“Not what you expect from an Adams Mark”

Adam's Mark Buffalo
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We stayed at the Adams Mark in Buffalo on July 15 2011, on our way from Niagara Falls to Watkins Glen and the Finger Lakes Wine Festival. The reason we got the Adams Mark was that it was an unpublished hotel special on Expedia. We took a gamble and got a great room rate. Being an Adams Mark, we were expecting it to be a very nice hotel. Nope. This was one of the more dirty hotels we have stayed in all summer. I see now why we got such a great room rate. If you get a great rate and only plan to sleep and shower, then this is fine. If you are expecting it to be a higher end hotel, you are going to be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,848)

Reviewed 19 July 2011

On Friday July 15, 2011 my wedding was help at the Adam's Mark Hotel. The G.M. Jim Burke and his staff did an outstanding job making sure the bride had the happiest day of her life. From the friendly front desk staff to Kate in sales, John the bartender and even the maintenance staff assisted in making sure our wedding ran smoothly and looked wonderful.
As for the physical property of the hotel it appeared to be in pretty good shape. The public areas were clean and well maintained. The room we stayed in was modern & clean. The refrigerator & microwave was a nice touch. Overall we had terrific service and a great time.

Tip #1: The Adams Mark is only a couple blocks and the closest hotel to the Bisons Baseball stadium
Tip # 2: Go out the front entrance turn right,walk to 1st stop sign turn right and that will take you to the waterfront. This ais a great place to walk,jog ,have a burger or and icecream or just relax at the edge of the lake

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank drdavid5
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Oh, my goodness. It all started with my friends and I walking into the front lobby of the hotel. Right away we could tell that they were all right judging us. We know this, because we were heading to our room when we remember that we had a question and on our way back we caught them talking about us. We pretend like it it did not happen because we had just arrived and our trip had only begun, therefore we weren't going to let a few rude people with poor customer service bother us. Then while we were upstairs in our room, we realized that we need extra blankets and towels, except we only remember them separately so we made two calls downstairs and by the second call, they had alright sounded annoy with us. Again we did not let that bother us. This was only the beginning out of our trip. Towards the end of our trip, we decided to have breakfast at the hotel. The waitress kept getting our orders all mixed up when the only table she had to serve was us. We didn't mind that she wasn't the best waitress in the world; it was at the end when she had thought that we did not pay for our food. It was quite clear from the beginning that we had paid cash and it was in the folder with the receipt because she had asked us how we were paying and we told her cash and we pointed it to the table where the black folder sat. She smiled and said nothing. It was until we had left that she started to chase us down, telling us that we had to pay. We were so stocked and confused that she had assumed that we didn't pay, We nicely told her once more where the money was and we were glad that we didn't tip too well. The last thing that really did bother me was the missing item from my room. I had not realized it until the day that I had left. I had brought my KOBO Reader with me on this trip, (That's right, Americans, a KOBO Reader, NOT a KINDLE Reader) and it was not in my room the day I was leaving because we had searched the whole room for everything and anything in case we had decided to place anything in a safe place and forgot where. So I called the hotel afterwards and they told me that they had it and that they would send me my KOBO Reader, but I received it, it was broken!!! I had a feeling that my reader just didn't get up and went for a walk and return broken. It was taken from me and return broken. Personal advice' don't let the mains clean your room while you stay there, wait until after you have left. Especially since you don't want anything going missing on you.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank THNL
VisionsBuffalo, General Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2011

THNL,

Thank you for your feedback. I have shared your response with my team. Our Director of Seciurity personally mailed back your EReader and tells me it was packaged in bubble wrap and in to a box for mailing. We should have all the information you need to make a calim with the shipping company. At the time of mailing there was no damages to the reader. Perhaps in transit it was damaged. Please call and ask for Kevin in Security he will be glad to assist you further.

Reviewed 12 July 2011

Warr Family Reunion July 8th~11th. Disappointed with accomodations. Made error with early reservations and our bill upon check out. Upgraded us to a room that was nice minus the busted sink fixture, frayed curtains and cobwebs. Mirrors were still dirty and some of the curtain hooks were not attached to the track. Loose garbage by the ice machine was disgraceful.

Room Tip: No tips...hopefully if you decide to book there, you may find your experience to be better than mine...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank CarolineLove

Caroline,

Thank you for your feedback, We really enjoyed having the family reunion here and have received rave reviews from many of the guests. I know Edwin has worked with you on your billing issue. We are working on replacing all the drapries at the hotel and have 198 rooms already done and are anxiously awaiting the rest to arrive. Hallway renovations begin in the next couple of weeks. I have addressed your other concerns with my team. We strive to not only meet our guests needs but exceed them.

Reviewed 27 June 2011

The room we were given was clean, but there was definitely room for improvement. Our room overlooked a rooftop, and things were a bit worn, especially the furniture. The area around the hotel wasn't particularly nice either, and it wasn't really a pleasant walk up to the main street. However, getting to the game was easy enough, and the price was right.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
VisionsBuffalo, General Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. At the end of July we will be beginning the corridors revovations at the hotel. All the carpeting, wall vinyl and lighting will be replaced. We are very excited as the guest rooms enter the final stages of renovations. You are right we are so very colse to so many great things to do while in town. We are walking distance to the ball park and the arena. I am looking forward to your return.

Reviewed 25 June 2011

You pay &129.95 a night, plus $10.00 a night to park your car they don't disclose that when you book it. The first night we are there some kids come down freaking out about finding a mouse, on the same floor I am on. When I go to check it out sure enough maintenance is on our floor looking for it. The bath tub had what looked like urine in it, the white comforter had stains(you know what kind of stains)! If you don't take my advise NOT to stay here then do NOT eat at the restaurant! Wholly cow the nastiest food, and service EVER!!! I am disgusted by the entire experience and can not wait to get out! This place is awful!

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Hockey19mn
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Hotel decor very outdated, and dirty, stains everywhere you look. The staff here is very nice, just very ill knowledge about the hotel, it seemed as no one was able to answer anything. We needed a room to accommodate four people and we were told our room would do so, it did not. fortunately for us we were not in the hotel long. Did not like that we had to pay $10.00 for parking since we were already paying $80.00 for a $40.00 room. Aside from the very dirty rooms and outrageous prices the hotel is very impressive. It would be a great location for a conference or reception.

Room Tip: Book online as cheap as you can.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends