“Amber the bartender”

Adam's Mark Buffalo
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 November 2011

The service at the players lounge was phenomenal! Amber was awesome. Absolutely Outstanding job!

• Stayed: November 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (1,842)

Reviewed 29 October 2011

We got a great deal when we booked this room! Super location - we spent Saturday walking around to the marina, downtown, Allentown and through the medical areas. Met lots of nice people wanting to tell us the history of the buildings, underground railroad etc. Within walking distance to Chippewa Street's entertainment area. Mni bar and microwave in room - had to search floors for ice. A great weekend!

Room Tip: Go high to get a water view - don't open windows - highway noise
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 October 2011

This property was constructed in the 1970s as a Hilton. An addition enlarged the lobby in the late-80s, which was perhaps when the property was last thoroughly renovated. The hotel is currently under incremental renovation, by the looks of things. I found my room to be spacious and clean, and the bed comfortable. Unfortunately, the free computers available for hotel guests lack MS Office: no Word, no PowerPoint, etc. - so they're just useful for internet surfing. The hotel staff is good; they attended immediately to my sagging shower curtain rod, which initially permitted copious amounts of water to splash onto the bathroom floor when I was bathing. Mark P. receives special commendation for his excellent dining room service; he's a dead ringer for the actor Tim Curry, BTW. The hotel's location is good; I was attending a convention and got around well on foot. Overall though, the property was a bit frayed. The helpful, friendly staff counterbalances things, and the ongoing renovation will hopefully result, eventually, in a nicer physical plant.

Room Tip: Many fourth floor rooms (including mine) overlook the unattractive roof of a parking garage. The oth...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
VisionsBuffalo, General Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2011

Dear Frank

Thank you for taking the time to review the property. I really appreciate your long term relationship with the hotel. If you like what we have done already, I am sure when you return you will absolutely love what’s next. We are just starting the next phase the Deco Restaurant, Tiffany Rose Lounge and Players Bar areas and should have everything wrapped up in the next few months. I will be reviewing the programs in our Business Center with our IT person and upgrade the programs in our Business Center. Thank you for your feedback and I am looking forward to your return.

Reviewed 25 October 2011

Hotel is right next to Interstate 90. Traffic noise is incredible!! Cars, trucks, buses and motorcycles day and night! Dirty food trays left in halls all day. Food is tasteless and boring. One person at front desk for check out, 15 people waiting in line for 30 minutes! Carpet in hall dirty and old. NO Shuttle to airport. Cab fare was $40.00 USD. Cabbies fighting over fares in front of hotel. All this for $189.00 a night! I would not stay here again if you payed me!!!!!

Room Tip: There arn't any!
1  Thank Gerald M

Gerald,

I would like to first apologize for your experiences and the traffic noise you experienced. While some people are more sensitive to the noise than others generally this is not a problem for us. We certainly do make every effort to anticipate our guest’s needs and perhaps a city view room would have been better suited for your stay with us. I will take the opportunity to review your concerns with the cab company and see that these are addressed as well. Thank you for taking the time to offer us your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 24 October 2011

Thank you for a wonderful stay at the Adams Mark hotel. Staff very friendly and always helpful... Front Desk help Jason was very quick with the reservation and always helpful
Paul Smith is a Great Person for the Adams Mark Hotel also as he sees to make sure that all events move along very nicely without any problems... he is always on top of the situations.
5 stars for service and help. Will stay there again next time in Buffalo.

Room Tip: all floors are great
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business

Jack,
Thank you for your feedback and recognizing our staff. I know they will be excited to see that they have exceeded your expectations during your stay.

Reviewed 18 October 2011

I didn't stay at the Adam's Mark Hotel, but I attended an event that was held there. Judging by the general appearance (ornately gorgeous) I figured that staying there would not fit into my budget. However, over a period of three days, I became pretty familiar with the surroundings. The swimming pool is impressively huge, and it's indoors--just where I like pools to be. There are many meeting rooms of various sizes as well as a ballroom. The restaurant has an open design like a large dining room without any partitions. The setup is elegant. There's a breakfast buffet with lots of choices. A chef is on hand to prepare specific requests. Surprisingly, the restaurant did not break the bank, and that was a plus! Based on what I experienced, I've decided to give this hotel a try next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Zana,

Thank you for taking a moment to write your review. Often people are surprised at the value for the money at the hotel. Often we will run special promotions and packages that offer people the opportunity to experience this Outstanding facility and Awesome Service at very affordable prices. We currently have a great special for Sunday Evenings that can’t be beat during the Buffalo Bills season. Calling the hotel and asking for our Buffalo Bills Special Sunday rate 716 845-5100. We would love for you to come back with your family or friends and have the full experience.

Reviewed 18 October 2011

This hotel is a mess -- bad service, outdated, and constantly smells of carpet cleaner! There are much better choices in Buffalo!!!

1  Thank Scott S