“Nice hotel but a little over-priced”

Adam's Mark Buffalo
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We booked 2 rooms for 3 nights from this hotel the night before on Hotwire. The total was about 200USD per room per night. We could not find any hotel within the area at all as there was a conference going on and most hotels were already booked out.

This hotel has a nice location. It is right off the 190 Niagara Thruway and close to the coach station. This makes it easy for you to come from the airport, by coach or by car. It is also within walking distance from the Canalside which was the venue for a music festival and an art flea market during our stay.

We arrived at the hotel by taxi at noon. The lady at the check-in counter said our room was not ready yet so we went to the hotel bar for a beer. We ended up having our lunch there while waiting for our friends. The food was great and prices were good provided that we were dining at a hotel.

Check-in was smooth and staff were friendly. However, some staff were not very knowledgeable about public transport in the area (we asked about the bus to the Niagara Falls and where the Metro station was) and we had to ask pedestrians to get correct information.

We got assigned rooms on the top floor. Our room was quiet albeit facing the 190 highway. It was pretty well-maintained too. The bed and pillows were clean and comfortable. The bathroom was nice and the amenities were of high quality. Archive Green Tea & Willow soap bars, shampoo, conditioner and body lotion were provided. It was a brand we had never heard of but we were delighted about this new discovery.

Breakfast was not included. We went to the hotel restaurant for breakfast once. Food was ok but we decided that we would have better options outside.

I went to the gym once and I had to say it was one of the worst gyms I had ever been to. Some machines had broken down and all of them were old and showing multiple signs of wear and tear. I seriously think that all the equipment should be replaced as inexperienced users might get injured from using the gym. The sauna room and the pool looked fine.

Another downside was the in-room wifi. Signal was weak most of the time but it did not really bothered us as we were out most of the time. This might affect guests who want to work on their computers in their rooms.

We were very satisfied with the room and the bar and our overall experience was not too bad although we felt that we had overpaid. This hotel has a lot to improve on. Stay somewhere else if possible.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,837)

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I rarely right reviews but needed to write this one so others don't experience the horror.

Thermostat didn't work. TV remote didn't work. Servers and guests in the lobby restaurant falling on their @ss due to wet carpets. Did I forget the bed bug infestation in Room 630? My face and head look like a homemade meatball from all of the bites. WORST experience in my life. Enjoy!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rob M
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Extremely overpriced for not so great quality. I stayed here during the bar exam so I expected price gouging, but honestly I don't think this hotel would've been a good value at even one third the price I paid. Future bar candidates, I strongly suggest booking early and staying at one of the higher rated hotels near the testing site. If you're stuck with this one, well, at least it's a short walk to the convention center and the sleep quality is decent (assuming nobody decides to pull the fire alarm at 3:30am like this year). However, try to find a friend staying at another hotel! The wifi does not work, and you will need internet to upload your exam if you are using a laptop.

The good:
+Short 10 min or so walk to the convention center.
+Reasonably quiet.

The bad:
-Not clean. Comforters were stained; there was weird mold/water damage discoloration going on around the windows; some metal surfaces had rust; found other people's hair on the bathroom floor and in the bathtub.
-No working wifi in the rooms. There is supposedly free wifi, but it was down during the entire duration of my stay. Kind of a problem when you need to upload your exam or review online study materials.
-Poor food options at the hotel. The restaurant downstairs is really overpriced and doesn't taste good. They also seemed perpetually overwhelmed service-wise even though the place wasn't full. While I was waiting at the counter for my to go order (which they forgot to put in despite calling in advance), a lot of other people came up to complain about missing food or lack of service.
-Window overlooked a dirty walkway covered in trash.
-No room service. Not a huge deal, but it would've been helpful when I was really tired.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank daikonite
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stayed at this property last week and felt very safe and comfortable. Kudos to Joshua Garrett. He was very helpful when my agent called prior to my arrival and by chance happened to be the one to check me in. He was extremely delightful and helpful. All other staff encountered were helpful as well. Will definitely return!! M. Graves

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is my second visit to the Adam's Mark Buffalo NY and my experience has always exceeded my expectations. On both occasions, Vicki the Adam's Mark Associate was able to provide a great room. All the staff have been courteous and attentive to my needs with zero issues.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My fiance and i stayed for two nights at the beginning of August, and it was a great hotel for us. Beds and rooms were comfortable and clean. We would have preferred a king bed, but got there late on a holiday weekend, so beggars cant be choosers.
We got a HotRate through Hotwire, and the price we paid seemed more than fair for this hotel.
The pool and fitness area were awesome, lots of machines and a huge pool with outdoor access to lounge if wanted. There were also loungers and cushioned chairs inside, which i rarely see in hotels. The rafters were exposed in the pool area, but that seems common throughout the hotels i've been to. The pool itself was clean and a good temperature, although there were not many towels available.
The small concerns we had were: Housekeeping started very early some days (8am), and the soundproofing wasn't great, we could hear a lot of hallway noise on the Saturday night.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Cheap for Buffalo. Nice staff. Rooms are clean. Felt comfortable and slept well.nice views. Only issue I had was the resuarant didn't have much of a food selection and I hate when I have to pay to park my car at a hotel regardless if its in the city or not.I would return.

• Stayed: August 2014