“Lovely stay in Buffalo”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We stay at Comfort Inn Buffalo just for one night but I've would love to stay more. The room was clean and big and the hot breakfast very rich and good. Besides we get a descount coupon and the price was a big plus for all the facilities included ad the wifi. I hope to visit Buffalo again and return to Comfort Inn.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Merilou82
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay. I am thrilled to hear you found the suites clean, spacious and comfortable. It is always our pleasure to offer a discounted coupon rate for travelers. I am further happy to hear you enjoyed several of our free amenities including our complimentary deluxe breakfast and wireless internet. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is a great location for staying in downtown Buffalo. Very central but on a quieter side so it was very restful. The staff were also super helpful! There is no parking on-site, which was the only down side but they offer nearby parking about a block away for a discounted rate.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our location met your needs. I am thrilled to hear our staff was able to provide you with outstanding service. I do apologize for failing to meet your expectations regarding our parking accommodations. Limited space in the metropolitan downtown area does require us to utilize a parking garage like many downtown hotels. It is our pleasure to include it with your stay Sunday- Thursday and provide a discounted rate for in and out privileges on Friday and Saturday nights. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Love this place. The location is excellent and breakfast super! The staff is outstanding and so helpful. Always willing to provide to the needs of me and friends who were here on a mission trip. Thanks!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our location met your needs. It is our pleasure to offer a complimentary deluxe breakfast, so I am happy to hear you enjoyed it. I'll be sure to pass along your kind words to our hardworking staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We've stayed in many mid-priced hotels in downtown cities over the years, including this one. This particular hotel property is the best value of them all. Usually there are trade-offs in order to get a 'value" rate at a downtown hotel. Not here. The hotels is clean and up-to-date, rooms are spacious, the bedding extremely comfortable, the breakfast bar one of the best of its kind, the hotel staff is friendly and informed, and there's even a restaurant on the premises for those times when you don't want to venture out into the downtown for a meal (TGI Fridays). We've stayed at this hotel more than a dozen times over the past 10 years, and haven't ever been disappointed. One thing people should know: parking is a block away (in a covered garage), but is open 24 hours and is easy to access.

Room Tip: There's only one kind of room here -- a suite. there's a pullout couch in the living room...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thank you again for your great and detailed review. As always, it is our pleasure to provide each guest with quality stay at an affordable price. I am thrilled to hear you found our suites clean and comfortable. I am also happy to hear you were able to enjoy both our complimentary deluxe breakfast and the TGI Fridays on site. We certainly value your loyalty and look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here 4 nights on the 7th floor. Modern, spacious rooms with separate bedroom. Free breakfast with good variety. Supportive staff. Would definitely stay here again. Very good location for downtown Buffalo activities.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank girbit

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay. I am glad to hear you found our suites spacious and the layout met your needs. It is our pleasure to provide each guest with a deluxe complimentary breakfast. I will be sure to pass your kind words onto our staff. I hope you enjoyed all Buffalo has to offer and we look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We decided to book a weekend away and at the same time enjoy the Taste of Buffalo so we were looking for a hotel within walking distance to the festival. This was a great choice it was a nice 10 minute walk and we where pleasantly surprised at how clean and nice the room was. We also liked the fact that in order to get on the elevators to go to the rooms you needed a room key that was added security.

Check inn was fast and easy the girl at the front desk was very helpful and was able to answer the questions I had when I arrived for example directions to some places we wanted to go. She gave us all the information that we needed example password for WiFi, times that breakfast was available. By the way breakfast was real nice.

I would stay here again and would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay. I am glad to hear you found the suites clean and comfortable. We are certainly fortunate to be located downtown close to numerous great restaurants and local events. It is our pleasure to provide the added security and peace of mind of key access elevators for our guests as sometimes guests are hesitant when staying downtown in a city. I am thrilled to hear our staff provided you with an efficient and informative check in process. I hope you enjoyed the Taste of Buffalo and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel in good location. You can hear some noise from the restaurant below but otherwise pretty quiet and very comfortable. Room was a bit run down (cracked window, scuff marks in wall) and dated and floor plan was a little odd but still very nice and clean.

Very friendly and accommodating staff.

Stayed: July 2014
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thanks for taking the time to share your recent stay experience. I am glad to hear our location met your needs and the suite was comfortable and clean. I do apologize for the noise you experienced during your stay, during any future stays feel free to request an “even numbered” room as those face the back of the hotel away from TGI Fridays and Main Street. I would like to extend our sincere apology for the issues you experienced in your room and that it failed to meet Choice standards. If you would like to contact me directly at the hotel, my name is Matt, I can direct our maintenance department to that room to ensure those issues are handled appropriately. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!