“Disappointing”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Buffalo, NY
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 11 October 2011

My wife and I were treated to a night away and were disappointed by the Adam's Mark. The floor we stayed on was apparently due for an upgrade...the carpets were filthy, the walls were stripped of pictures revealing holes, ripped wall coverings...and the lighting was poor. The room was outdated, there were hairs all over the bathroom, and the television didn't work. A maintenance man attended to the television, brought a second remote (and it still didn't work). He said he would be back, but we never saw him again.

To anyone considering staying here - stay at the Hyatt. It is cleaner, updated, and the service is much better.

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I was in town on business and I just wanted to say I was pleased with the great service I received from Jason at the front desk. Thank you for making this business trip a pleasure.
Jonathan E...

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 9 October 2011

I stayed for one night on a business trip. I thought I receive good value-for-money for my renovated, clean, and passably attractive room. The bathroom was awkwardly organized but didn't present a major problem. I liked the secure parking and the fountain near the entrance. On the negative side, the receptionist was a little surly and robot-like at first, though she warmed up as she could tell how tired I was (checking in after a long day at 1 AM).

I would go again if, just like this time around, I got a much better deal here than I could have gotten at the Hyatt.

Room Tip: Ask for the renovated rooms.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 8 October 2011

Enjoyed our stay at Adam's Mark even though it is in the middle of renovation. Everyone was very helpful there, the beds were comfortable and clean. The banquet food was excellent. The regular restaurant had a limited menu and was OK. Didn't use the pool or weight room, but they seemed to be well-used. I will say that the manager needs to keep close oversight on the renovation as there were several small items (crooked faceplate on light switch in bathroom, paint coming off of bathroom door, paint drips, and a support board for bed headboard sticking out. Perhaps they do quality control at the end, but would be good to catch these items now. Overall we had an enjoyable stay and especially enjoyed the marina area nearby.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Ballston Spa, New York
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I stayed here on a Sunday night after the Bills football game, based on a special rate for Bills season ticket holders, it was my first time to this hotel. Some information was not made really clear to me upon registration like having to pay for parking. I suppose that's the case for this hotel since it's downtown and has no parking lot. My view from the room was a concrete wall, the room was at the far end of the hall. Maybe that's where discount rooms for Bills fans go, great deal?! The pool & exercise room are located on the third floor but I never made it there because once I got off the elevator I saw the hallway was filled with contractors and equipment! I don't know if those services were closed temporarily or not, but nothing was mentioned at check in.

Room Tip: Don't get a room down the end of your hall that is next to the highway off ramp and blocked by a...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Bristol, Connecticut
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I said in the Adam Marks and had an amazing time. The hotel was beautiful and everyone was so friendly and nice, especially the front desk staff. the one who checked me in was Jason. He was friendly and just made me feel welcomed.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Galion, Ohio
Reviewed 6 October 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at Adam's Mark Buffalo. Was on a girls road trip (retired girls road trip...ha) Adam's Mark is very relaxing. The new updates and remodeling look very nice. I plan to go back in a year or so, because you are only 6 hours from Ohio. Nancy Nathan was very helpful and showed us around Buffalo.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends