“Fair to Partly Cloudy” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Minnesota
“Fair to Partly Cloudy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2009

My wife and I recently spent one night here while in town. Certainly not one of the nicer hotels we have stayed at, but overall a decent stay, nice location to the waterfront and in cheap cab ride distance from the Buffalo nightlife. This massive hotel has seen its better days, but might stay here again if we got a reasonable rate.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brads45

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
SC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2009

We stayed here for a national convention. What a disappointment! Many guests had complaints of dirty rooms and rooms that smelled. As I entered our room I noticed a terrible smell. Upon investigation, I realized the carpet arouind the AC unit was wet. I went back downstairs are was promptly given another room across the hall. The smell in this room was not as bad and the carpet did not seem wet. I turned on the AC and realized the next morning that the carpet was completely wet.I reported it to the front desk and was told that they knew there was a problem with the rooms on that floor and that he would have the room deodorize the room and maybe the could lay some towels on the floor to dry up some of the water. Upon return noticed they did try and even left me a bottle of Febreze.If you do stay here stay off the 7th and 8th floors The hotel is old and needs updating . Management seems completely unconcerned. How it ever received the high ratings is a mystery to me. I know in speaking to others who were staying in the lower levels, that they did not have the problems that guest on the upper levels were having.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank FLO90
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2009

I joined my husband on a business trip to Buffalo, and we stayed at the Adam's Mark for three nights. It is an OK hotel, but clearly has seen better days and could use updating. The location is a bit out-of-the-way for a pedestrian, but you can walk to more interesting parts of town in about 15 minutes.

The rooms are a decent size and the facilities are in reasonable condition, but everything seems a little old and faded. It is not the kind of place that has premium linens or super-comfortable beds. I

understand that the Holiday Inn company recently bought the place and it will be undergoing renovations. Hopefully that will make the hotel sharper. As of now, it is not our preferred place to stay in Buffalo.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Hamilton, ON
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2009

I don't have much to say about the Adam's Mark. Nothing really stood out to me during my stay. The hotel was clean, the staff was nice, and the location was right off the Interstate - but still right downtown. The rooms were a little worn, dated and small, but nothing that detracted from my stay. I've had worse, and paid more for it. I was able to walk where I wanted to go and I slept well. Overall, no real complaints from this guest and I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2009

The exceptional responsiveness, compassion and care of the staff and management simplified a difficult situation. We have made reservations for our return trip to Buffalo.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
pverrall, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, 2 July 2009
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff. We look forward to your return visit. Sincerely, Patrice Verrall - Rms Manager
PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2009

The Hyatt was sold out so I ended up at this miserable dump. Upon arrival, the first room I was given had filthy brown-streaked carpet and a nasty odor. I requested a different room. The next room was also a dump but smelled slightly better. I later found dried caked-on feces on the bathroom floor and mold behind the curtains - absolutely disgusting. The fitness center was open on my first night there - lots of old second-rate broken down equipment, but the exercise bike worked. My husband went to use the fitness center on my second night and there was some sort of painting/renovation going on. I asked one staff member if he could still use the equipment - she pretended not to hear me. The next person I asked provided a rude nasty response - "What do you think?!" Parking: You have to go through a gate to get in and out of the parking area - the gate is activated by a key card. My key card never worked and the 'attendant' was never there. This meant being trapped in the parking area with cars honking behind me until someone came to open the gate - fun times. Stay at the Adam's Mark if you enjoy a filthy smelly room and rude incompetent staff.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ctenanthe
pverrall, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, 2 July 2009
Dear Guest,
Certainly the accommodations and service you experienced were absolutely unacceptable. I noticed your date of stay was from April 2009. I am happy to announce that we have a new state of the art exercise room equipped with brand new equipment, four bikes, two cross trainers, five treadmills and other equipment. I am sorry your timing was during this renovation. Please contact me directly to assist in regaining your trust and goodwill.
Patrice Verrall – Rms Manager 716-845-5100 or pverrall@adamsmark.com
new york city
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2009

It’s the hospitality coupled with an array of amenities and located in downtown buffalo which is why i opt to stay at this hotel. The staff makes you feel like family; great bar & restaurant and fitness center.... business class service is a-one; this hotel also has a huge banquet center that always seems to have interesting guests and conventions.

I have seen great improvements and upgrades over the last couple of years.

Clean rooms, friendly and attentive staff.

As a frequent traveler to buffalo; this is where I chose to stay --- they will take care of you!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business