“Do not recommend at all.”

Adam's Mark Buffalo
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hunter, New York
“Do not recommend at all.”
Reviewed 13 August 2009

It first started when we were promised a shuttle bus. Guess what, it doesn't shuttle on the weekends! During the week you fools we are in our meetings, we needed it DURING the weekend.
The people at the counter when checking in, asked for a credit card to keep on file, even though our room was paid for. They put a hold on our debit/credit bank card for over $1100. WTH!!! Even the bank could not believe that amount. Most people do not keep that amount of money in their checking account, so we had $150 worth of overdrafts charged to us. Thank God the bank believed that we were not responsible for the room and gave us back our money. I wonder how many other people this happened to??
The food? OMG slimmy buffalo chicken wings, $6 for a glass of house wine that was terrible, McDonalds type bacon that is precooked and microwaved to heat, eggs that are delivered in a large plastic bag and poured in containers that already have the mixture in it. Do they ever empty, wash, and start over with a clean container?? Coffee that tasted like the grounds were reused over and over. This is just a few of the items, just imagine the rest.
The rooms? A closet that is no wider than 3 feet you have to share with the iron on the wall and the ironing board. Not much room for anything else. The beds WERE VERY COMFORTABLE!!!! I did sleep well the whole time I was there. The view of the river would have been nice if the windows were clean to look out of. The rugs in the room had a strange feel to them in bare feet, make sure you wear socks or slippers at all times. The noise from the road was unbelievably loud. The hallways were filthy with stains. During our stay they decided to clean them and did it stink afterwards.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank supee1117

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 13 August 2009

It's a huge hotel with an indoor parking, pool, sauna, training room. Parking is NOT included so it's an extra $10 or $12. We had no fridge but we didn't ask for one. There is also no free breakfast. It's about a 10 minute walk from the HSBC arena. However there is nothing else to do around the hotel.

It's a okay choice but I personally believe that the rates are a bit too high for what you get in exchange. I would definitely go back if I get a lower rate next time.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank Curt67
Minnesota
Reviewed 8 August 2009

My wife and I recently spent one night here while in town. Certainly not one of the nicer hotels we have stayed at, but overall a decent stay, nice location to the waterfront and in cheap cab ride distance from the Buffalo nightlife. This massive hotel has seen its better days, but might stay here again if we got a reasonable rate.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brads45
SC
Reviewed 6 August 2009

We stayed here for a national convention. What a disappointment! Many guests had complaints of dirty rooms and rooms that smelled. As I entered our room I noticed a terrible smell. Upon investigation, I realized the carpet arouind the AC unit was wet. I went back downstairs are was promptly given another room across the hall. The smell in this room was not as bad and the carpet did not seem wet. I turned on the AC and realized the next morning that the carpet was completely wet.I reported it to the front desk and was told that they knew there was a problem with the rooms on that floor and that he would have the room deodorize the room and maybe the could lay some towels on the floor to dry up some of the water. Upon return noticed they did try and even left me a bottle of Febreze.If you do stay here stay off the 7th and 8th floors The hotel is old and needs updating . Management seems completely unconcerned. How it ever received the high ratings is a mystery to me. I know in speaking to others who were staying in the lower levels, that they did not have the problems that guest on the upper levels were having.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank FLO90
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 July 2009

I joined my husband on a business trip to Buffalo, and we stayed at the Adam's Mark for three nights. It is an OK hotel, but clearly has seen better days and could use updating. The location is a bit out-of-the-way for a pedestrian, but you can walk to more interesting parts of town in about 15 minutes.

The rooms are a decent size and the facilities are in reasonable condition, but everything seems a little old and faded. It is not the kind of place that has premium linens or super-comfortable beds. I

understand that the Holiday Inn company recently bought the place and it will be undergoing renovations. Hopefully that will make the hotel sharper. As of now, it is not our preferred place to stay in Buffalo.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Hamilton, ON
Reviewed 15 July 2009

I don't have much to say about the Adam's Mark. Nothing really stood out to me during my stay. The hotel was clean, the staff was nice, and the location was right off the Interstate - but still right downtown. The rooms were a little worn, dated and small, but nothing that detracted from my stay. I've had worse, and paid more for it. I was able to walk where I wanted to go and I slept well. Overall, no real complaints from this guest and I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
NY
Reviewed 1 July 2009

The exceptional responsiveness, compassion and care of the staff and management simplified a difficult situation. We have made reservations for our return trip to Buffalo.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
pverrall, Manager at Adam's Mark Buffalo, responded to this review, 2 July 2009
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff. We look forward to your return visit. Sincerely, Patrice Verrall - Rms Manager