“Overpriced for an average hotel”

Adam's Mark Buffalo
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel to attend a concert at the Outer Harbour. Paid over 200 US for a two double bed room. Beds were incredibly small, and the fitted sheets didn't even cover the mattresses. Overall cleanliness of the room was ok. Staff at the front desk were very friendly and tried to be helpful. but not very knowledgable of the the immediate area. We asked the desk for directions to the venue, and were given the wrong directions, causing us to be late for our concert. No biggie, but perhaps they should have a concierge who knows the area well, and if not, just say "I don't know". We would not stay again unless the price was 50% less of what we paid.

2  Thank ilove2travel77
There are newer reviews for Adam's Mark Buffalo

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel was ok...obviously in need of renovations but for the price it was I was ok with that. Only complaint was our bed spread...it had stains on it. It was the the first thing we noticed when we walked in the room. I don't care about the hotel looking dated but I do care about cleanliness. I have a hard time believing that housekeeping didn't notice these stains...they were so obvious...3 large stains (of what looked like grease? Who knows...) is unacceptable. We slept well, staff was nice, our room was quiet and the beds were comfortable (we immediately took the bed spread off. The sheets were clean). If it wasn't for the bed spread this hotel would have been excellent but stains on a bed is a major no no! Things like this shouldn't be overlooked..cleanliness should be a priority especially in a hotel. As for renovations (hotel looking dated) I don't care..room was under $100 I wasn't expecting a high end hotel...just a clean one.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank dani c
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My buddy and I decided to travel down to Buffalo and catch a AAA baseball game. We thought we'd try out the Adam's Mark Hotel Buffalo Bison room and tickets package for $139.99. We got this package because of value and close proximity to the stadium. I called a few weeks before to reserve a room and had no problems making the reservation. We booked the room for a Friday night game and upon arrival had no problems checking in. The clerk at the counter was named Ryan and was polite and courteous when checking us in. The check-in was quick and easy and we were given our voucher for redeeming our tickets at the stadium box office. After checking in we parked our car and dropped our bags off and made our way to the stadium that was about a half mile away walking distance.
The room itself was pretty decent and had updated furniture. The room was clean and quiet and was all we needed for crashing. After the game we made our way back to the hotel and ended up going for a couple of beers at The Harbor Bar down in the lobby.The bar was pretty nice, the atmosphere was relaxed and we were able to enjoy a few beers. Overall, the hotel wasn't bad for the price and with the Bisons ticket package included I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Mark-B B, General Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to start by saying thank you very much for noticing all the hard work our staff has been doing to make sure each of our guest have a great experience. This hotel has put substantial investments in our guestrooms and common areas over the past few years. Our rooms have new beds, new carpets and wall covering. Along with our newly themed Restaurant the "Harbor Bar and Bistro" which complements our new menu. Our Bisions Baseball Package is very popular and as you stated a great value. Please be assured we will share your comments with our full management team and we look forward to taking care of you during your next stay with us.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

The hotel is in a prime downtown location. The rooms are adequate, but the late night bar is great. Joe and Jon are great bartenders and take care of their patrons. Go see them after you get done with sightseeing. Also the bar is the only place in buffalo to get Italian buffalo wings. They are amazing

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Hebrewhammer1

Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to start by saying thank you very much for noticing all the hard work our staff has been doing to make sure each of our guest have a great experience. We are glad that you enjoyed our bar and that our bar staff exceeded your expectations. This hotel has put substantial investments in our guestrooms and common areas over the past few years. Our rooms have new beds, new carpets and wall covering. Along with our newly themed Restaurant the "Harbor Bar and Bistro" which complements our new menu. Please be assured we will share your comments with our full management team and we look forward to taking care of you during your next stay with us.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Upon arriving at the Adams Mark Hotel for a long term stay in Buffalo I was greeted at the front desk by Vicki, the Front Desk Manager. Vicki was professional, courteous, and pleasant and made every effort to assist me and make my stay enjoyable. Over the past several weeks I have continued to receive the same outstanding sevice from Vicki. She is a great asset to the hotel and the reason I continue my stay at the Adams Mark in Buffalo.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank michael d

Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to start by saying thank you very much for noticing all the hard work our staff has been doing to make sure each of our guest have a great experience. As a hotel in the heart of the city and near the medical campus, we get alot of long term stay guests. As you know, long term guests can have special needs, and we are happy to provide those special touches to our guests. This hotel has put substantial investments in our guestrooms and common areas over the past few years. Our rooms have new beds, new carpets and wall covering. Along with our newly themed Restaurant the "Harbor Bar and Bistro" which complements our new menu. We thank you for your stay with us this time and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I got this hotel through Hotwire for a one night stay in Buffalo and upon reading the reviews, I became quite scared. In the end, there was nothing to fear. I can't speak to all the other reviews but there seems to be a lot of exaggerated fear mongering. Could the hotel use a little update? Sure. But the location was great, it wasn't hard to get to at all (even though I read a few reviews that contradict that), my GPS sent me right there with no problems. Our room was clean, there was a slight stain on the footstool in the room but I'm still alive. There was ZERO sign of bedbugs; I checked thoroughly. The check in staff were extremely pleasant and very helpful. A lovely quick walk to Pear Street Brewery (also worth a visit) and the harbour front. The biggest issue with this hotel is the Wi-Fi. It was terrible. I can understand if you're there for business and you rely on this service, you would be a little miffed. Other than that, I would stay here again for a one night sojourn.

Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to start by saying we are truly sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. By ranking us as a 3 we feel that we did not reach our goal of exceeding your expectations. We understand that the majority of your comments where positive on the property. Our team of managers work hard every day to make sure that our guests needs are taken care of and that our team continues to improve for future guests. Your comments will be shared at our next service meeting, to ensure that your future stays or future guest have a better experience. We are surprised to hear about some of your guestroom comments as our facility has recently been renovated with all guestrooms getting new carpet, wall covering, and furniture. But we will look into your specific concerns and rectify them. Please feel assured your next stay with us will be better.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The hotel was once a Hilton. Many years ago. We went for Taste of Buffalo weekend. Price was fair based on what competition was charging. Great access to all downtown events. Aside from being old and probably in need of a million dollar renovation, it was a fair stay. Certainly not as nice as Hampton Inn or Embassy Suites and they must work on this location as Marriott is opening two ( one already open) locations downtown. The only real eyesore was pool area. Dirty, peeling paint from ceiling, rust on floor that simply could have been swept up. Also we used pool at 5pm and there were no clean towels and many many used towels on floor . I will say that upon arrival the clerk ( Lanisha) went out of her way to make us feel welcome. She is a pleasant young person and they area lucky to have her on their team.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family