“Misses the mark!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Manhasset, New York
“Misses the mark!”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Sloppy housekeeping and an indifferent front desk staff ruins what could be a great place. The bathroom vent was noisy and filthy. I had 4 major items to correct. I had to beg to have them written down. After the 3rd try they were done. Amenities not replaced 3 of the 5 days we were there. Breakfast buffet items not replaced, but when I asked for some fruit, it was brought to me. The windows in the room were dirty and moldy.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Lee T
Mark-B B, General Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to start by saying we are truly sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. Our team of managers work hard every day to make sure that our guests needs are taken care of and that our team continues to improve for future guests. Your comments will be shared at our next service meeting, to ensure that your future stays or future guest have a better experience. We are surprised to hear about some of your guestroom comments as our facility has recently been renovated with all guestrooms getting new carpet, wall covering, and furniture. But we will look into your specific concerns and rectify them. Please feel assured your next stay with us will be better, as we make strides to improve every day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The hotel staff was very friendly and nice. The rooms were clean but dated. he whole property needs a reno soon. Most of the carpets in the hallway were worn torn and stained. I was kinda of bummed out when I was told there was no hotel shuttle to nearby attractions. The location gives you little choice of entertainment and food unless you rent/have a car. Finally, the spiders........ They were everywhere!!!! I'm no arachnophobe but gimmie a break.! I must admit that pretty much everyplace I walked to downtown had the same issues so I assume it must be a problem but I don't particularly care to have spiders climbing all over me when I outside on a nice evening chatting with friends.

Green Features: They had recycle bins in various locations in the lobby. I'm a fan
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank John C
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to start by saying we are truly sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. Our team of managers work hard every day to make sure that our guests needs are taken care of and that our team continues to improve for future guests. Your comments will be shared at our next service meeting, to ensure that your future stays or future guest have a better experience. We are surprised to hear about some of your issues as we have a very intense inspection process to take care of these issues. But we will look into your specific concerns and rectify them. Please feel assured your next stay with us will be better.
Watertown, New York
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I have been a regular visitor of the Adams mark. In the past, great service outweighs rocky location along the loud 190 highway. Over the past few visits I have noticed a decrease in hospitality of staff. Not as clean. An over all decrease in attitude of staff. I have had enough. Adams mark, please go back to the way you were months ago. For the time being I'll find an alternative hotel in the downtown area.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank COD_addict_mw3
Mark-B B, General Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to start by saying we are truly sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. Our team of managers work hard every day to make sure that our guests needs are taken care of and that our team continues to improve for future guests. Your comments are extremely important to us as a returning customer. All your comments will be shared at our next service meeting, to ensure that your future stays or future guest have a better experience. Please feel assured your next stay with us will be better, as we make strides to improve every day. We would truly like the opportunity to make this situation better and encourage you to reach out to me personally so that we can discuss this. Thank you for your time and feed back in advance.

Sincerely;
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Our association had about 30 rooms reserved. Most everyone I spoke with had nothing but good to say about the hotel and staff. I found everyone to be very friendly and helpful. I was here 5 nights and would go back in a heart beat.

Room Tip: We were on the 9th floor and were quite happy
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank NavyReunion1
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to start by saying thank you very much for noticing all the hard work our staff has been doing to make sure each of our guest have a great experience. This hotel has put substantial investments in our guestrooms and common areas over the past few years. Our rooms have new beds, new carpets and wall covering. Along with our newly themed Restaurant the "Harbor Bar and Bistro" which complements our new menu. Are Military Sales Specialist has been working hard to offer new services that truly help a military reunion have a great experience in our amazing city. With our hotel be located next to the Navel Park, we are a natural fit for military reunions. Please be assured we will share your comments with our full management team and we look forward to taking care of you during your next stay with us.
Naas, Ireland
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night as part of a Niagara Falls tour group. Literally just slept in the hotel didn't get a chance to do anything else. But the room was lovely, nice big size TV and decent size bathroom and big king beds. Hotel lobby is well decorated and clean. From first impression seems like a lovely hotel

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank SeanByrne
Mark-B B, General Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to start by saying thank you very much for noticing all the hard work our staff has been doing to make sure each of our guest have a great experience. This hotel has put substantial investments in our guestrooms and common areas over the past few years. Our rooms have new beds, new carpets and wall covering. Along with our newly themed Restaurant the "Harbor Bar and Bistro" which complements our new menu. Please be assured we will share your comments with our full management team and we look forward to taking care of you during your next stay with us.
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We were on the 3rd floor and our price for this hotel was great and we walked to Pearl Street to a grill and bar which was nice in downtown Buffalo. The staff was nice and the room was clean - we loved our room. However, there need to be an attraction sheet for the area at the front desk other than that the total experience was great for the labor day weekend and it is close the the Falls, which is where we spent the rest of our day at.

Room Tip: Get a floor higher than the 3rd floor for a good view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to start by saying thank you very much for noticing all the hard work our staff has been doing to make sure each of our guest have a great experience. This hotel has put substantial investments in our guestrooms and common areas over the past few years. Our rooms have new beds, new carpets and wall covering. Along with our newly themed Restaurant the "Harbor Bar and Bistro" which complements our new menu. We hoped you enjoyed Niagara Falls which is a quick 25 minute drive away. Please be assured we will share your comments with our full management team and we look forward to taking care of you during your next stay with us.
Toronto
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I went to this hotel for a wedding that's why I stayed there. I had a blocked rooms with the wedding party . When we went the blocked rooms were all on diffrent floor so we were running back and forth between floors and rooms. In our room there was no grabage in the bathroom so we had to use the room one. There was a thick layer of dust everywhere and the carpet looked like it was never cleaned in a while . The lady at the desk was very nice same with the ladys in the resterant in the morning. After the wedding we were a bit hungry went to the hotel resterant for something to eat and saw the prices and just left ended up getting pizza they wanted 13$ for a shrimp cocktail with 3!!!!! Shrimp:s . Nice hotel but very expensive will not be going back 120$ not including tax and parking is way to much for 1 night

• Stayed September 2013