“Just "ok"”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Region of Waterloo, Canada
“Just "ok"”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Spent one night there with some friends... going to a Sabres game.
Room was decent enough; thermostat was busted but we didn't care as the room was at a good temperature for sleeping.
Front desk staff were polite and friendly. Nice parking garage.
I just think for $150 I could have found something a little nicer.
(This was my first stay in the Buffalo area, so I've got nothing to compare it to).
Breakfast buffet is a bit overpriced in my mind as well.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank newbytraveler
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay at the hotel. We had such high hopes for the Sabers this season and we fell just short of the playoffs. There is always next year. It is a great place for our Canadian fans to enjoy the games with great proximity to the Arena and all the local shopping and outlet malls. Look for our upcoming packages for the summer and for next season there will be some great opportunities to explore Buffalo take in a great sporting event or festival at family friendly pricing.

Jim Burke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, ontario
Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed here last saturday april 13. We were going to a Sabres game. We arrived at noon and was told we could not check in till after 3 as they were full the night before. We pulled our car into the covered parking and parked right by the back entrance to the hotel. This would make it easy to grab our luggage when we got back from the game. There is a bar located right by this back entrance. The bar tender raved about his bloody marys so we tried a few before we left for the game. They were very good. When we arrived back after the game there was a huge lineup for check in as everyone is doing the same thing. We did get rooms at this time. The rooms were fine, better than I thought they were going to be from the reviews. There is quite a bit of road noise from outside. We brought ear plugs as I had read this. The hotel is minutes to walk to Pearl Street Brew pub. Then just jump on street car to the Sabres game. To come home do the reverse. The hotel shuttled us to the Anchor bar for dinner. That was nice. We cabbed it home. Now to the breakfast buffett. Do not, I repeat do not waste your time or money on this. It is so disorganized how they serve you for this it is ridiculous. Plus the food is terrible. The Buffet Supervisor ended up having a full blown argument with our server right at our table. How inappropriate was that. I would not stay here again. Yes it is walking distance to everything. But I doubt a cab ride from some of the other hotels around are that much.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Beachbuoy66
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I have addressed your concerns with our Director of Food and Beverage. I apologize for your experiences and we are in the process of making positive changes in our service level and buffet selections.

Cuba, New York
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I booked a 1 night stay in a King Room after an afternoon Buffalo Sabres game for my husband's birthday. This was the closest hotel to the arena. Stopped in prior to the 3pm game to see if a room was, by chance, ready. We were told they were really busy the night before - no problem. Arrived back to the hotel approx. 6-6:30pm after the game - STILL NO ROOM AVAILABLE!! Seriously?? The staff was very nice and doing the best they could with what they had to work with. After several calls to various housekeeping staff asking if various rooms were cleaned yet (nope), they gave us a room reserved for airline personnel. I was shocked that they did not have a computerized system to mark rooms ready after cleaning. They obviously cannot handle a "full house". The room was decent and fairly clean when we finally got into one. My husband had a severe migrane so we decided to stay in & order room service. After several calls to Room Service with no answer, we left a message to have them call us back to place our order (as their recording stated). You guessed it - no call back. Decided at 9pm, it was not worth trying to find food elsewhere & we were not about to spend any more $ at the hotel. There was extensive noise on our floor from other guests with rooms booked together around us. They had a 'gathering' room across from us & left the door open as they yelled down the halls to each other. Finally called security at 11:30pm & they did take care of it quickly. When checking out, told front desk of all the troubles we had = "I'm sorry. How would you like to pay for parking?" $10 parking being covered surely would not compensate for the inconvenience but the offer would have been nice. I paid the $10 and here I am...... Definitely not worth the $ paid!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hall14727
Dear Valued Guest,

My apologies for your experiences at the hotel. I know this was a very busy time for us and the entire team was making every effort to expedite everyone during the check in process. Unfortunately we had a group with an unexpected late departure causing us to have a back log in our check in process. Our staff made every effort to accommodate everyone and I apologize for your inconvenience. We have adjusted and implemented procedures to prevent this from happening in the future, including late check out fees and informing our groups of our procedures for their late check out requests.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

