“Downtown, but isolated”

Adam's Mark Buffalo
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I stayed here for two nights in May 2013 and found some of the criticisms of the hotel to be true. It’s an older property and consequently has a few maintenance issues. When I was there, the door locks were acting up. I had to take two extra trips to the lobby to get that sorted which was annoying for me but when faced with the same issue, some of the drag queen guests who were prepping for a performance that evening were a little more than annoyed. Hard luck for the desk staff, but made for a colourful ten minute wait in the hall for me. So it you’re really ticked by issues like that, stay elsewhere. But I can’t say that I didn’t enjoy myself there – the staff are very nice and the clientele is diverse. The real reason that I wouldn’t stay there again is the location. Yes, it’s right downtown, but that part of downtown is absolutely deserted at night. There are wonderful buildings to ogle but that’s about it. And I don’t think it’s that wise to stroll through deserted streets in a strange city at night so that was a letdown for me.

But to give credit where credit’s due, I got a great rate online for this room, the bed was very comfortable and room service is relatively cheap and of decent quality. And the location is actually very convenient for your car if you have one, close to the freeway on and off ramps.

Room Tip: Wherever your room is, double check to ensure that the door is properly shut - there's issues th...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank DivaDuck

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Me & My husband stayed at this hotel for an Anniversary Party we were attending outside of the hotel. I was recommened this hotel by a friend who stayed here previously. I was very impressed with the hotel and the huge fountain that was in front. Upon arrival I was very surprised to see that there were NO Bell men at all to help with luggages with such a huge property. Check in was smooth and easy and very friendly. The women Stephanie was very helpful with giving us directions to the malls for buying a gift. She also called us a taxi and told us about her favorite stores at the Walden. She knew her "stuff" . Over all this was an okay stay. The one bad thing was the restaurant. Understaffed and not enough food!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Mark-B B, General Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Thank you for your kind comments on the Hotel and your check in experience. I am sorry we did not meet all of your expectations in the restaurant. I will be following up with our Culinary staff to ensure proper staffing levels as well food selection is maintained. Again Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

I stayed here for conference first weekend of May 2013. Bathroom was horrible seemed to not have been cleaned in days. Mouse traps were visible and the suite that my group also purchased had an non working air condition which would have required hours to swap out. For a few more dollars you could have gotten better especially after an eight hour drive to get there.

Room Tip: Double tree
2  Thank quemonk
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Our accomodations were here for a convention while there are some decent features of the hotel the missteps overshadowed anything positive. The food was quite horrible and over priced for what was served much of our meals was left on the plate. While some of the staff goes above and beyond the inconsistencies of bad service were what you left remembering. The rooms were tired looking dirty, while we had a view of the river it was hard to see through the dirty glass, stains on the carpet left you wondering if you should ever have your shoes off. We had no phone, remote control, alarm clock or iron in our bi-level suite. An attempt to deliver our phone at 10:45 was met with 2 very sleepy guests, to then have the housekeeping service knock at 8:30 the next morning insisting on cleaning!! This would never be a choice of mine to stay at, sadly it has a lot to offer if it was managed properly and brought up to standards.

Room Tip: The room with the best view is also the nosiest, make a conscious choice for which is more important
1  Thank Janice I
Mark-B B, General Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

I am deeply sorry for the difficulties you experienced during your recent stay. This is not typical of the level of service and cleanliness we are known to provide. Our Executive management team will be reviewing these issues with our staff to ensure that the proper services are offered to all of our guests.
I would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns further. Please contact the hotel directly if you would like to do so. We certainly do hope to have the opportunity to serve you again should your travels return you to Western New York.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I stayed at the Adams Mark in Buffalo for a conference. From the beginning the Hotel was poorly managed. There were two staff checking in and the line was at least 50-60 people waiting. The airlines eperience including the flight was shorter. When you come into the front door my first vision were dirty glass doors qat the hotel entrance. The room was dirty and old. The furniture was chipped and peeling The bathroom vanity had screws coming out and one day the door fell off. The Cover for the tissues was rusted and would not close properly. I had to dust around the telephone. There was little help with restuarant recommendations. At night there was no staff to assist in the restaurant lounge. There were no amenities for a hotel that boasts service. I walked acouple of blocks and saw that there were other hotels that shoudl have been chosen for the event

Room Tip: none my firends all had problems
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Mark-B B, General Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. We take your comments very seriously and value your feedback as it allows us to review our operations for opportunities to improve guest services. I have addressed your comments with our maintenance and housekeeping staff to ensure future guest do not encounter the same experience. Should you like to discuss your stay further, please feel free to contact me directly at (716) 517-9972.

Sincerely.

Reviewed 13 May 2013 via mobile

Decent location decent hotel. Rooms are good enough not so great. At a regular price I think it was over priced. However i got it via Priceline so it was nice to have it at a rate of 45 per night. Negatives were no parking available and no microwave or refrigerator in room.

• Stayed: May 2013
VisionsBuffalo, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to write a review. Our indoor parking facility is just $10.00 per day and attached directly to the hotel making those days when the weather is not so good a little more pleasant. I would highly recommend for a small upgrade fee asking for the Executive Level rooms that are nicely acquainted with Microwaves, Larger TV's, Iphone docking, and small refrigerators in each room great amenities to have when traveling with family. I am looking forward to you return and appreciate your business.

Yours in Hospitality

Jim Burke

Reviewed 13 May 2013

I came in from Rochester to have brunch Well was I impressed..Not only brunch but a wonderful added surprise a room for makeup and hair and just for MOM The dessert area was outstanding their very own pastry wow I wanted one of everything the chef was there to tell me what all of his hand made items were I loved the carrot cake and the frosting was too die for Keep up the great food and desserts I'll be back very soon Eillen P. Just one hour away/see you all soon

Room Tip: if the room are as good as brunch and great staff they are all good
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Ellen P,

Yes the Brunch was a smashing success we had over 970 reservations for the day and sold out again. I too love the carrot cake as a choice. Thank you for your business and we will see you very soon. Remember to book early next year as we anticipate hitting over 1000 reservations for both Easter and Mothers Day.

Yours in Hospitality