Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
Taberg, New York
“Awesome”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stay here when I am on a business trip I love that Dunkin Donut is right across the street this is great for me. All rooms are king size beds and they do have a couch that pulls out for additional sleeping. Down size the parking garage is 2 blocks down

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quiter
2 Thank Dawnelle F
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for providing us with feedback about your recent stay. Our corporate guests are certainly valued and we appreciate your business. I'm glad you enjoyed our suite set up and that Dunkin Donuts is so close by! I do apologize about the parking inconvience, being located Downtown does leave limited space for parking so we are fortunate to have worked out a deal with the Augspurger parking ramp on Pearl Street. We do provide shuttle service to and from the garage based on availability so please do not hestiate to request this service during future stays if you would like. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were in town for a wedding a couple of weeks ago and we stayed here. The room was spacious with a sitting area and separate bedroom. My wife also enjoyed the little area in between the bedroom and bathroom which had a mirror and a little countertop where she was able to get ready. Everything was clean and nicely appointed. My only complaint was that the AC was weak. We couldn't cool the room off before we left but by the time we got back it was finally at a reasonable temperature. One more thing, this place has the slowest elevators I have ever been in and my wife almost got stuck in one. She was trying to get to the lobby when the elevator stopped and the doors opened to a wall. Other than that the stay was good. The hotel is close to many bars and restaurants. We would probably stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TommyM29
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Its is always our pleasure to accomodate families and friends in town for a wedding! I am happy to hear you found the suite clean and spacious, the vanity area is certainly a great additional space within the suite. Our location on Main Street and Chippewa Street allows is indeed close to various bars and restaurants all within walking distance. I am sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with the AC upon arrival and further with the elevators throughout your stay. I will be sure to reach out to our elevator technician to ensure they are operating properly. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your next stay!
Wildwood, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

This was my second time back to comfort suites i had such a good stay the first time i came back but it didnt start off good at all i got to my room and a/c wasnt working and my tv wouldnt turn on so i went and talked to front desk and the GM came out and was very nice and helpful he sent up the maintenance guy (Dan) who not only fixed both problems but was very friendly (funny) and stayed and explained how to work a/c and dvd player was very refreshing and made my stay !

• Stayed May 2014
Thanks so much for your feedback! I am certainly sorry for the issues you experienced during your stay but appreciate the opportunity to rectify the situation. I am pleased Dan was able to resolve the problems, he is certainly a great asset to our team! Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you give us another chance to provide you with an excellent stay!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I stay in hotels constantly and they are ho hum. A bed, a dresser, all the same. But here I had a palace.
Most places with kitchenettes are somewhat tired and you often do not want to sit on the furniture but this hotel was very nicely furnished and in very good shape. I really liked all the elbow room. Although I was alone, being able to totally shut the door on the bedroom would be nice if traveling with others.
Very nice desk clerks who give you a wish list of options when you check in, including pillow choices, sound machine, humidifier.
Breakfast was not fantastic but there is a Dunkin Donuts and a Tim Hortons within a block. Exercise room had about six machines.
I took a sound machine but did not need it. Not much traffic with Main Street closed ( enter in the back). Windows open, but at about 9 I got the most delicious. BBQ smells so I closed them in self defense.
Wifi was very good. Only downside is parking is a block and a half away but that was not a summer issue. Maybe it would be in the winter. But its a covered garage.
Hope I can go back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with an great review of your recent stay. I am thrilled to hear you found the suites spacious and comfortable. The separate bedroom certainly allows for privacy when traveling with others. It is our pleasure to provide numerous free amenities to our guests including our Sweet Dreams sleep program which includes pillow choices such as buckwheat, body and memory foam as well as the portable sound machine, which unfortunately doesn't eliminate any delicious BBQ smells! I do apologize for failing to meet your expectations regarding breakfast, we are fortunate to be located close to numerous coffees shops if perhaps breakfast is missed. We look forward to your next stay!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The hotel is clean and the rooms are very comfortable. It is in a very good location and convenient to everything. The breakfast was very good with lots of choices. No complaints about anything! I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your great review. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and found the suites clean and comfortable. I am further glad to hear our location met your needs. We continue to expand our complimentary deluxe breakfast so it is wonderful that our guests are able to enjoy this amenity. Visit us again soon!
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I reserved a block of rooms for colleagues coming to the Red Cross' BASH and they absolutely loved the hotel! The staff was wonderful, from the manager, Matt, who set up the room block, to the folks working at check-in. My group loved the rooms and location, one even said she'd "live there if I could!". Many thanks for the incredible service - this is our hotel of choice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay. We were delighted to have your group in house with us and I'm so glad to hear everyone enjoyed their stay. Our location downtown is certainly close to numerous venues and destinations and as always we aim for our accommodations to be welcoming and comfortable. We look forward to your next stay!
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

As you can tell from my contributions, I have traveled all over this great country and stayed at a ton on hotels, B & B, and where ever I can rest my head. The way I want! This location truly reflects what they say and how they treat their guests. From a terrific GM (Matt) to the entire staff, they all have your best interest in mind. From a friendly "good morning' when I leave my room from the housekeeping staff, to another "good morning" at the front desk, they are a wonderful team! A great HOT breakfast in the a.m. is very popular (especially on the weekends) so plan accordingly. Parking is available only one block across the street (free with a pass they give you) and is easily accessible. The rooms are nice size suites (al the same) with fridge, microwave, and 2 TV's. Don't forget to ask for your free bottle of water at the desk. They will take great care of you!
Choice Privileges as well and USA today in the morning at your door for members.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the backside as the weekends tend to get loud with all the weddings, bars and restaur...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you so much for your awesome review. I am thrilled that in your travels you were able to visit us in Buffalo, NY. I am so glad to hear you were able to enjoy a majority of complimentary amenities and that our staff provided you with outstanding service.It is our pleasure to provide a deluxe complimentary hot breakfast each morning and complimentary parking offsite Sunday-Thursday. I will pass along your kind words of encouragement to our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.