“Not bad, not super.”

Adam's Mark Buffalo
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed over the weekend of March 27-30. When I got to my room, there was no remote for the television.Kind of annoying but no big deal. I called the front desk, and waited about 30 minutes to get my remote. In the meantime, I noticed exposed, uncovered wiring sticking out of the wall. When the maintenance man arrived with my remote, I asked him about it. He said "oh, don't worry, it's not like they're hot" and shoved them behind the television stand. This should probably be dealt with. There was also a quarter-sized hole in the wall next to one of the beds, and the windows were really dirty. I don't think it would be fair to criticize the beds, as they were too squishy for my liking, but for many people I'm sure that's fine. Front desk staff seemed to have difficulty with both check-in and check out, but all of them were extremely pleasant and nice.

The hotel bar is really superb. Good selection, and super friendly staff such as Joe, the bartender. The meeting rooms are nice and well-maintained. The pool is fine, pretty typical hotel pool.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,848)

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Dear Adam's Mark, did anyone tell you that the soundproofing in your hotel is so bad that you can hear everyone's television while strolling down the hallway? Did anyone tell you that although your rooms are a nice size and decorated nicely that it would be nice for the bathroom faucet to work properly? It would be wonderful to be able to turn the handle and it not keep going for a full 360 degrees while the water squirts out sideways. Did anyone tell you that the customer service at the bar is not very friendly or attentive? Continuously using a cell phone is not usually the best way to receive tips. Did anyone tell you that when you're able to buff your entire lobby floors on a Friday night because the hotel is pretty empty that improvements might be needed? Did anyone tell you that having wifi that actually works for more than 5 minutes at a time and moves faster than dial-up would be a great asset? Did anyone tell you that having someone at the front desk at all times to assist guests so that they don't have to walk into the bar and ask where the front desk clerks are and hear the bartender say, "Just yell out and tell them to come to the front" would be a great idea? Did anyone tell you? No? Well, I just did. Sincerely, Not So Happy Guest.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gina B
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We dined in the restaurant hotel with Erica as our server on 03/22/14. She was phenomenal despite the fact that our party was very difficult to work with. It helps that the food was delicious ;). I couldn't find the restaurant specifically so I'm just tagging my review to the hotel.

1  Thank Charlie_kimmel
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I kept waiting for a sign that said "We apologize for the renovation..." Unfortunately, there was none.
As others have said, the outside of the hotel is FINE.
When I arrived, the young person at the desk literally yelled at me across the lobby asking me for my name. He quickly checked me in... did not tell me about amenities, restaurant, etc. I had to ask the location of the elevators.
There is paint chipping everywhere. Holes and tears in the carpet.
Even though there was not ONE person in the lobby -- I was placed in a room pretty out of the way.
I realize it is Buffalo, and the winter -- but the HALLWAYS in the hotel were cold. I later found out that the bathroom floor was literally FREEZING, and needed to wear socks during the night.
I could not find a room service menu, and just went to bed. I was kept all night by what I thought were train tracks -- in the early morning, I could see that I was put in a room that faced a highway. I am NOT a light sleeper... but this did wake me up a couple of times during the night.

The hot water was warm -- at best, and not enough for a shower.

I went down to breakfast and noticed the quiet of the hotel -- there did not seem to be many guests. I asked the front desk for something, and again I was met with unprofessional behavior.

The breakfast buffet was average -- but the pans with were DIRTY. They also were not user friendly.
This might aptly describe the ENTIRE HOTEL -- not user friendly/client/guest focused.
I am quite surprised that this hotel has passed inspection. The elevators alone seem to be unsafe.
I am imagining that this hotel has seen better days. I am surprised at the Adam's Mark brand for letting it get to this point.

I would NOT stay here again, and NOT recommend this hotel to any colleagues/friends.

Room Tip: Ask NOT to be placed FACING THE HIGHWAY. There was noise ALL night long
2  Thank BusTraveler40
Reviewed 25 March 2014

First stayed at the Adam's Mark Buffalo in March, 2000 for the first ever NCAA Basketball Tournament in Buffalo and returned 14 years later to this newly refurbished property with a wonderful Harbor Restaurant and Lounge, a very nice Executive Wing of rooms, and so much more!

Arrived at the hotel in time for lunch, and my room 952 was clean and ready upon arrival around 12 noon. This room on the hotel's top floor featured a refrigerator, microwave, IPOD clock radio and docking station, a very comfortable bed, chair/ottoman, a convenient bench to place one's luggage, and brand new furniture from a desk to dresser drawers.

Dined at the Harbor Restaurant and Lounge for lunch and had a very nice Apricot Turkey Sandwich with a bowl of fruit. Ashley Robbins, a Catering Sales Mgr., along with Mark Bibb, the General Manager, welcomed me to the hotel during my lunch. Have worked with Ashley at the Radisson Hotel in Corning, NY and Mark at the Crowne Plaza/Sheraton At The Falls in Niagara Falls, NY. Ashley and Mark are outstanding industry professionals.

Amber Walsh and Sue Ann Imiola were outstanding Food and Beverage Supervisors that were there for my breakfasts. Had a $12.95 buffet breakfast which had french toast, scrambled eggs, oatmeal, bacon, sausage, fresh fruit, breads, pastries, and so much more. Everything tasted hot and fresh and servers like Amy, Stephen, and Terrance took great care of my needs throughout my stay.

The hotel is within walking distance of the First Niagara Center, where the NCAA Basketball Tournament was held during my stay. Taking a cab was very easy as many were parked in front of the hotel as well. Hotel is also near the Buffalo Niagara Convention Center, where I saw the Buffalo Autorama 2014 Vintage Car Show.

Was extremely impressed with the attitude of the entire staff here. Pam at the Front Desk was especially notable in terms of her efficiency and warmth, but Stacy (a Front Office Supervisor), was also very helpful as well.

The Adam's Mark Buffalo has to be commended for its handling of the NCAA Tournament, in terms of the teams, fans, and other personnel that stayed there for it. In my opinion, Mark Bibb, is an outstanding General Manager, whose selection of outstanding department heads helps make memorable guest experiences for this guest, like he did for me in Niagara Falls at the Crowne Plaza/Sheraton At The Falls.

Truly had a flawless stay here and can highly suggest anyone looking for a downtown Buffalo hotel of excellent quality to stay at the Adam's Mark Buffalo. Truly enjoyed every moment of my stay here!

Room Tip: 9th Floor is the Hotel's Executive Wing with refrigerators and microwaves.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Arrived late for scheduled one night stay. Facade of hotel nice, great location for our desires. No hastle check-in, $10/day additional for unlimited in and out parking via card key. Good size bar and casual dining area. Not enough people the next day for any info on the city-pamphlets laid out as if you are on your own, no concierge. Carpets on floor ripped in places, one bedspread of two double beds was disgusting with stains. My mattress had collapsed springs. Small bath, yet with tub which is not found everywhere these days. Wouldn't recommend for any prolonged stay where you desire roomy comfort, eg a suite at the same cost a short distance north.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Willisdds
Reviewed 20 March 2014

In town on a business trip and stayed here. Located in the heart of downtown. from the outside, looks nice but once you get inside, its starts to fall apart. is simply a very tired facility. staff is friendly. room was not great. bed was ok. very noisy heating/cooling unit. plus my room faced the highway and the windows did nothing to abate the noise. everything just felt dingy. mirror in bathroom was dirty. had the breakfast buffet in the morning and it was poor. would not stay here again.

2  Thank jon s