“The grossest hotel I have ever stayed on!”

Adam's Mark Buffalo
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 June 2011

You pay &129.95 a night, plus $10.00 a night to park your car they don't disclose that when you book it. The first night we are there some kids come down freaking out about finding a mouse, on the same floor I am on. When I go to check it out sure enough maintenance is on our floor looking for it. The bath tub had what looked like urine in it, the white comforter had stains(you know what kind of stains)! If you don't take my advise NOT to stay here then do NOT eat at the restaurant! Wholly cow the nastiest food, and service EVER!!! I am disgusted by the entire experience and can not wait to get out! This place is awful!

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Hockey19mn

Reviewed 14 June 2011

Hotel decor very outdated, and dirty, stains everywhere you look. The staff here is very nice, just very ill knowledge about the hotel, it seemed as no one was able to answer anything. We needed a room to accommodate four people and we were told our room would do so, it did not. fortunately for us we were not in the hotel long. Did not like that we had to pay $10.00 for parking since we were already paying $80.00 for a $40.00 room. Aside from the very dirty rooms and outrageous prices the hotel is very impressive. It would be a great location for a conference or reception.

Room Tip: Book online as cheap as you can.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank knmiller42
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I would highly recommend not staying here. From the pool in the lobby, to the dirty carpets in the hall ways to the lumpy beds in the rooms, it is just not somewhere inviting after a long day of travel. Find an alternative as this place is in critical need of a facelift.

1  Thank SFCATravelGirl
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Also STAYED THERE IN JUNE 2011!!!! The staff was not efficient nor were they friendly in any way. The food was over priced and not very good. The waitstaff diffently needs more training on there service to customers. The rooms where outdated. The maid staff did more talking on the floors then they did with the care of the rooms. Our coffee pot was never replenished, nor where the cups. They didn't even want to change the sheets everyday until I spoke to the front desk. The emergency alarm went off twice and no one told us where to go or what to do just to go to your evacuation area, no one told us where that was. The ice machine was broken on our floor. The carpets where dirty and stained, paint pulling on the walls. Was told we had a great view of Lake Erie, well if they call our view great they where sadly mistaken our view was of the highway ramp. We where quoted a price when we reserved our room but when we checked out it was totally different!!! When I questioned the customer service desk about my bill, I was told have a nice day!!!! This hotel was overpriced and didn't offer anything for the price. Never again will we be staying there or recommened this hotel to anyone if they go to Buffalo!!!

2  Thank dawndawn_11
Reviewed 8 June 2011

WAY overpriced for what you get...
$130 for a room, with no refrigerator
Old tube TV
No free breakfast
Hotel has pizza on menu but orders it from local restaurant.
Lunch wait for food after order is 30-45 minutes w/o many people in the restaurant.
Hidden charges, don't spend too much time on the road but still never heard of an "Occupancy Tax"
Staff is rude and unhelpful
Bar area is dirty and stinks.
Fixtures are broken all over the hotel, carpeting is stained and dirty.
"Free shuttle" from airport did not exist, was a $35 cab ride. Conference leader had to yell at management to get that fixed.

Room Tip: Comfort Suites is only a 10 minute walk from here
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
VisionsBuffalo, General Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2011

Danno119,
Thank you for your feedback. I apologise for your experiences. It is our expectation that every guest every time has a reMarkable stay with us. All our food here is made on site with four full time chefs, serving the finest of deserts; even our pizza in a special pizza oven just like they use at the finest places boxed just as they do. As we continue to renovate the entire hotel the corridors are scheduled to be next on this multimillion dollar renovation project. We will be moving into the resturant and lounge area as well and have begun updating these areas already. We are excited to showcase our 198 Executive level rooms that do include microwaves and refridgerators in every one of these rooms. Again I apologise for your experiences if you would like to discuss it futher please do not hesitate to call me. Your feedback is valued and appreciated thank you for taking the time to offer it to us. I will take the time to share this with the entire team.

Reviewed 1 June 2011

Room was OK but halls were old and carpet especially dirty. Gift shop purchases cannot be put on hotel bill. Location hard to get to by car and bounded by freeway, expressway, several streets. Breakfast buffet good, dinner mediocre. Nice to have a pool. Near Pearl St. Grill/Brewery/Restaurant which is fabulous. I didn't pay for the room myself (don't know price; my company paid), and so I can't comment on price/value.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2011

It was my first time in the Queen City, and the front desk people and bellhops did everything they could to make my stay comfortable and pleasant. The linens are to die for and there are so many pillows, one could suffocate in comfort. Now for the nit picking: there are stains on the hallway from age, we stayed on the fifth floor and it took my boyfriend (a local) and I until the ninth floor to find a drink machine that worked and was stocked. Also, all the elevators are situated in one central space, which gives the dark hallways sort a horror movie feel to it. Finally, two words: Paper thin walls. Take that as you wish. Didn't eat at the restaurant, but the pizzaria that delivers, Daddio's, is delicious. Other than the spectacular lobby, it's pretty much your run of the mill hotel. And if you are lucky and stay on the fifth floor or higher and the fog is lifted you will have a great view of Lake Erie. I'll be back again in July!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple