“Very disappointed-won't be back!”

Adam's Mark Buffalo
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Elgin, SC
“Very disappointed-won't be back!”
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We arrived in Buffalo to visit friends and family for the Fourth of July, and chose to stay at the Adams Mark after getting a great discounted rate through one of those .com discount websites. We stayed 6 nights total. The front of the hotel is lovely, but once you go beyond the entry and exit the elevator, you find yourself walking in poorly lit, dirty hallways. The wallpaper is peeling, the carpets have numerous stains and the decor is very outdated. We made the trek down to our room on the sixth floor. I immediately checked out the bathroom and found several hairs on the floor. The bathtub also had hair inside and on the rim. The room smelled of musty mold (my daughter and husband are allergic, so their allergies acted up the entire stay). I complained to the front desk and they took care of it. We went to the pool that first night and there was black dirt gathered in two corners of the pool, a dirty bandaid stuck to the side, several dead bugs on the deck (this is an INDOOR pool) and a couple of hair bows. Two days later, the same bugs, dirt, bandaid and hair bows were there!. The manager seemed genuinely concerned and reversed our parking fees in consideration. I understand that they will be re-doing the hotel and bringing it up to date, but that certainly should not allow carpet stains to be ignored and general housekeeping and maintenance (changing out light bulbs) to be a lesser priority. We still paid to stay there, but honestly, I have stayed at cleaner 2 star hotels.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 6 August 2011

As a business man, I stay in plenty Hotels. I was a bit afraid of stay at the Hotel nick named " The bed bug Hotel" When I walked in I noticed extremely fast what people ment with the Hotel being out dated. Employees explained to me that renovations are being made. I wasn't to disappointed then. Check in was okay, The room was clean, Room service was great & players bar was I guess the best part of my stay, Ryan the bartender & Kathy the cocktail waitress were great! Food was so good, words could not explain, Kathy recommend The bbq Salmon I couldn't have picked a better choice. Ryan made sure my drinks were made on time, it was pretty busy that night a week or so ago. I defently went in afraid and a little upset with the rugs, wallpaper, that nasty looking sofa in the lobby etc... But the service the house keepers & bar provided I would defently return. Hope renovations move quickly because the only fail was first impression.

Jacob.

• Stayed July 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I was fortunate to meet two excellent employees, Adam (shuttle driver) and Kenny (Food and Bev Manager), both of whom were extremely kind, courteous, and accommodating. They really went out of there way to make my stay as great as possible.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Toronto
Reviewed 30 July 2011

We booked this hotel but then read some of the reviews on TripAdvisor. I then became a bit nervous wondering what we would find when we got there. The worry was unfounded. When we arrived I had to tell them that I had booked for two rather than three (my daughter's sleepover fell through). The young woman, Kate, at the desk didn't bat an eye and said "no problem". She then overheard my partner ask me whether or not I wanted to try and go to the minor league baseball game that was just starting. She produced three tickets for us thus making my partner a very, very happy man. I asked her for a restaurant nearby and she recommended the Pearl Street Grill which suited us perfectly - great food, great service and terrific beer. Overall, the room was fine. It was clean, quiet and the bed was comfortable. The hotel was a bargain price so truly we expected to get what we paid for but came away with a great deal. It is a very short walk to stadium, the staff were very helpful and it is convenient to downtown as well.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank jofrances
bucuresti
Reviewed 29 July 2011

very nice beds, large rooms, really good breakfast and very helpful and nice stuff. there were no travel adaptors in the hotel.

nice and relaxing place for niagara fals

• Stayed July 2011
Ingersoll, Canada
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed mid week for one night. The room seem to have been updated recently which was nice but the carpets in the halls are in rough shape. We didn't eat at there but had a $5 draft beer at the bar which was cold but not all the taps where in working order. I had read bad reviews so I braced myself for the worst but it was not that bad. Getting charged $10 to park in the on site parking lot is a great scam. The site I booked this hotel through did not include this in the advertised price so it's a great way for the hotel to make an extra 10% per room! Not much to do around the hotel either so be prepared to drive to find anything.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheLuckyDuece
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. My husband has family in Buffalo and we were excited to be in town for a mini-reunion. We arrived at about 4:00am after driving all night. The reservations that had been made and confirmed with the first night pre-paid 2 months in advance had been cancelled by the time we got there. We were told, too bad, you got here too late, no more rooms. They had no suggestion of where we were to go and no offer to help us find lodging. Beleive me, we did NOT want the reservations after going through this, but we needed a place to stay. Got there too late??? Really?? If we didn't show up, the first night had already been paid for! And when I requested a refund, they said they couldn't do that as it was against policy.Long story short, voila, they found a room. they talked about us AS WE STOOD THERE! "Don't know why they just don't leave, sho do they think they are anyway?" "It's their fault they didn't arrive earlier. We stayed the one night and slept on the floor at my sister-in-law's house one night and a brother-in-law the second. Never, ever, again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family