“Great service, decent room”

Hyatt Regency Buffalo
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
Toronto, Canada
“Great service, decent room”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

The Hyatt gave us wonderful customer service. They didn't have our discount voucher on file as the reservation rep assured me, but they let us settle in our room and we got a call about 10 minutes later from the manager to confirm all was taken care of. I was confident that any issue we had would be addressed quickly and to our satisfaction.
The room was less than stellar with a sticky substance on a towel and a small tear in the duvet, but we had enough other towels and the bed was still comfortable and warm.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jennifer M, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Buffalo, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online survey of our hotel. I do apologize for the confusion with your reservation but I am pleased that we just checked you in and then took care of the situation. I do apologize for the housekeeping issues that you experienced. This is not the Hyatt Standard and I have contacted our Housekeeping Manager so that she can address this with the staff member that was responsible for your room. We will make sure that your next stay is top notch. Please feel free to email me and I will make sure that this happens. We really appreciate your valuable feedback and it is through your comments that we are able to improve.

Jennifer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kangaroo Valley, Australia
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We used this hotel as our base whilst visiting Niagara Falls. Wonderful stay great pool great gym and loved the breakfast buffet. Friendly staff - big thanks to Rachel our waitress she was so helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you had an exceptional stay with us. I am glad that you were able to use some of the facilities during your stay. Rachel in our Restaurant is a great asset to our hotel. She goes above and beyond in her position. We are a short drive to Niagara Falls and I hope that you enjoyed your experience there. We look forward to your next stay with us.

ontario
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Just returned today from staying at the Hyatt. It was really nice. The rooms are nicely done and the beds are very comfortable. We had tickets to an event at the Niagra centre. There's a free trolly ride that takes you down. The desk staff gave us full directions and restaurant recommendations.

We parked across the street for about $10 a day.

There's a Starbucks in the lobby.
There's also a nice little restaurant where we had a great breakfast. Not too pricey.

I admired the fact that there were signs in the hallway asking guest to respect noise levels.

The only downside here was I awoke to the sounds of construction at 7am. The hotel is surrounded by blocked roads and machinery at the moment.

I tend to be a little fussy when selecting hotels. I'd stay here again if need be.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 2ayearOntario
Jennifer M, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Buffalo, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give the Hyatt Regency Buffalo a review. We really appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Your feedback is very valuable to us and helps us to improve where needed.

I am pleased to hear that you had an excellent stay with us. We are centrally located downtown with a short walk or metro rail ride to many area events. We do offer several parking options and our valet service offers in/out privileges for all of our guests. Our concierges are always ready and willing to assist our guests with any questions that they may have during their stay.
We do have a noise policy so that every guest has an enjoyable stay with us.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My family stayed 2 nights at the Hyatt Regency Buffalo. It is a very decent business-oriented hotel. The rooms have been recently renovated with new furniture, flat screen TV, accent wallpaper, bathroom tiles and granite counter. Overall, the rooms were comfortable and pleasant. My pet peeve in the room and this is a little nip picking is the hotel left some original unchanged. For example, the phones are still the Teledex phones from 1998, the doors are painted brown on the outside but either white or wood-panel on the inside, worn brass knots, light switch or old wallpaper. It appears they did a 95% renovation in the rooms.

The hotel did have an excellent level of service. Starting from the moment you arrive, there is valet parking and bell hop. Then the front desk can offer you razer, comb, slippers, and tooth brush. Those are above and beyond the normal bathroom accessories. Very nice touch.

There is a small swimming pool on the 11th floor. The pool is inside a glass enclosed area that overlooks the city and can see as far as the lake.

We tried the breakfast at the Atrium Cove. The buffet was typical of American buffet breakfast.

Overall it was a decent stay and is probably one of the best hotels in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for completing an online review for the Hyatt Regency Buffalo. We really appreciate all feedback that we receive from our guests. It is very important to us as well as other guests that are looking to visit the area. All the feedback that we receive we review carefully and will make any necessary improvements where we may need them and share all the comments with our staff.

Although the pool is not overly large, the view of the city from that area is amazing. I am pleased that you had an exceptional stay with us and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Here is a hotel that works very hard to compensate for the fact that are not the newest or freshest hotel in town. The are not old enough to be a classic so they have improved and managed to get as much out of a dated facility and provide you with a "Fresh and Comfortable Atmosphere".

Example : Front of the hotel is very limited when you pull up to check in - They offer excellent Valet parking service - $ 23.00 per day but it was worth it.

Front Desk : Charming and warm greeting - efficient check in and check out - No issues with reservation or unexpected charges.

Rooms: Adequate size - Quite - efficient AC - Bathroom was small - door seemed to be in the way wherever you stood. Towels - plentiful and soft Bed Comfortable. Special lamps with receptacles to enable you to plug in numerous chargers.

Rates were quite competitive - but they don't offer free wi-fi - Okay I carry a mobile hot spot -
I wouldn't be happy to spend $ 10.00 to connect per day. My room 743 lacked a view, not a real issue in that part of town.

Location: It seemed quite convenient to enable me to get around - no traffic late on Friday - Saturday and Sunday.

Summary: Front Desk - A+ Staff A+ Doormen A+ Room B+ Location A

I'd stay there again if I had another reason to be in Buffalo -

Room Tip: Halls were long - you might want to be closer to the elevator. Ice machine is very noisy - stay aw...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Herm B
NJ
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I always stay at the Hyatt whenever I am in town for business since the office is located downtown within walking distance. Since it renovated a few years ago, the hotel is very nice and modern. Staff is always friendly and each time, they make my stay a good experience. Rooms are decent in size and clean. The only draw back is the surrounding area, especially south of the hotel which can be seedy due to the depressed downtown area. If you venture 2 blocks north, there are more bars, coffee shops and restaurant venues .... although the hotel restaurant and adjacent EB Green's are very good as well.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from ice/vending machine and elevators.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
United States
Reviewed 28 June 2014

After reading other reviews about noise, I asked for a room on a higher floor. Though I could hear neighbors coming and going, overall the room was quiet. The Hyatt also makes an effort to maintain quiet by posting reminders near the elevators. My room was very comfortable, too.

Every staff member was helpful and friendly. They were accommodating when I needed to check out a little late (less than an hour). I had a couple of hours between check out and my flight, and it was fine to stow luggage while I walked around the city.

If you're staying here and looking for food close by, try Chippewa Street, which is just a few blocks away.

Room Tip: As others have mentioned, select a higher floor if you have concerns about noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business