“Clean and Friendly Staff”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This hotel met all of my expectations. The room was clean and comfortable. We did have an issue with our thermostat that the staff was unable to fix and they did not have a maintenance man on at the time so we were forced to move to another room down the hall. The staff was courteous and apologetic and it didn't affect my opinion about the hotel. Things break and they did their best to get us accommodated. There is no on site parking and the drop off area is congested. They offer for $10 unlimited in-out access in a parking ramp. It is only one block away but during the harsh Buffalo winter it can be a very chilling walk. (They offer a shuttle to and from but didn't take advantage of it because it probably would've been more of a hassle than just walking)

1  Thank C D K
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am very pleased to hear you found your stay comfortable and that our staff was able to provide you with great service. I am very sorry to hear about the heat in your room, I apologize for the inconvenience of having to move rooms- I hope that your new room was warm and just as comfortable! If you visit Buffalo again, we hope you will consider staying with us again. Please do not hesitate to let us know of these previous issues at check in so we can do our best to make it up to you.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed for one night. Very clean spacious rooms. Includes fridge, microwave, very comfortable mattress and pillows. Woke up feeling like I had an amazing sleep. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a bit crowded but good. Nice variety and not to mention free with our room. The only neg was that we had to park down the street and leave car off the premises. Cost was only $5. Free internet. Bit far from shopping as we were right downtown Buffalo but not too far out of the way for shopping. Ate dinner at Perfetto just beside the hotel. Great food but not sure how long will be open for. Very empty for a Sat night. Our hotel included a free bottle of wine with our stay if we spent over $50 on dinner. Most wines I choose were not available. Waiter said not open anymore at lunch due to no business. Too bad food was great!

Over all would stay there again. Liked the spacious room and even better if you had children due to the separate bedroom and extra pull out couch! Thanks for the stay!

2  Thank Kerry P
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you so much for your fantastic review! We are very pleased to hear that our suite layout met your needs and provided you comfort. We are fortunate to be located in Downtown Buffalo near so many fantastic restaurants, we certainly hope Perfetto's is here to stay. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Got a very nice deal on WagJag for a couple of nights here for a shopping weekend, and enjoyed the stay very much. Nice, clean room, with a King in the bedroom. A large TV in the living area and another in the bedroom was nice; qualtiy of the picture wasn't so good. It was pixelated quite badly, but not certain if that was just poor quality cable signal. Nice facilities too; they started renovating the fitness room while we were there so that should be much improved in the future. Parking is off-site a block or two away. $5 event parking for the Saturday overnight and it cost another $3 to retrieve the car on Monday morning after parking there again on Sunday night while no attendant was on duty. We declined the option to pay the hotel $10 for the two nights, which would have given in-out privileges.. The breakfast was omelettes, meats, waffles, hard-boiled eggs, bread/muffin/croissant etc.The usual fare, but nicely set out, with fruit available as well. The bed was very comfy.

The biggest problem for us with the stay was being woken up at 5am and then again at 7am on Monday morning to the sound of garbage trucks banging away just outside. Since a hotel's main purpose is to provide their guests with a good night's sleep, this was just totally appalling. Surely they should negotiate to have their garbage picked up at a more reasonable hour, especially with sleeping rooms all around the courtyard area. I knocked 1-2 stars off for that.

The hotel is laid out around the back "semi-courtyard" where cars can park for registration and where the garbage bins are stored. The even numbered rooms are all along this side of the building; the odd numbered rooms face out onto the streets. I'd suggest taking only an even-numbered room if staying over a Sunday night. Perhaps other nights too, if they have mulitiple pickups throughout the week.

Room Tip: Take an odd-numbered room on Sunday nights to avoid being woken up very early to banging sounds of g...
1  Thank me63

Thank you so much for your detailed review. The Wag Jag deal is certainly a great package for shopping and visiting Buffalo. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our accommodations comfortable and the complimentary breakfast plentiful. I am very sorry about the commotion of the garbage truck that woke you up in the early morning. On your next visit please let us know about this issue at check in so we can do everything possible to make it up to you and ensure you have a pleasant stay.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

This hotel was awesome. Very accommodating, clean rooms, great staff that took care of every need. Jess especially was the most helpful when I first arrived - I thank her so much. My visit to Buffalo was to see my father in Buffalo General in the ICU which is very close to the hospital and they made my stressful visit less stressful and I want to thank them all for the smiles and wonderful service and everything they did for me and my mother.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Amy J
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am so please to hear that our staff was able to provide you with outstanding service during your unexpected stay. We are proud to work with several local hospitals and facilities in order to provide patients families and friends with clean and comfortable accommodations. I'll be sure to pass your kind words along to our staff.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Just spent one night but impressed . Clean, comfortable rooms and friendly staff. Very quiet. Easy to get to First Niagara Center on the tram ( within walking distance but it was raining!) . Would definitely stay again at this location.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Virginia M

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I'm so pleased to hear that our location met your needs- we are lucky to be located on Chippewa, close to many bars and restaurants but far enough away that any noise doesn't disrupt our guest. The above ground subway on Main Street certainly makes it easy to travel to the First Niagara Center- I hope you enjoyed the game! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

The suites are spacious and clean, the front desk and other staff efficient and friendly, the lobby basic, and the clientele a mix of business folks, airline crews which seem to be a mainstay, and then value-seekers. There is Wifi and included breakfast buffet -- but I went three blocks down W Chippewa for a Starbucks. The free parking is at a garage two or so blocks away, and there is a drop-off/pickup area tat the hotel hat's easy. Overall, I've stayed here twice and always consistent.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Washington might be quieter!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BTH1
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I'm pleased we were able to consistently provide you with efficient service and comfortable accommodations. We are fortunate to be located on W. Chippewa street near various eateries and cafe's. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

We came to buffalo on a long weekend to check out a bills games, go to a concert, try some wings, and make a stop at Niagra falls. We chose this hotel based on price and location to the concert. The hotel did not disappoint. Rooms were massive and clean. The bed was very comfortable especially after a day of driving. Check in was a breeze and the staff was friendly. There is a TGIFridays in the lobby which I think would be convenient especially when the weather is bad, how ever we opted for a walk to anchor bar which is only about 15 minute walk. Felt like longer because of how cold it was and there weren't many people out or many things open so the area felt kinda of desolate at night. I chalked it up to being a Sunday/Monday night. If you are going to a concert at Town Ballroom this is the perfect place to stay as it is literally a block away on Main Street. All in all ... a clean, comfortable hotel in a good location.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mary l
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Many thanks for your awesome review! Glad to hear you were able to experience some of the great things about this area- including the Falls and some wings. Our location in the Theater District as well as the TGI Fridays located in the building is certainly one of our perks. I'm very pleased that our suites met your needs and that the size exceeded your expectations. I will pass your kind words on to our staff- hope to see you again soon!