just a few minutes away. A great pub style restaurant is kitty-corner to the hotel. The elevator has slide key security so only hotel guests can get to the floors of the hotel. We commented to one another that we would definitely stay there again, great value.

• Liked — Friendly staff, clean, close to Niagara Falls/Canadian border, walk to restaurant, great free breakfast
  • Disliked — Buffalo downtown setting, not picturesque
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family