“Give an "attagirl" to Kaeli Abdo”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed 30 July 2009

During my stay, Kaeli Abdo was working the front desk on several occasions when I had questions, needed a shuttle, etc. she went above and beyond to help me out. She is a real asset to the hotel.
She is a real asset to your guest and to the hotel. Give her a reward - she helped my first visti to Buffalo more pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 July 2009

The front desk staff went out of their way to assist us with planning fun excursions and tips on dining. Kaeli (front desk) even called her Mom to give us suggestions for the best Sushi in town. They went above and beyond and made our trip more fun!

The rooms were nice and clean and the location worked perfectly for us.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2009

I stayed at the hotel on a saturday night bc a small group of us were heading downtown for a family members last week as a bachelorette... The rooms were very very overpriced and while walking in, myself, my sister, mother, and a couple of friends were being followed by a woman asking us for money. I turned around and said "No thank you" to the woman when she responded with very vulgar namecalling and threw her water bottle at us. When I told the woman at the front desk she responded with "oh... sorry" and a look that lead me to believe it happens often at this hotel.

When getting to our $200 a night room, I was surprised to see the circa 1987 television sets, the coffee stains down the side of the bed side tables and a toilet that would run for minutes before it was flushable again.

The next day when leaving, the young lady behind the counter was the only pleasant part of our stay. Unfortunately, upon arriving home, I realized I left my camerain the room. I immediately called the hotel and dealt with a very pleasant lady on the phone who checked with the housekeeping mgr who said nothing was turned in. I am 100% positive the camera was left in the room and even told them where I left it, waited a couple of days and never heard from them again. I called three days later and left a message for the housekeeping mgr to please call me and did not receive a call in return. When I called the next day, the young man who answered told me the housekeeping mgr was right there with him, asked me to hold and proceded to talk to him while i listened to their chuckles on the other end. The young man returned to the phone and said the mgr told him nothing was turned in. When I told him I called to actually speak to the housekeeping mgr he repeated "nothing was turned in"

I will not only NEVER visit this hotel again, I will do my best to let EVERYONE I talk to know how overpriced and outdated this hotel is. As well as let them know that someone, somewhere in that hotel has my camera and the memory card (which is all I really care about) and the mgr was not even professional enough to speak directly to me, but was unprofessional enough to snicker and laugh with the young man on the oher end of the phone.

I am absolutely disgusted with my entire experience at this hotel! Check out the Hampton Inn... Ive never had a problem at their downtown location.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2009

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. I am very sorry about the difficulties you experienced at the hotel. The hotel is currently undergoing renovations of the guestroooms and is getting near completion. Unfortunately, some of the rooms like yours have not been completed and indeed have ancient tv's. We are currently waiting for the shipment of the new flat panel 42" tv's.

I do apologize for the lady asking for money. At times due to being in a city there are homeless that wander the streets until the police ask them to move on. Normally the hotel does not have a recurring problem.

I will address the lack of professionalism from my staff in dealing with the lost camera.
Thanks again!

Reviewed 15 June 2009

I stayed here for 4 nights recently. The first night I was in a non-remodeled room. Or rather, one in the middle of being remodeled. It was a little dirty with construction dust around the walls and a hole cut out in one of the walls where a light should be. The couch had seen better days. They moved me after that night to a finished room. It was much nicer, clean, no holes in the walls, etc. Not exactly a luxury room but not bad for the price, and pretty big too.

The breakfast was ok, your standard muffins, waffles, etc. It got old pretty quick but there's a Dunkin Donuts and a Tim Horton's right across the street. It's close to lots of other restaurants for lunch and dinner too. But be prepared to be approached by lots of people begging for money. It seemed like every time I stepped out the door there was someone there asking me for bus fare. It wasn't unsafe, just annoying.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2009

Here are the facts of our stay based on renting four rooms for a conference we were attending:

-Blood on the walls.
-Beer Bottles in the closet.
-No AC, 87 degree room temp, causing windows to be left open, only to listen to the subway right outside the window.
-Water rushing into room during early morning hours via overhead ceiling tiles.
-Jackhammering all day long.
-Rotting meat in the trash can that went unemptied for days.
-Broken chairs.
-Blood on the walls (about 12 drops).
-Crumbs on the floor and TV.
-Elevator door that wouldn't open on several occasions.
-Poor customer service.

Overall, general filth. I can tolerate lack of amenities in a hotel room, but I cannot tolerate filth. I would hate to put a black light in any of our rooms. Yikes.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank vermontsoxfan
Reviewed 13 April 2009

We received great service during our stay at Comfort Suites. We where kind of hesitant of stay here but it was the only place with rooms. We found it very pleasing and would return. The service that we received was unmatched. I was traveling with my family and the Front Desk staff took very good care of us they directed us on where to eat, they where also very prompt with delivering us extra towels and pillows. The rooms are very spacious and the breakfast was very fulfilling.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2009

Went there over Thanksgiving weekend to visit family members. I was with my husband and two children. I figured with it being in downtown Buffalo and being owned by Clarion Hotel that we would be in for a treat. Boy was I wroing. The place was gross. It seemed like we stepped back into the 70's. The lobby was smelly, dingy and dirty. The same goes for the hallway and worst the room. First of all, I could have fit this so call "suite" into my livingroom. If you opened the pull out sofa there was no room to walk. The televsions where from the 1970's with just two or three channels. I sent Comfort Suites a complaint and was given a voucher for 15% off my next visit. YEAH RIGHT.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank MimiNYC0170
Comfort_Suites601, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2009

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to provide us with you comments. I apologize that your experience was less than satisfying. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Comments such as yours assist us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues have been addressed. Currently we are fully renovating Comfort Suites Downtown. When these renovations are completed all of your issues will have been resolved and we will have even more amenities and services to offer our guests. We would like to invite you back once we are finished to experience the tremendous changes we have made. Again, thank you so much for your time and we hope to see you again this Thanksgiving.