“Great Hyatt stay”

Hyatt Regency Buffalo
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is a very nice Hyatt. Certainly the nicest major flag hotel in Buffalo. It is recently renovated, the rooms are splendid and the staff is extremely attentive. And they serve room service until midnight.

• Stayed: May 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (2,022)

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Our organization has returned to the Hyatt Regency Buffalo three times for weeklong meetings. From the minute you arrive until the moment you depart, the staff is kind, courteous, caring and helpful. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else in Buffalo. Great facility as well.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I found myself in Buffalo on a business trip and the best part of my journey was certainly the hotel experience. The hotel is located in a convenient stretch of the downtown area that is convenient to most everything you'll need. For overnight parking, I chose to park at the lot across the street simply because I didn't require valet and they allowed me to use a credit card. Upon check in, I was given a standard king room that was clean and quiet. The staff was extremely helpful and courteous throughout my stay even as I presented them with multiple questions on a few trips to the front desk. The area can get quite desolate at night but there are a few pubs/restaurants within walking distance if you choose to get out. The hotel also has a nice little lounge/seating area near the bar that allows for relaxed conversations with a view of a television for sports.

All in all, there is nothing that this property could've done better during my stay and for the $135 a night I paid, it was great value.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Although we'd been to restaurants and a theater in downtown Buffalo in the past, this was our first stay at a hotel there. The Hyatt Regency was a great choice. It's centrally and within located within close walking distance of many good restaurants, theaters and Coca Cola Field (Buffalo Bisons baseball stadium).

The valet parking staff were very polite, attentive and courteous. When we were leaving the hotel to walk for dinner, it started to rain heavily, so we decided to take a taxi, but at that moment, there were none nearby. When one of the valet staff noticed this, he asked another attendant to watch the desk, got a set of keys for a shuttle bus and drove us right up to our restaurant. Now that's service!!!

Check-in was quick and pleasant. Our room on the tenth floor was very nice, clean, included a refrigerator and a very comfortable king size bed. It was quiet the whole time during our stay. For some strange reason there was no hair dryer in our room, but when we called the front desk to inform them about that, they offered to remedy it right away. After attending a show at Shea's Theater, we went back to the Hyatt Regency and had a drink at the bar, where the service was also very good. Checkout and valet the next morning were also very quick and simple.

Our overall experience was very good, with nothing negative to say whatsoever. We won't hesitate to stay at the Hyatt Regency on a return trip to downtown Buffalo!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Great service at check in and throughout my stay. Enjoyed the fitness facility, and the restaurant area. They were undergoing some construction and still managed to be a very clean and pleasant stay at the Hyatt Regency.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here on a Saturday night to go to a show at Shea's. Everything appeared to have been updated except the doors. Anything going on in the hallway sounds like it's in your room. This can really become a problem because they apparently rent rooms for all-night parties. We knew we were in trouble when we saw a room across the hall from us with the door propped open, balloons on the door and cases of beer, drink mixers and party supplies. We called the front desk to complain when we were awoken around midnight but things just got louder.

If you must stay here avoid EB Greens. It is an overpriced tourist trap.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dhlogan
Jennifer M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online survey. I would like to apologize for the issues you had during your recent stay. Our hotel does not allow any parties in any of our rooms including our suites. It is unacceptable that security was not sent up to control the situation. I will be sure to look into this further to make sure the necessary actions are taking place when a guest calls with this type of complaint. We do not condone any of this type of behavior in our hotel. We want to ensure that every guest has a pleasant stay with us. Again, I am truly sorry for the experience you had with us. We hope that you understand that this is an isolated incident and that you choose Hyatt again in the future.

Jennifer Monge
Executive Assistant to the GM

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I was very impressed with the attitude of all the employees-- and that is not something that happens by accident. I commend the management for their professional. for example, as I was leaving I was asked twice if I needed directions to anywhere. The hotel is real clean and the location in Buffalo is great.
A few things I noticed. In my room there. 1. There was no packet of information that shows the hotel services 2. My remote control for the TV was not working and 3. there was a chair but no couch in the room. I love to spread out some and was not comfortable in the chair. If I were spending more than a day, I woul dhave to stay at another location. If there were two people staying in the room it would feel very uncomfortable.
This really is the most polite hotel I have stayed at. The staff was excellent so next time going to Buffalo I would feel torn not staying there but I really do need a more comfortable sitting situation.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business