“Friendliest & Most Helpful Customer Service”

Adam's Mark Buffalo
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I'm and going to list two names right off the bat: ANNIE LEE & KENNY PATEL. I called over thirteen different hotels in the local area with money to burn, and was completely turned off by the rude and unprofessional attitude I received each time. I work for a large million dollar corporation that involves a network of coworkers we consider family, and word of mouth is considered huge at our company.

Annie and Kenny were exceptional. Being a leader/manager myself I can appreciate leadership qualities and the stress that comes with it. Kenny Patel is remarkable, and encouraging. I will continue spending my money at this hotel only whenever in the area just because of these two individuals. Annie is working hard, has a positive attitude, and welcomes all questions and concerns without delay and is pro-active. Your manager has obviously had a large impact on his workers like Annie, who I appreciated immediately. Incentive is necessary to encourage our youth and upcoming replacements to excel. I want to contribute to this hotel's integrity and outstanding record of excellence. I will tell anyone I know that this was my best experience, and I haven't even stayed overnight yet. That's how impressed I was. Whatever this company is doing, it's doing it well and many others have much to gain by learning from Adam's Mark.
Please thank Annie and Kenny for a lovely experience!!!

1  Thank Rachael P
Write a ReviewReviews (1,837)

Reviewed 16 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night with a group of girlfriends; we came into town for a friends’ birthday so it really was just a quick trip. The hotel looks beautiful from the outside; the fountain is a nice welcoming touch to the hotel. The lobby is beautiful as well, check in was quick and easy and the staff were all very helpful. Thank you to Iris for the great directions to find food! But that’s where the beauty stopped; it seems like they renovated the common areas and forgot about the rooms!! Very old!!! We had one of those old fashioned brown clock radios in our room that had a hard time giving us a clear radio station to listen to. An old TV which we never bothered to turn on and now to think of it I’m not even sure we knew where the remote for it was. The beds were comfortable but pretty small and they give you 2 really small pillows which were not too comfortable at all. My friends and I noticed a sticky trap for flies in the floor in the corner of the room that looked like it hadn't been replaced in some times as it was covered with insects! Now the walls in this hotel PAPER THIN!! Because I was in the first room when you enter the hall after getting off the elevator we heard everything!!! By time you fall asleep you hear a loud group or even just 2 people walking to or from their room to the elevator! Plus the people next door to us just having regular conversation were heard pretty clearly through those walls! The bathroom SMALL, and desperately in need for a renovation!! Stains on the ceiling were not a very pretty sight to see!
This hotel served its purpose for the night and all staff we encountered was very nice but I will not be staying here again. I’m sure there must be way better options!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MsBishop_a
Reviewed 15 April 2012

The location is convenient; the outside is lovely; it goes down hill from there. The rooms are shabby and in dire need of updating - as well as every day cleaning. Wall paper is peeling; scrapes or scuff marks on the walls, stains on the bathroom walls, hair-balls on the floor. Decor is non - descript and faded.
the restaurant service was extremely poor, with the exception of a very competent and friendly Evelyn. when seated in the restaurant, we were given one menu, and told the only wines were on a placard on the table. We ordered from those. However, we soon saw that everyone around us was also offered a bar menu and a buffet option. The wine was turned to vinegar. The buffet consisted of several deep-fried items; all at less than room temperature. The next morning, what was advertised as the "best breakfast in Buffalo", consisted of a powdered mix for scrambled eggs; bacon that tasted rancid; and clearly none of the amenities usually present (for example there were burners for making omelettes, and omelette ingredients listed on a sign), but none were offered. when we expressed our observation of the poor quality, the waitress was very kind and said she'd speak to the manager. she didn't charge us, but the manager never spoke with us.
At check-out, when asked about our stay, we said it was not very good. The person at the reception desk never answered and just asked us if we'd enjoyed the concert we'd been in town to attend.
We ended up feeling that because the Adam's Mark is really the only downtown hotel in Buffalo that's convenient to the arena for concerts and sporting event, that they simply do not care - there is no competition. We live in Rochester - so, next time, we'll just drive the 70 miles home rather than spend another evening here - just not worth the money - if it was a cheap hotel, we would have expected this.

Room Tip: Only stay here if you have to..... alot of highway noise on the north side
2  Thank rochestertraveller
Reviewed 11 April 2012

The adams mark hotel had Clean rooms; great staff; great price; right in the middle of downtown Buffalo. Bar stayed open late which was nice as my flight was delayed into the late hours of the night. I would deinitely return and recommend anybody who will be visiting Buffalo.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2012

The staff service is what sets this hotel apart. The rooms were standard, comfortable and clean (although we needed to crank the heat to warm it up a bit). The bar and lobby area were quite nice,and we enjoyed drinks and dessert at the bar which was good.
I was making a cross border trip to pick up a wedding dress for my upcoming wedding and was there with members of my bridal party. The hotel staff at the bar treated by (pregnant) bridesmaid well by allowing her to take her water glass up to the room with her for the night. My expectations were exceeded by the amazing service I received from Jonathan upon check out. I needed to return a second wedding dress I had purchased and inquired about the closest UPS store...and he offered to have the hotel mail it off for me. He boxed it up and sent it off, and just went above and beyond. All the staff were incredibly nice and I think as a traveller that is what makes the difference when the hotel accomodations are pretty much all standard. Thank you Adams Mark!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Just the right amount of amenities for a good business trip at a very reasonable price and with a very accommodating staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank James D
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed at the Adams Mark over the Easter weekend ( Friday and Saturday night )., we purchased via a Groupon. We found our room to be clean and the bed very comfortable. The staff are very friendly and helpful with a good sense of humour. The hotel public areas are lovely and the restaurant ( we did not eat there ) looked very welcoming and was busy on the Saturday night. Some of the room fixtures needed replacing ( broken tap ) but overall had everything we needed including a fridge and microwave. Would stay here again if the price was similar. Location is downtown and you can walk to the Navy park with lots of restaurants and bars nearby. Our tip: eat wings at the Anchor Bar - they were awesome!

Room Tip: Ensure you get an executive room