“Best Hotel Service!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best Hotel Service!”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I was at the hotel for the Sabres game a few weeks ago. The manager James Burke was extremely amicable and helpful with directions, restaurant recommendations, and offered me a 20% discount card to use at this hotel! Great location, close to the arena, highly recommended for their outstanding service!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Derek C
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Dear Derek C;

Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate your feedback. Our 20% discount program is a great way to save on the cost of your room, parking and our fine dining. I am glad you had a great time while in Buffalo. I know your looking forward to going fishing in the spring and summer. You can walk to the lake from here and the waterfront is beautiful.

Jim Burke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Watertown, New York
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I had a great experience at the Adam's mark. I was visiting for the fishing show. The room was very clean and check in was fast and friendly. I had the opportunity to meet the Manager Mr. Burke this visit and he was very friendly and customer oriented. Adam's Mark is my number one choice for hotel in the buffalo area.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank COD_addict_mw3
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for your kind words. Your feedback means a lot to the entire staff. We all look forward to the fishing show it is a great sign that spring is on its way. We are really excited about next years event as well.

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 February 2013

This was my second stay at the Adam's Mark in Buffalo. Although I was disappointed with the result of the Sabres game, I was once again blown away by the customer service at this establishment. The person that really stood out was James Burke. He just has the personality traits that make you feel like you are talking to a good friend when he is interacting with you. I will be returning again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank EpicSystemsTS
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, 3 March 2013
Dear Epic,

Thanks for you positive comments. I have a good feeling the team is about to break away with a few wins. See you next time your back in town.

Yours in hospitality

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 February 2013

The decor in the lobby and the rooms make you feel you are in the wrong decade or even century. The rooms have a very dated feel to them. Carpets need more cleaning.
The service is average.
I think if they renovated this hotel, it could do better, but that goes without saying.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ManofTastes
San Luis Potosi
Reviewed 18 February 2013

It was a pleasure to find that a hotel that looks 70's-80's from the outside, has such renovated rooms and furniture. The service was excellent, very nice people from the front desk to the waiters, and room cleaners. I guess this quality of service is a Buffalo city trademark and the Adam's Mark hotel is no exception. The one thing I think this place has room to improve, is the restaurant. It's clean and with good service, however the buffet was mostly low-protein, high carb food; you know, lots of bread, deep fried stuff, pasta, but almost no high quality meat options. If you declined the buffet, you could only get a sports-bar type food, which was worse, only pizza, burgers and fries. The salad bar was decent though. I rather pay more for a buffet that includes red meat plates.
The fitness center is very complete, plenty of equipment and machines. Some treadmills were broken but everything else was ok.
The pool could have been warmer.
Another good point for this hotel is that I was there with my family for an annual international karate championship so it was packed however the service remained excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway noise. I got a pretty silent one.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Thank your for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We really enjoyed the competition during the holidays and appreciate your business. We are very excited to have the group back for their next event. I will share your comments with the Director of Food and Beverage and I am certain he will take your feedback into consideration during our quarterly menu reviews. Travel safe and we will see you next time.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

I will start with the service from the start~ made reservation with Jim, he was genuinely attentive, asking amenities I would be needing, making suggestions, truly seemed to care that I would have a remarkable stay which is what they say there and I truly did thanks to Jim and Pam. Upon arrival Pam greeted us with a smile, she had suggestions of attractions to see, she took the time to help us plan our day. This is a very large hotel with beautiful dining area, so for the staff to really care about you as a guest not a $ says a lot. The room was beautiful, clean not a hair or dust bunny to be seen. Room has lg flat screen, mini refridge, microwave all hidden in a cabinet for a classy look. Next time in Buffalo I will be staying there again, for the price and location it's great! Mins from Niagara Falls, casinos, outlet shopping and zoos which we didn't see this trip.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I appreciate your compliments and will share them with the staff. Your Business is truly our pleasure. I am delighted we were able to make your experience special. Next time your in town we would love to have you back.

Lyndhurst, Ohio
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I stayed at the Adams Mark on Jan. 29-30, 2013. I had stayed there in 2011-12 and had an excellent stay. This stay was almost as good. The actual hotel amenities were excellent - the woman at the front desk could not have been nicer. I checked in at about 11:30 PM and was told the hotel bar/restaurant was open and serving until 2 AM. That suited my hungry and thirsty self perfectly, When I checked out the next moning, there was a problem with my room key activating the automatic gate at the parking deck exit. A young woman at the front desk handled that perfectly, and quickly freed me to go home.
There were some hiccups to the stay, however. I was coming over to the hotel after a Buffalo Sabres hockey game. The first man with whom I spoke gave me directions to the hotel which I thought I followed correctly. I ended up on I-190 North to Canada before exiting at the next exit. I called back, and this time a hotel concierge (surprisingly still on duty at 11 PM) had a better knowledge of geography and talked me into the hotel.
The biggest problem had to do with billing. The hotel records had my reservation listed under 'Pay on Own'. When I work for the Buffalo Sabres (the reason for my trip), the Sabres set up my hotel stays on a direct bill. In fairness, I do not know if this mistake belonged to the Sabres or the hotel; regardless, it was frustrating for someone who had driven 3 hours to Buffalo, worked a hockey game for 11 hours, got lost with directions given by a hotel employee, and was quite hungry.
Do not let these last two paragraphs dissuade you from staying at the Buffalo Adams Mark. With the exception of the billing snafu (which may not have been the hotel's fault), NONE of the problems I encountered were the direct fault of anyone or any facility at the hotel. In fact, I called the hotel on Feb. 13th requesting an email duplicate copy of my folio, and a front office executive named Jim handled the request quickly and cheerfully.
I wholeheartedly recommend that anyone staying in downtown Buffalo look into the Adams Mark Hotel for their stay. It is an excellent hotel.

Ed Warren
drfont@aol.com

Room Tip: Call the hotel before your stay to insure your stay is billed to the proper person/organization.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
Ed,

My apologies for the billing error and the directions you received. I know the roads in our city can sometime be confusing as the names are very similar. It was my pleasure to personally assist you with your receipt. I am looking forward to your return. We are all excited about the changes happening with the team and are looking forward to a bright future, but will miss our coach very much.