“Pleased customer” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Pleased customer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

I want to start by complementing the service we received when we checked in and left, Pam did a great job getting us situated and made a great recommendation to eat at Pearl Street. Our room was clean, the beds were comfortable and it did not take long to catch the elevator. The breakfast buffet in the morning was above average for a free hotel buffet. Everything tasted fresh and was restocked promptly. I got to also enjoy the pool over the course of my stay and it was very clean. For what we paid I considered it a steal.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Philip S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Medfield, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

What can you say about a room where one of the windows is opaque because the vapor barrier is broken, the toilet runs all night, and you can clearly hear every car coming down the off-ramp even though you're nine floors up? This was a convention trip to Buffalo, a city I had never visited before. If I ever go back to Buffalo, I will sleep on a park bench before I stay in a hotel where the desk clerks are nowhere to be seen, the restaurant staff is indifferent at best, and the decor is browns and teals. The final slap in the face is that I wrote a detailed email about my stay and got back a prompt response from Keni Patel, the ‘hotel manager’, promising to look into - and correct - each problem area, and get back to be within a few days. That was in May. I resent my letter - twice. Each time, nothing but silence. My summary advice: avoid this hotel like the plague.

Room Tip: I was on the ninth floor in room 965. It is possible (though a subsequent email exchange with hotel...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Neal S
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2012

This place is rated as a three start hotel. No way... There were no light bulbs in our room when we checked in. Apparently, the last guests had stolen them. The room didn't look like it had been thoroughly cleaned in months - or years. There were empty liquor bottles in the night table drawers and old food in the refrigerator. There was no garbage can in the bathroom. I could go on...bottomline, I wouldn't stay here again if it was free!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Dooveragain
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

It was fine for the price butwait staff in the restaurant were quite rude. Also, ask for a renovated room. Iris at the front desk gave great service. There are other, better options for hotels near Chippewa.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
VisionsBuffalo, General Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to provide us with your feedback. I will share your comments with the restaurant. I appreciate your kind words about Iris I will share them with her. Looking forward to your return.

General Manager/ Area Rooms Division Manager
716 845-5100 ext. 7100/7077
Cicero, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

We were here over a weekend for a dance championship weekend and while the event was great, the hotel was not. Overall, the entire staff was quite rude and not helpful. Probably the worst part of the hotel was the restaurant. It would take 15 min to get a glass I water, another 20 min to get the check or a to go box, and this was with only 6 occupie tables. For the breakfast buffet, there were only 5 tables full, and we were told we had to wait 10 min for a table because every single one in the place was still dirty. Strongly do not recommend.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank Evan H
Evan,
Thank you for your feedback. I have shared your comments with our Outlets Manager and apologize for your experiences in the restaurant. There are times when everyone is on the exact same schedule it causes the outlets area to struggle to keeping up. This was the first year we did not have additional areas set up for food purchases for the group, and we will evaluate bringing this back for next year. We appreciate your business and will work hard at improving for 2013.

716 845-5100 ext. 7-77/7100
new york state
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

No room service at 11:30 pm on a friday night although it is advertised as available til 2 am. Breakfast buffet was TERRIBLE! The best things on the buffet were the items that didn't need to be cooked (danish, cereal etc.) and we had to wait 7 minutes for a server when we were the only ones in the dining room. Front desk clerk was completely indifferent when i brought these concerns to her attention.This place is a joke. I've had much better experiences at 2 star hotels. How this place is considered a 3 star hotel is beyond me. If you are coming to Buffalo avoid this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank dmw14127
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

I thought the room was okay. I didn't know how to control the Air Conditioning, so it was on more than I would have liked. Bathtub could have been cleaner. Blu ray or DVD player would have been nice. The breakfast buffet was reasonably priced, but not a lot of selection.
The hotel could have had more than two buggies for luggage.

However, Bill, the Door man made a huge difference!! He was very pleasant and extremely helpful. My friends and I were extremely grateful.

The next time I am in Buffalo, I would make a point of dropping by to see how Bill is doing.

Thank you Bill for putting Adam's Mark on the map for my friends and I.

Best regards,

Cate

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Cate,
I appreciate your feedback and value your business. Thank you for choosing the Adams Mark Hotel & Events Center for your recent stay in Buffalo. I have shared your comments with Bill and he was excited to be recognized for his efforts. He is a true asset to the team here and a great ambassador for the City of Buffalo. We are also looking forward to your return to Buffalo.

General Manager/ Area Rooms Division Manager