“Sabres game”

Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
Barrie
“Sabres game”
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Went from Friday to Sunday and took in the Sabres/Leafs game. Right on the free trolley line to the First Niagara Center. Rooms very spacious and location central to everything. Ate at Pearl street which was three trolley stops away. Staff was helpful and parking not far from Hotel. Great place to stay. Would definitely return.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Metboy
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Glad you liked the hotel. We are indeed in a great location and the free trolley train right outside our hotel is a great plus! You were also at a GREAT game! Go Sabres!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Montreal, Quebec
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Good location in downtown Buffalo. The rooms were really nice and spacious. I really liked the layout with 2 doors to the washroom, 2 TVs, a desk and a pull-out sofa. It would be great for a family traveling to Buffalo. The breakfast definitely hit the spot.The front door staff were alright. Not the most happy people in the world, but they were very helpful during my stay. The shuttle to and from the airport was a big plus. I would definitely stay there again

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. Hope we see you again!
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Just wanted to convey my experience making a reservation at the Comfort Suites in downtown Buffalo, NY. The agent I dealt with was Michelle. She gave me a great deal on a room and was very patient, kind, curious, and knowledgeable about all Comfort Suites had to offer. Wish more experiences were like this one! Thanks Michelle!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for the nice comments, especialy about Michele. We are lucky to have her.
Meadville, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Suites to attend a concert at First Niagara. After reading the reviews I have to admit there was some hesitancy. What was concerning was how people described the area around the hotel. Once we arrived and surveyed the area its a typical downtown hotel. Comments made here about the parking need to taken with a grain of salt. We felt perfectly fine and as a LGBT Couple there always a general safety concern. However, my husband were very happy with the area. If you intend not to pull in and out of the garage on a weekend. It is best just to park in the garage and pay for the cost yourself. That is much less expensive than paying the hotel. We did find restaurants in the area however we decided to go to TGI Friday's at the hotel. Now dinner there was a disorganized mess and the food was not good. We are usually not picky with food but don't bother go somewhere else. The cleanliness of the room was fine and the bed was very nice. There was plenty of space to spread out and I read other comments about the pull out sofa beds. For the price they charge and sleeping on a sofa bed people need to get a grip on reality. The cost of this hotel is very affordable and its a sofa bed come on you should know already. One thing we were dissatisfied about was the breakfast. We were there right on 7:00am Saturday morning. The hot food served Scrambled Eggs were not plentiful. It looked like a serving for one person when you lifted the lid. Coffee was okay but everything about the breakfast was marginal. So your best bet is to goto Dunkin Donuts across the street. To get to the concert the trolley car takes you right to the arena and back it is very convenient. Overall it was a good value but next time I might throw the couple more dollars at it and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Stay away from the trolley side and ask for a room not directly above TGI Fridays
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bob L
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This hotel was very unexpected. The staff was always very happy to help you with just about anything! My girl friend needed some feminine products. It was late and the gentleman at the desk went on a wild goose chase around the hotel to help her. THey have free bottled water, amazing since bottles are usually 9$ at other hotels. The free breakfast has almost anything you could ask for: waffles, eggs, omelettes, fruit, real juice, etc.. The beds were very comfortable with a choice of pillow, even the pull out was a good sleep! The rooms are large and very clean, they even fold our towels into a little button up shirt with candies! I would go back to buffalo just to stay there!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank max_trottier
Dayton, OH
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

I got back from work and no soap or shampoo, I mentioned this to the front desk and they said they would talk to the maid. The front desk did offer to give me soap or shampoo. Second day no soap, shampoo or towels. Went to the front desk and explained and nothing was done. Third day no soap, shampoo, towels then my bed was not made. Sheets was just pulled up. I then went to front desk and told them as they did nothing and then checked out and completed my week at another hotel that treats the guest as they should be treated!! Never will I stay here again and told techs. In a few different company's not to stay.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris M
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
I just read your review and I am very sorry about your experience. I can't imagine why we would not have serviced your room correctly. All staff are trained to clean rooms and replenish supplies. I will speak to the housekeeping department and make sure this does not happen in the future. I hope you will reach out to me personally, Matt at 716-854-5500, so I can make this right. It is important to us that we fix our mistakes and apologize when we fall short.
Brantford, Canada
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I found the rooms to be really nice with lots of space and well laid out. They were clean and had everything I could want. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They were knowledgeable about the area with regards to restaurants and transportation I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends