“GREAT LOCATION”

Adam's Mark Buffalo
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I stayed at the Adams Mark for one night for a concert at First Niagara. The location was great and within walking distance to restaurants and the FNC. Our room was spacious and very clean and the bed was very confortable. The only complaint was the long wait to check-in. When i arrived, there was very limited room for temporary parking and the line to check-in was backed up to the door. It took at least 20-25. Would stay again, but have to do something to speed up the ccheck-in.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

Thank you for your review of your visit to the Adams Mark Hotel and Events Center. The hotel is a great place to stay when attending events at the Arena. Just a few blocks away and many of our guest walk there when attending events. I have already put into an action plan to expedite our check in process, adding both computers and the personnel for faster check in. I realize when a concert is happening everyone gets here about the same time. We are now ready to make this a faster process. Looking forward to your return.

There are newer reviews for Adam's Mark Buffalo

Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed here first weekend in November. Huge lobby, check in was ok. They charge you an extra $5 per night to park, but there is covered parking which can be a plus in the winter in Buffalo. We stayed in one of the renovated rooms on the 8th floor. Decor was nice, flat screen tv, fridge and microwave. Bathroom needed a little overhaul, the handle was falling off and the faucet was definitely recycled. But the water was hot. And the bed was really comfortable. We had a room facing the expressway, make sure you get a room facing the city. Its much quieter as friends who stayed on that side mentioned there was little traffic noise. Our heater was really noisy through the night, I had to get up and shut if off. All 3 of our room keys malfunctioned on Saturday night precipitating a late night trip down to the lobby.
The gym was adequate, although the sauna was not turned on when I got there and did not heat up when I left. The pool water was freezing as well.
Downtown Buffalo basically has nothing in it, so don't expect to walk around to any attractions unless you are there for the Sabres (not when they are on strike) or baseball.
So all in all, for what we paid, the hotel was lacking in more than a few areas.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the city!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Ned,

I appreciate your feedback on your recent visit. Average is not our goal, we strive to exceed expectations of our guests. I am looking forward to your return so we can create a wow experience for you and your guests.

Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

Stayed with my husband this past Saturday. Check in was quick the girl at the front desk was friendly and efficient..sorry I dont remember her name. We had a superior King room with microwave and fridge. Room was great..modern, view of downtown Buffalo..on the top floor (9th), &Clean! The bed was very comfortable. This was our second time at Adams Mark and we will definetly be back!

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your comments with the staff. Check out our great packages, Including an "Everything is included, Shop and Stay, Romance Package and a family package" . All have been built and designed to spoil our guests. Looking forward to your return.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Stayed one night, our second time there, for a cross border shopping trip with our 14 year old niece. Stayed in executive room, very clean with linen duvet covers, room to move around, and good basic facilities. Unfortunately the pool was out of order when we arrived. We couldn't check in when we arrived, because it was about 2:30, and the room wasn't ready before 3 pm, but that was OK. We returned to the room after shopping (about 20 minutes to Walden Galleria, and about the same to the Fashion Outlet malls, the hotel in very close to the border at Fort Erie/Buffalo. The biggest problem is the loud heating/air system, that phased in and out at intervals through the night, and woke me a couple of times. The beds were comfortable, pillows of varied hardness, so I could find one thin and soft enough for my taste.

Room Tip: the executive rooms are worth the extra, newer and nicer.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Janet,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of the hotel. I am sorry the pool was out of order for a short time during your stay with us. I am glad to report the problem has been quickly rectified and back up and running. I would love to have you back, and offer you a special discounted price for your inconvenience. We value all our customers and I know how much the little ones look forward to our indoor heated pool after a full day of shopping. My sincerest apologies.

716 845-5100 ext 7077

Reviewed 3 November 2012

Wow I came to let the girls swim in the pool seeing its cold out and not much to do. Went to pool area and it was out of order. I talked to Pam at front desk and she said there was nothing she could do. Talked to Jeremy the manager and he opened the pool for us but he let me know the thermostat wasn't working. Well it was cold but I could handle that. The problem was it was dirty. The sauna didn't work either. Never again. This was a big dissapointment! At least they could of offered for us to come back another day. My advice would be don't book with this hotel!!!

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Deborah K
Reviewed 1 November 2012

We had a King Suite on the 9th floor. The view was nice. The room was nice too...had a microwave and fridge which was a bonus. We had a buffet breakfast on sunday..it was good.
Shopping was 15 minutes away

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Dave,

Thank you for your review. I know with the holidays coming shopping is on every ones mind. As you said we are just minutes from some of the finest shopping outlets in the North East. We just launched some great shopping packages. We appreciate your business hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2012

Almost perfect means an almost perfect hotel: superior rooms, outstanding performance of the members at the front desk. High classed rooms with excellent beds. We had room 603. This room is situated at the rear side of the hotel. One of the interstates has its junction at this side. Some noise, but not too much.
The only thing which can obtain a 5 stars award is the breakfast. More facilities will give this, to my opinion, 5 stars. I think the breakfast facilities can be better.
Nevertheless: when you are in Buffalo, choose this hotel.

Room Tip: Take a room at the front side.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo

Almost perfect.. that means we will try even harder for your next visit. Thanks for taking the time to review the property. I will share your kind words with the entire staff. We are looking forward to your return to the hotel. Travel safe and come back soon.