“great room great service”

Hyatt Regency Buffalo
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed 30 August 2014

I went there for a conference, the room was wide, the bed was huge, there was a great view from our room. there was a big wide table so I could work.
The service of the staff was great, they were so nice!
we had discount in the restaurant and it was really worth it!
The location of the hotel was great for the conference, but it is not such a nice place in the city, 2 blocks away and the streets are nicer..

Reviewed 27 August 2014

This hotel was so conveniently settled just over the fort erie border and when i arrived i received choices for parking. Obviously i used them for the ease of it all. They came to me as soon as i arrived and opened my car door. Then i was greeted nicely when i walked into the hotel. The hotel had already set me up as a gold member and i had already checked in on line. I was in and up to my room within minutes. The people there were so nice in all areas, front desk, outside valet, snack store, bar area, and restaurant. It was like they knew who i was and when they say me through out my stay, they actually recognized me and made a point of saying hi. What a great hotel. Wish i had more time to use their wonderful facilities...next time for sure....

2  Thank hudsonlegacy
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Ok, so as I always say. I live in a 5 star hotel condo in Toronto, and thus have big exceptions when I travel. So why give they Hyatt 5 starts, simple, the cost vs what you get is unreal. So is it a Four Seasons or Ritz not even close. But for what I got ... its was amazing value.

So the good, I got a Executive King, nice corner room, good size. I had the Amore Package, and well what value. My parking was included, since i have valet parking at home its a good thing. I also got breakfast, it was OK, nothing amazing but nothing bad either. Now dinner was unreal, did not see that for Buffalo. The hotel restaurant for dinner is worth driving to Buffalo to go to. Its not cheep but much cheaper then that stuff would be in Toronto.

The bad ok the valets have Hawaii shirts on, really. Sound, you will hear everything in the hallway, and when someone flushes or has a shower you will know as well. Tracks are right outside the window, so you hear that was well.

If however you are looking for good value in a clean nice hotel, this is the place. Its not a 5* but you are not paying for it either. So I paid 200 with tax for the package, Sunday to Monday. For what I got ... very nice place.

So as bad as I am with other reviews, for the price and value you get you cant go wrong.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We were caught off guard when we found out there was no free parking. When searching for hotels in the area, all were very high priced, so I chose a nicer place for a similar rate. If I had known I had to pay high parking fees, I would have stayed at a lesser place. Wish the 2-bed rooms had queens. Trying to sleep in a double is not satisfactory. The hotel and room was nice, but the parking generated the low rating for me.

Room Tip: Join their passport club to get the free wifi, or be prepared to pay more money.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This is a nice overall hotel. The service was excellent, the room was spacious, clean, and nice, and the facilities were better than an average hotel. This being said, this is also a typical high-end hotel where you will pay 200+ dollars for name and service. Breakfast, if you want things like eggs and bacon, will cost you upwards of 16 dollars. A coke in the hallway wil cost you 2.50. My biggest reason for giving this hotel a 3/5, however, is a security concern. Whether you use the valet or park yourself, for whatever reason this hotel and convention center utilizes street and open lot parking. We parked less than a block from the front door of the Hyatt and had our rental car broken into. I would just expect a hotel and convention center of this caliber to have a secure garage, especially given the downtown vicinity of the hotel.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Their beds were extremely comfortable! Defiantly the best bed I've ever slept in! Service was wonderful, we called asking where good restaurants were to eat and they were very helpful. One down fall no hot tub and the pool was very small and dirty with WAY to many chemicals but has an amazing few from the 10 floor I believe it was !!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Buffalo this past weekend. When you walk in the lobby itself is absolutely beautiful. The check in staff and valet are very kind. However, two things bothered me about this hotel. #1- The Parking. You have to pay $15 for overnight/24 hour parking across the street in an open parking lot for the public. #2 - The Towels. I got out of the shower and unfolded a "clean" towel to use the had light brown, crusty stains all over it. Gross! I threw the towel on the ground and expected the next which appeared to be clean. I felt so gross. The shower head had rust all over it, I couldn't wait to get home to shower again. This hotel was hit and miss. It appears to be great, but I pay close attention to the tiny details when it comes to a hotel room such as dirt in the corners of the door ways, white comforters with a tint of grey, pink stains on the carpet and peeling wallpaper were just a few more things I noticed. I plan on visiting Buffalo again, and even though the location is great for getting to bars, restaurants, and the mall...I will not be staying at Hyatt Regency again until they can do simple things like provide CLEAN towels to their guests. Shop around guys and do not let the great price fool you.

• Stayed: August 2014