“Good for a short stay”

Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Good for a short stay”
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night on a group tour, so we didn't actually choose the hotel. The rooms are very good in size. The bathroom was ok. I did notice the shower/bath had a bit of mould but it didn't bother me too much. Didnt use the wifi or any food services so I cant comment on the that. The lifts were pretty slow though, so keep that in mind if you are in a hurry. Overall, I would stay here again for a short stay. It is also within a short drive to the falls

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Mark-B B, General Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to start by saying thank you very much for noticing all the hard work our staff has been doing to make sure each of our guest have a great experience. This hotel has put substantial investments in our guestrooms and common areas over the past few years. Our rooms have new beds, new carpets and wall covering. Along with our newly themed Restaurant the "Harbor Bar and Bistro" which complements our new menu. Next time you stay with us, please take some extra time and stop in for a wonderful meal. As for elevators we have four in the main hotel tower and 4 additional ones through out the property. Please be assured we will share your comments with our full management team and we look forward to taking care of you during your next stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Boston
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Wifi is spotty at best, food is WAY overpriced (minimum $15 to deliver room service; who ever heard of such a ridiculous thing), nothing nearby delivers EVER, let alone late at night, cracked plaster/whatever on the walls, filthy windows to the point of barely being able to see out, old Holiday Inn look and feel including the lumpy beds, and the bathroom is from another era. The staff are pleasant, at least upon checkin.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dustyn H
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to start by saying we are truly sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. Our team of managers work hard every day to make sure that our guests needs are taken care of and that our team continues to improve for future guests. Your comments will be shared at our next service meeting, to ensure that your future stays or future guest have a better experience. We are surprised to hear about some of your guestroom comments as our facility has recently been renovated with all guestrooms getting new carpet, wall covering, and furniture. But we will look into your specific concerns and rectify them. We do have a Room service order minimum of $15 and it is very standard in this area. We make sure every guest is well aware of this, by having it printed on all room service menu's. Please feel assured your next stay with us will be better, as we make strides to improve every day.

Travellers are raving about these Buffalo hotels

Albany, New York
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed in a double double-bedroom here for a few nights on business. The lobby and bar area were spacious and well-decorated. It's a nice place to hold an event, as it's within walking distance of eateries and offers shuttle transportation.

The room was comfortable but the temperature controls weren't working. There was no "do not disturb" sign for the door, and the cleaning staff were not consistent with their timing each day; a couple of days, they cleaned at 5, while on another day they cleaned by noon. Nice desk for working & good-sized flat screen tv. The room also had a sofa chair & table and a closet with an iron. Great blackout curtains with a nice view of the fountain in front & cityscape.

The bedspreads had an embroidered pattern, which was a nice change from the typical hotel, but it was pilly and had a little lint & hair stuck in it. The sheets were comfy and clean but worn.

The bathroom was roomy enough with a nice big mirror and shower/tub, but no fan. Mostly clean but there was some kind of pink residue in the tub, presumably a cleaning product.

I wouldn't mind staying here again but there was nothing remarkable about it in particular.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to start by saying thank you very much for noticing all the hard work our staff has been doing to make sure each of our guest have a great experience. This hotel has put substantial investments in our guestrooms and common areas over the past few years. Our rooms have new beds, new carpets and wall covering. Along with our newly themed Restaurant the "Harbor Bar and Bistro" which complements our new menu. Please be assured we will share your comments with our full management team and we look forward to taking care of you during your next stay with us.
Manhasset, New York
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Sloppy housekeeping and an indifferent front desk staff ruins what could be a great place. The bathroom vent was noisy and filthy. I had 4 major items to correct. I had to beg to have them written down. After the 3rd try they were done. Amenities not replaced 3 of the 5 days we were there. Breakfast buffet items not replaced, but when I asked for some fruit, it was brought to me. The windows in the room were dirty and moldy.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Lee T
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to start by saying we are truly sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. Our team of managers work hard every day to make sure that our guests needs are taken care of and that our team continues to improve for future guests. Your comments will be shared at our next service meeting, to ensure that your future stays or future guest have a better experience. We are surprised to hear about some of your guestroom comments as our facility has recently been renovated with all guestrooms getting new carpet, wall covering, and furniture. But we will look into your specific concerns and rectify them. Please feel assured your next stay with us will be better, as we make strides to improve every day.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The hotel staff was very friendly and nice. The rooms were clean but dated. he whole property needs a reno soon. Most of the carpets in the hallway were worn torn and stained. I was kinda of bummed out when I was told there was no hotel shuttle to nearby attractions. The location gives you little choice of entertainment and food unless you rent/have a car. Finally, the spiders........ They were everywhere!!!! I'm no arachnophobe but gimmie a break.! I must admit that pretty much everyplace I walked to downtown had the same issues so I assume it must be a problem but I don't particularly care to have spiders climbing all over me when I outside on a nice evening chatting with friends.

Green Features: They had recycle bins in various locations in the lobby. I'm a fan
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank John C
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to start by saying we are truly sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. Our team of managers work hard every day to make sure that our guests needs are taken care of and that our team continues to improve for future guests. Your comments will be shared at our next service meeting, to ensure that your future stays or future guest have a better experience. We are surprised to hear about some of your issues as we have a very intense inspection process to take care of these issues. But we will look into your specific concerns and rectify them. Please feel assured your next stay with us will be better.
Watertown, New York
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I have been a regular visitor of the Adams mark. In the past, great service outweighs rocky location along the loud 190 highway. Over the past few visits I have noticed a decrease in hospitality of staff. Not as clean. An over all decrease in attitude of staff. I have had enough. Adams mark, please go back to the way you were months ago. For the time being I'll find an alternative hotel in the downtown area.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank COD_addict_mw3
Mark-B B, General Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to start by saying we are truly sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. Our team of managers work hard every day to make sure that our guests needs are taken care of and that our team continues to improve for future guests. Your comments are extremely important to us as a returning customer. All your comments will be shared at our next service meeting, to ensure that your future stays or future guest have a better experience. Please feel assured your next stay with us will be better, as we make strides to improve every day. We would truly like the opportunity to make this situation better and encourage you to reach out to me personally so that we can discuss this. Thank you for your time and feed back in advance.

Sincerely;
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Our association had about 30 rooms reserved. Most everyone I spoke with had nothing but good to say about the hotel and staff. I found everyone to be very friendly and helpful. I was here 5 nights and would go back in a heart beat.

Room Tip: We were on the 9th floor and were quite happy
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank NavyReunion1
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to start by saying thank you very much for noticing all the hard work our staff has been doing to make sure each of our guest have a great experience. This hotel has put substantial investments in our guestrooms and common areas over the past few years. Our rooms have new beds, new carpets and wall covering. Along with our newly themed Restaurant the "Harbor Bar and Bistro" which complements our new menu. Are Military Sales Specialist has been working hard to offer new services that truly help a military reunion have a great experience in our amazing city. With our hotel be located next to the Navel Park, we are a natural fit for military reunions. Please be assured we will share your comments with our full management team and we look forward to taking care of you during your next stay with us.