“So-So”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Englewood, New Jersey
“So-So”
Reviewed 3 August 2010

Stayed at the Adams Mark Hotel in Buffalo. Booked through Priceline. Hotel is located very close to Peace Bridge. Arrived fairly late - almost 12 midnight and there were several tourist buses lined up, unloading passengers. I guess this hotel is popular with tour groups and is their choice hotel in the area. Check in was not a hassle though - they were quickly checked in, reception had their door keys and paperwork bundled up. The bar/restaurant was still open at that time which is good for late check-ins. The room was sparsely decorated - very dated and the carpet was worn. Corridors were also stark and somewhat depressing with dim lighting. Overall it was a decent hotel which served our purposes. We just needed to stay at a hotel for the night before proceeding on to Canada the next day. My husband liked the gym and said that it was fairly big and the pool he said was also a decent size. Breakfast buffet is reasonably priced although service was a bit slow. Had to get the servers' attention many times to get coffee and juice. We wanted to order a la carte but decided to go with the buffet for fear that we will get delayed. If you are looking for a good quality resort-like hotel, this is not the place for you. It wasn't a bad experience - it was just alright.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank joanne112564

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
OnondagaHill
Reviewed 31 July 2010

Stayed here for one night. The hotel is impressive looking with grand fountains in the front of hotel. Impressive lobby. It is a 9-story hotel. I cannot express enough how disgusting the carpeting was in our room (on 8th floor). It looked like it had bleach stains all over it from trying to get stains out. It was so old and dirty looking, probably the worst I have ever seen and I travel ALOT! This carpeting totally ruined everything. Even the carpeting in the hallways is tired and stained. The room itself was nice, not huge. The bedding was beautiful and plush and mattress very comfortable. The A/C worked well but not in the bathroom, and therefore it was hot in the bathroom! I could not see any air being pumped into the bathroom. The tile was beautiful in the bathroom. The water went down very slow in the shower. The sink area was nice with plenty of towels. There are 2 computers in lobby (always being used). I paid $10 for outdoor parking, which is ridiulous. You are in downtown Buffalo and not in the best neighborhood so I wouldn't keep anything of value in your car.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
None
Reviewed 29 July 2010

Stayed on July 4 weekend for 2 nights. Hotel is old. Got a room with 2 double beds. Beds were not comfortable. Room was clean in general. The room we got had bed bugs and hotel provided us another room. I would have given 2-3 stars even with bed bug but I am deducting those point for 1 main reason which is:
First night we reached hotel late and just went to bed. Second night we saw bed bugs on our mattress around 1am in the morning. We went to lobby and they gave us another room when we said we will move our luggage from the original room in morning as we are tired and want to sleep. They said no because hotel is completely booked and they need room. Which doesn't make any sense as the room is bug infected and should be cleaned by exterminator first.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
8 Thank GChawla
Wilbraham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 July 2010

I read the reviews before we came, so I knew pretty much what to expect. We were at Niagara Falls until after Friday night fireworks, so didn't get checked in until well after 10pm. Parked in the garage. Front desk was busy and had to wait for check-in. Got a room on the 7th floor. Room decor was dated - but all we really needed was a clean bed and shower so that was fine (but not 3 star standards). In the morning woke up later, around 9:30 and went to take showers. They were COLD. I called down to the desk and they asked if we had run it for a while (yes we had) and she said they could send someone up. We were in a hurry so we just went ahead and hoped that it got warmer. It really didn't. After the shower, called down to let them know that it didn't get better and to send someone up to look at it for the next guests. I was transferred to a manager and he heard the complaint and asked if we were staying another night (we were not) and then said he would adjust our bill. Not sure what he can do however, since we booked via hotwire. (maybe he'll take off the parking????). Not a big deal, since I wasn't complaining about it to get $ off - just to let them know so the next person didn't have a cold shower.
We paid $69 ($84 with fees/taxes) via Priceline. Didn't feel it was up to this level. Probably would have felt better paying $50 for the quality/cold shower/etc.

Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank gouldmanj
florida
Reviewed 15 July 2010

HORRIBLE!!! Room was on the 9th floor but it sounded like we were sleeping under a really busy overpass. We had NO SLEEP! We paid for 2 nights but checked out after the first, we had to go to another hotel just to get some sleep. Room was DIRTY, OUTDATED, WATERMARKS ON CEILING, TOILET DIDN'T FLUSH CORRECTLY,while showering LOST TOTAL WATER PRESSURE, CARPETS FILTHY, LOUD and it is NOT a 3 STAR hotel. NEVER will stay at an ADAMS MARK AGAIN! Worst hotel experience ever.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank isismommy
North Carolina
Reviewed 12 July 2010

I was concerned after reading prior reviews, but so far, so good for me here. I checked in yesterday for a week long stay and attending a convention here. Steven, at the front desk was very friendly and accommodating when I TWICE decided to change rooms (not due to any hotel problem) when I first checked in. Rooms are average in size, bathrooms are small, but not not bad. I slept like a log the first night. No group of kids here. It was easy to get here from airport. Asked for and rec'd extra hangers from housekeeping staff immediately upon request. Hotel is very easy to get to from airport and is just off interstate. I did request a room not facing the interstate. Convention meeting facilities that are set up so far look great. No complaints there. Their front circular entrance is great in that it allows many cars and even a few busses adequate room. There''s free high speed internet access in the rooms. The showerheads in teh bathroom are high enough for me (I'm 5;8"), and the water pressure is normal - not any of the low flow misty stuff. Yes, the hotel has some age on it and the rooms could use an upgrade, but it's fine so far. Parking for members of our group is $6.25 per day and I've parked in the lot rather than the parking garage simply because I wanted to. Restaurant has both hot and cold buffets available for breakfast. Did the hot and cold breakfast buffet this morning. Can't afford to do that everyday at $14.08 (including tax), but there was lots of stuff to choose from, including an omelet bar. So, all in all, I'm satisfied so far.

I will update if there is any reason to, especially if we run into any problems.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Syracuse, Ny
Reviewed 10 July 2010

My family and I stayed here 1 night. The lobby and reception area of the hotel were quite impressive so we thought we had gotten a great deal from Hotwire. AFTER I checked in I was warned that my vehicle was not safe in the parking lot due to recent break ins. They had the nerve to charge me an additional $10 parking fee and then I find out there isn't security after dark. It is NOT in a very good neighborhood. The worst part is the fact that this hotel has become a local party location for teens and they yelled and screamed and cursed until after 2 am. Our room was on the 6th floor and even though our windows were closed the noise came up from the 3rd floor pool/patio area as clear as a bell. The managment was dismissive about the whole thing the next morning even though several guests were complaining. The hallway carpets are very stained and musty smelling. Our room was ok, but definately NOT a 3 star hotel. It was a 1 1/2 - 2 star at best. The only possitive I have is that the beds were comfortable. Too bad we weren't able to sleep though because of the noise.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family