Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo
US$158
US$134
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Foundry Suites Hotel(Buffalo)(Great Value!)
US$148
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
All reviewscomfort suitestgi fridaysfrench doorstgif restaurantdowntown buffalofront deskfree breakfastdvd playerparking garagemain stseparate bedroomtwo blocksliving areayogurtthe theater districtfree trolleysame building
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My partner and I stayed here on our way up to Ottawa from New York City on16/09/13. It was a pleaseant suprise to get such spacious room, at the time we really enjoyed our stay. We would have easily given an excellent rating until this week, after being back in England for a month, when I found that the Hotel has taken over $200 from my credit card account after telling me when we checked out that we had no additional payments or outstanding bill to pay. The hotel was booked and paid for way back in April this year. Getting hold of anyone is proving extremely difficult. This have left us very dishartened after what was a holiday of a life time.

2  Thank chickiy
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Thank you for the nice comments about a lovely room. However, I am hoping you can reach out to me if your credit card charge has not been resolved. Hopefully it was just an additional authorization hold that was held until checkout for incidentals. I can be reached at 716-854-5500. Ask for the general manager.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Great value hotel in centre of Buffalo, suite style, huge rooms with kitchenette, good staff, Parking free on weekend but a two block walk away. Complementary breakfast, can get busy, but server staff do there utmost to keep up.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here as a "getaway" evening - This hotel is right downtown Buffalo and many restaurants are within walking distance. The check in staff were very friendly and room was large and clean. The breakfast the next morning had many selections. We have stayed here before and have always had a pleasant time.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for the nice comments and hope you return.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

This hotel is smack in Buffalo's city and parking is a couple of blocks away....at least I didn't pay for parking but that could be because I am a Choice Hotels member. Not sure. The check-in was smooth and the room was gigantic. Awesome! Friday's is right downstairs so you don't have to leave the hotel to have a bite to eat. Breakfast was great...fabulous selection. Fresh waffles made..there is someone there to show you how to do it. I was a little confused at first. :)

Ok, so a couple of negatives...the rooms are suites...that means someone is probably going to be sleeping on the pullout couch. Well, unless you have brought some serious cushion like an egg crate you will be extremely uncomfortable sleeping in that "bed". My 17yr old son slept on it and can sleep on the floor and almost did. He said it was like sleeping on springs. Not good. I called the front desk and they sent up extra blankets and a fluffily bed cover. It helped a tiny bit but not much. Also, the tub is very very high which for most is not an issue but it might be for some.

So, there you go.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Orangutanlover

Thank you for the detailed room. Glad your stay was overall a pleasant one. Sorry that the pullout couch was not the most comfortable and hope the size of the room and the other amenities made up for it. The positve is that all rooms are large king suites with privacy between bedroom and livingroom but the slight downside is that someone does need to sleep in a pullout. Even though the couches are just 4 years old and they are not used that much I will look into whether some need to be replaced. Thanks for the feedback Hope we see you again!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

When we arrived Jessica at the front desk was very courteous, offering us a bottle of water and diretions from the hotel to First Niagara arena. After check in we found the suite to be perfect to allow us and the other couple we were with to take a few minutes for everyone to get ready for our night out and still have a place to relax.
Overall, great service, clean room and plenty of space! It was exactly what we were looking for.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I have made a point of recognizing Jessica who is a fairly new but wonderful staff member.