“This might be one of the worst hotels of my travelling career...”

Adam's Mark Buffalo
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I kept waiting for a sign that said "We apologize for the renovation..." Unfortunately, there was none.
As others have said, the outside of the hotel is FINE.
When I arrived, the young person at the desk literally yelled at me across the lobby asking me for my name. He quickly checked me in... did not tell me about amenities, restaurant, etc. I had to ask the location of the elevators.
There is paint chipping everywhere. Holes and tears in the carpet.
Even though there was not ONE person in the lobby -- I was placed in a room pretty out of the way.
I realize it is Buffalo, and the winter -- but the HALLWAYS in the hotel were cold. I later found out that the bathroom floor was literally FREEZING, and needed to wear socks during the night.
I could not find a room service menu, and just went to bed. I was kept all night by what I thought were train tracks -- in the early morning, I could see that I was put in a room that faced a highway. I am NOT a light sleeper... but this did wake me up a couple of times during the night.

The hot water was warm -- at best, and not enough for a shower.

I went down to breakfast and noticed the quiet of the hotel -- there did not seem to be many guests. I asked the front desk for something, and again I was met with unprofessional behavior.

The breakfast buffet was average -- but the pans with were DIRTY. They also were not user friendly.
This might aptly describe the ENTIRE HOTEL -- not user friendly/client/guest focused.
I am quite surprised that this hotel has passed inspection. The elevators alone seem to be unsafe.
I am imagining that this hotel has seen better days. I am surprised at the Adam's Mark brand for letting it get to this point.

I would NOT stay here again, and NOT recommend this hotel to any colleagues/friends.

Room Tip: Ask NOT to be placed FACING THE HIGHWAY. There was noise ALL night long
2  Thank BusTraveler40
There are newer reviews for Adam's Mark Buffalo

Reviewed 25 March 2014

First stayed at the Adam's Mark Buffalo in March, 2000 for the first ever NCAA Basketball Tournament in Buffalo and returned 14 years later to this newly refurbished property with a wonderful Harbor Restaurant and Lounge, a very nice Executive Wing of rooms, and so much more!

Arrived at the hotel in time for lunch, and my room 952 was clean and ready upon arrival around 12 noon. This room on the hotel's top floor featured a refrigerator, microwave, IPOD clock radio and docking station, a very comfortable bed, chair/ottoman, a convenient bench to place one's luggage, and brand new furniture from a desk to dresser drawers.

Dined at the Harbor Restaurant and Lounge for lunch and had a very nice Apricot Turkey Sandwich with a bowl of fruit. Ashley Robbins, a Catering Sales Mgr., along with Mark Bibb, the General Manager, welcomed me to the hotel during my lunch. Have worked with Ashley at the Radisson Hotel in Corning, NY and Mark at the Crowne Plaza/Sheraton At The Falls in Niagara Falls, NY. Ashley and Mark are outstanding industry professionals.

Amber Walsh and Sue Ann Imiola were outstanding Food and Beverage Supervisors that were there for my breakfasts. Had a $12.95 buffet breakfast which had french toast, scrambled eggs, oatmeal, bacon, sausage, fresh fruit, breads, pastries, and so much more. Everything tasted hot and fresh and servers like Amy, Stephen, and Terrance took great care of my needs throughout my stay.

The hotel is within walking distance of the First Niagara Center, where the NCAA Basketball Tournament was held during my stay. Taking a cab was very easy as many were parked in front of the hotel as well. Hotel is also near the Buffalo Niagara Convention Center, where I saw the Buffalo Autorama 2014 Vintage Car Show.

Was extremely impressed with the attitude of the entire staff here. Pam at the Front Desk was especially notable in terms of her efficiency and warmth, but Stacy (a Front Office Supervisor), was also very helpful as well.

The Adam's Mark Buffalo has to be commended for its handling of the NCAA Tournament, in terms of the teams, fans, and other personnel that stayed there for it. In my opinion, Mark Bibb, is an outstanding General Manager, whose selection of outstanding department heads helps make memorable guest experiences for this guest, like he did for me in Niagara Falls at the Crowne Plaza/Sheraton At The Falls.

Truly had a flawless stay here and can highly suggest anyone looking for a downtown Buffalo hotel of excellent quality to stay at the Adam's Mark Buffalo. Truly enjoyed every moment of my stay here!

Room Tip: 9th Floor is the Hotel's Executive Wing with refrigerators and microwaves.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Arrived late for scheduled one night stay. Facade of hotel nice, great location for our desires. No hastle check-in, $10/day additional for unlimited in and out parking via card key. Good size bar and casual dining area. Not enough people the next day for any info on the city-pamphlets laid out as if you are on your own, no concierge. Carpets on floor ripped in places, one bedspread of two double beds was disgusting with stains. My mattress had collapsed springs. Small bath, yet with tub which is not found everywhere these days. Wouldn't recommend for any prolonged stay where you desire roomy comfort, eg a suite at the same cost a short distance north.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Willisdds
Reviewed 20 March 2014

In town on a business trip and stayed here. Located in the heart of downtown. from the outside, looks nice but once you get inside, its starts to fall apart. is simply a very tired facility. staff is friendly. room was not great. bed was ok. very noisy heating/cooling unit. plus my room faced the highway and the windows did nothing to abate the noise. everything just felt dingy. mirror in bathroom was dirty. had the breakfast buffet in the morning and it was poor. would not stay here again.

2  Thank jon s
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in February 2014 and was appalled at the condition of the room. The faucet was caked in gunk. The coffee maker
was full of sediment and limescale.
The towels were worn and torn
and hard and dingy. My room was cold as the heater did not appear to work. There was dust all over the lamps and I was constantly sneezing. The cover of the toilet did not fit.
The hallways were cold and the store was closed for the duration of my stay.
The service in the restaurant was slow: I waited 55 minutes for a burger which when it came was dry and hard. My server Daniel I think his name was pleasant enough but he had his hands full as he was also answering the phones.
Front desk took 50% off my last night's stay when I complained about
my room. They also invited me to take a cup of the coffee set aside for flight crew. I would not choose this hotel again if I am in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank browneyegal
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Great customer service all around here. The hotel is located downtown and within walking distance to a lot of options. My room was clean and bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was a little small, but plenty of counter space for toiletries. Shower head was dated, but water was hot and pressure was good. Flat screen TV worked well with plenty of channels, and WIFI was Free but intermittent, inconsistent, and quite slow at times. Noise in the hallway was loud at times, but there was a convention going on. Temperature in my room was difficult to achieve. I had to increase the heat temp quite a few times and the room didn't seem to warm up. Food and service in the restaurant were very good. I ordered a salad and it was fresh and served up with a smile.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I recently stayed st Adam's Mark hotel, which i have in the past. This year seemed to be not as good, with being locked out of my room a lot, but the gentlemen at the front desk, I think his name was Ryan, was very helpful. I wish the others were more like him! hopefully they will work out the bugs and we don't have to frequent the desk as much next year!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family