“I had the best stay I have ever had at any hotel.”

Best Western - On The Avenue
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
Baltimore, Maryland
“I had the best stay I have ever had at any hotel.”
Reviewed 24 September 2010

I was staying at the Best Western Inn because of a business conference that I had to attend. While staying i was able to enjoy a free breakfast and a friendly staff. One women in particular that I would like to mention is Dawn. She made my stay enjoyable. When ever I needed help she was there to tell me where to go and how to get there. My conference was downtown near city hall but i was not wuit sure how to get there because I am from out of town. Dawn went to the computer and printed me directions. She explained everything is a very professional manner. I wanted to let you know that out of all the hotels I have stayed at this was by far the best one. Everything was so claen and i would gladly come again soon with my children and husband for a vacation. Thank you for your time reading this.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank joshlovesheather

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 27 August 2010

We stayed at the Best Western on the Ave to attend a wedding. It was so grimy and dingy that we decided to relocate to another hotel. I understand that some of the rooms have been updated however ours was not, yet we still had to pay full price for the room. The outdated picture on the wall was cracked as was the alarm clock. The walls look as if they have never seen a cleaning and the faucet in the sink was broken. If you are planning to stay at the Best Western on the Ave, make sure it’s an updated room, if not take your money elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Hoovilation
beautiful Harpers Ferry WV
Reviewed 22 August 2010

Clean, quiet, no problems. Definitely no frills, but that's OK, wasn't expecting much at this price ($112 for one night, all taxes included).

Small parking area, I was afraid I wouldn't find a spot (we arrived late), but I did.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Toronto
Reviewed 27 May 2010

My friend and I stayed here one night this month as part of a weekend road trip to upstate New York. Compared to other hotel options, the rate was very good -- booked online via the Best Western site for a special advance purchase rate of US $117 (+tax). I expected a fairly basic, clean and no frills hotel experience -- and that is exactly what we got. I would certainly consider staying here again for similar trips where I am just looking for a place to lay my head.

Room:
We booked a room with two comfortable queen beds. The room was average size, with a small armchair and desk area. Decor was generic chain hotel fare, polyester bedspreads and the like. The room was clean and comfortable enough. We stayed on the 5th floor which was fairly quiet save for the occasional closing door. The elevator requires a room key to operate for added safety.

The bathroom was also clean, though showing its age. The sink and vanity area is in the open entryway, with the toilet and bathtub/shower behind the closed door. The shower was clean, though a bit old-school; water temperature tended to fluctuate which was a little annoying, but not a huge deal. Toiletries were shampoo, conditioner and moisturizer. There was an old wall-mounted hair dryer. The closet area was an open space in the vicinity of the vanity. There was also a nice, large-sized flat screen TV.

Parking & Staff:
The open air parking lot felt quite safe, though I ensured that nothing was left in my car to tempt any would-be thieves. I noticed that behind the front desk are four prominently displayed security monitors, so it was good to know that they were keeping an eye on things. I thought that this area of town was quite safe. During the day we wandered West to (I believe) Allentown and it had some interesting characters, though nothing to be concerned about. The staff were very friendly and helpful, nice to see some smiling faces behind the counter!

Other:
We didn't end up enjoying the free breakfast, so can't comment on that. We did take advantage of the free wifi, which had a nice, strong connection.

The location on Delaware was very convenient to where we were going, namely to Parkside to visit the Frank Lloyd Wright Darwin Martin House (a must see). We had dinner at the Anchor Bar nearby which was average as expected (had to do the touristy thing!), and breakfast at a coffee shop in Elmwood Village, also a 5 minute drive away.

Overall, this is a good value hotel for a fairly no frills, average, yet comfortable experience! Any questions? Feel free to send me a message.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Moops
Australia
Reviewed 18 April 2010

This was a great place to stay in Buffalo as it was close to Anchor Bar and the HSBC Arena!!! Staff were very friendly and helpful especially with directions. Breakfast was also a bonus.

The room was clean, shower pressure good and the bed was comfy. The train station was also only a short walk away. The price was very reasonable.

We would definately stay again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
WAYLAND
Reviewed 30 March 2010

Staff was helpful and the breakfast was amazing. Rooms were spacious and boutique like with a pretty good view of downtown buffalo. Bed was extremely comfortable and everything was clean. A great hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
newyork
Reviewed 31 January 2010

had to come to buffalo for my brothers cancer surgery,it was the trip from hell,had car problems,got lost.Called around from hosp. trying to find accomodations,the staff went out of their way to make my reservation,giving me a break on the rate.when we finally arrived the smiles and friendliness of the staff cannot be expressed in words.we stayed for 3 nights and would recommend the bw to anyone traveling thru the area.anything you needed the staff was right there to help,they made a very difficult time much easier to deal with,very outstanding,caring people.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business