We were in town for a dance competition. Food was very expensive. After the comp. We ordered a pizza. Good thing we checked it bfore we went to our room. It was burned all around the crust. Theydidnt seem to reallycare if they served it to a customer like that. It was also uncooked in the middle. So after I told them it was unacceptable they cooked us another. The manager never offered a discount or a complimentary one. We had to ask...when we did he stated that we were still getting something to eat. What about customer service? I dont think they are too concerned about repeat customers!! Finally he did give us a complimentary pizza. It was still burned some on the crust!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

My apologies for your experiences with your food during your stay with us. We have retrained the staff on the proper usage of the pizza oven and the right temperature settings for the equipment. I have spoken with the Director of Food and Beverage and he has reviewed your concern with his staff.

Jamestown, New York, United States
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We was up in Buffalo Ny on 4/9/13-4/10/13 and the hotel was not clean at all. The pool was cold and food was not good at all. We was very very upset with this hotel. I would go and stay somewhere that it was not cold and the pool is warm. I was very upset on now it was . STAY SOMEWHERE THAT IS WARM NOT COLD. :(
YOU DO NOT GET BREAKFAST. THE ROOM IS COLD AND THE POOL IS COLD STAY AWAY FROM HERE. I AM TELLING YOU.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Dear Colleen,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay, I have passed your feedback on to our engineering department to check on our pool temperature. Generally it is maintained at about 80 degrees and monitored several times a day by our engineers. I appreciate your feedback and apologize for your experiences. If you wish to discuss it further feel free to contact me directly.

716 845-5100 ext 7077
Washington, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The hotel is beautiful inside. Huge glass windows makes for a beautiful entrance. The bar and restaurant is open and airy. The bartender was friendly and I enjoyed chatting with him and the other guest there. The food was good.
I had asked for a room at the end of the hall on the quiet side as I was coming off an intense work week and needed sleep. I lugged my suitcase and computer case all the way down to the end of the hall and found my room was on the noisy side, right by the highway overpass. I lugged everything back downstairs and was given a room on the other side...right by the elevator. By then, I decided I'd have to use my ear plugs instead. I had just taken off my coat and the fire alarm went off. After 4 knee surgeries and 3 back surgeries, I had to walk down 7 flights of stairs and then around to the front of the building... for a false alarm.
Before I left, I was going to print my boarding passes, but the one very outdated computer that was able to connect to the internet was hooked to a printer that is out of order and the other equally outdated computer wouldn't connect to the internet! I had to ask the woman at the front desk to access my e-mail to print my boarding passes. She did mention that they were planning on getting new computers in the future.
Overall, the hotel is a good one with access to everything downtown Buffalo.

Room Tip: Always ask for the quiet side of the building - away from the highway.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Dear Joni,

I appreciate you taking to time to offer us your feedback about your stay. Our business center computers are about one year but the way technology goes they are being upgraded in the next month I anticipate. My apologies about the fire alarm, I am grateful that this was a false alarm these systems are sensitive for all of our safety. I understand a guest decided to hang their clothes on our fire alarm in their room, I too wish they had not done that.

Thank you for you business and we are looking forward to your return to Buffalo.

Travel safe

Rochester
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I went to the Adam Mark's Hotel for a dance weekend last Sept. 2012. The room was small. They ran out of ice. There wasn't a microwave in your room. I had to call the front desk and they told me that they would get me one. Hours went by and then there wasn't a microwave available. I had reservations at another hotel but changed them because the dance conference was there, so I changed them due to convenience.
Also the food was extremely expensive. All and all it was a very expensive weekend. Will I be back next fall?

Room Tip: If you want anything that you think is in a standard room it isn't.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank mhz0214
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your feedback. We really enjoy our dance competitions when they are in town and appreciate your business. If possible in the future look to book our executive level rooms they all have microwaves and refrigerators in them and are usually the first to book for our dance weekends and for the small up charge are certainly worth it for the convenience. Looking forward to your return.