“Great location!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed at Comfort Suites for one night after a concert at First Niagara Center and we loved our experience, even though we live less than an hour away. We ate dinner at the Bijou Grille just around the corner and then hopped on the train to go to First Niagara Center. This hotel is in a great location downtown. The suites were very clean and spacious. The king bed was comfortable! The check in process was very smooth and the staff was extremely pleasant. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed our stay and that you found our suites clean and spacious. I am thrilled that our location met your needs, we are certainly fortunate to be located so close to a lot of great restaurants- Bijou Grille included! The First Niagara center is also a free trolley ride, short walk or affordable cab ride away. I hope you enjoyed your concert and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The room was nice actually, clean enough and big. They also serve breakfast which is nice.
What I didn't like is that I couldn't get the room dark enough like in most hotels and they did not come to clean our room. It's an average hotel, close to bars, clubs and restaurants. The parking was hard because it is a few minutes walk, there is no parking at the hotel.
It is a good hotel for those who are just looking for a clean quiet place to sleep after traveling.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay. I am glad to hear you found our suites spacious and clean. We are always pleased to provide our complimentary deluxe breakfast. I do apologize for the issues you experieneced during your stay. Each suite is equipped with black out shades located behind the decorative curtain in order to darken the room. I do apologize that housekeeping mistakenly missed your room, I do hope you were able to contact the Front Desk and they were able to provide you with any items that needed replinishing. Being located downtown does have several perks, including the close proximity to numerous bars, restaurants and venues. Unfortunately, it does leave limited space for parking. We are fortunate to have worked out a deal with the Augspurger parking ramp, I do apologize for the incovienence of its location. We hope you will stay with us again so we have the opportunity to provide you with an excellent stay.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I recently had a unique situation with a few reservations I had reserved ... when I had realized the mistakes our guests had made I called the hotel. Jen was immediately helpful, polite and truly understanding of our uniquie situation! I would have Jen on my team any day of the week!! :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thank you so much for providing us feedback regarding your recent stay. We certainly agree, Jen is an awesome part of our team! I am so glad to hear she was able to provide you with excellent service and make the adjustments you needed to your reservations! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

What a great place! We actually felt welcome when we checked in early. The front desk staff was extremely helpful to the point of giving me tickets to the Bisons game when I explained I had attempted unsuccessfully to find a place that had 2 for 1 vouchers for the game. The room was very clean and we felt at home. Breakfast had something for everyone. I like eggs for breakfast and my wife had a feast of yogurt and fruit. She especially enjoyed the hot tea, which isn't available everywhere.
Just a great stay all round!

Room Tip: rooms away from Main Street due to the ongoing construction for the trolley line
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for providing us with such positive feedback about your recent stay. I am so glad to hear our staff provided you with excellent service and that you found the suite comfortable. We are lucky to be located in downtown Buffalo conveniently located to Coca-cola field where the Bison's play and even more fortunate that we have tickets to share with our staff and guests. I am also glad to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe breakfast, we continue to add items to expand it. We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 30 April 2014

The front desk staff was very informative and well mannered
The room was immaculate
The breakfast room was plentiful
My only wish would be that they had a jacuzzi room
as the pressure from the shower was not good

Room Tip: I stayed in the king suite
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review of your recent stay. I am so glad to hear our staff was able to provide you with great service and that you found the suites clean. I do apologize that we do not have Jacuzzi suites as all suites in the hotel are King Suites, with the King bed and pull out sofa bed. I will note to our maintenance department to check the status of each suites shower heads. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

My two night stay became 11 days due to a medical emergency affecting my daughter. Hotel provided a discounted hospital rate for my stay which really helped. But, the highlight of this stay was the staff--especially Mike and Dianne at the front desk and Gwen from breakfast. There were two other desk clerks who were especially professional and helpful, but unfortunately I don't recall their names.

I will stay again, in fact have already booked my next visit.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the construction on Main Street
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay. It is always our pleasure to offer discounted rates for patients as well as family and friends of patients of the surrounding hospitals. Mike, Dianne and Gwen are certainly great assets to our team. Our staff really goes above and beyond to make each guest's stay an enjoyable one. We look forward to seeing you soon!