Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo
US$161
US$134
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Foundry Suites Hotel(Buffalo)(Great Value!)
US$148
All reviewscomfort suitestgi fridaysfrench doorstgif restaurantdowntown buffalofront deskfree breakfastdvd playerparking garagemain stseparate bedroomtwo blocksliving areayogurtthe theater districtfree trolleysame building
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 September 2010

I really enjoyed my room at this hotel, once I got to it! The downtown location is not ideal unless you are conducting business downtown. There is NO onsite parking. You have to park in a parking garage about 2 blocks away. It is free to park there, but when you are dragging heavy equipment to and from the hotel every morning and every night, it is not ideal. Also, because of the location, there are a lot of homeless people hanging around the outside of the hotel.

My room was great! I enjoyed the spaciousness of having the suite. Everything was very clean. The breakfast in the morning was also good. I also used the workout facility. It was nice and included a weight machine.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2010

Thank you for the feedback. The only drawback of a downtown property is that most hotels have parking garages away from the hotel. Our parking is 1 block away and we pay for it. We do have 13 spots for check in purposes which does help. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 29 August 2010

I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the rooms, the quality of the bedding, the free WiFi and the perfect breakfast to start the day I normally stay at they Hyatt nearby but the rooms at Comfort Suites are actually nicer. The gym is fine for basic exercise and you really can't beat the location right downtown.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank BPBizTraverler
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2010

Thank you for the nice comments! All the rooms are 2 rooms suites so they are indeed spacious for a downtown hotel. Hope you will be back to Buffalo!

Reviewed 28 August 2010

We just spent three nights at this hotel. The manager and her staff treated us with utmost respect and courtesy. Our room was clean and family friendly. The breakfast room was in a separate area and not in the front lobby...nice and quiet with staff cleaning up promptly as guests left. The front desk staff went out of their way to ensure that we had all of our needs met. We enjoyed the complimentary fresh baked cookies, gum and bottled water. The location was with walking distance to theatres, ball games and restaurants. Free parking close by. Rates were reasonable. Shopping malls a quick drive with google maps given by staff. i cannot say enough good about our stay. Will definitely come back! Thanks!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank lucilleOntarioCanada

Thank you for the wonderful comments. Glad you like the "little extras". We make fresh cookies and have free bottled water at front desk for check in/check out.

Reviewed 25 August 2010

Great friendly staff - at front desk, breakfast and room cleaning !!!! Wonderful cookies at check in. Enormous rooms with all the amenities for make medium and longer term stays really comfortable. We've now moved all our corporate business to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business

Thank you! Glad your company is happy!

Reviewed 15 August 2010

I traveled to Buffalo with my boyfriend this weekend, and stayed in this hotel. The staff was rude, clueless, and completely unwilling to help at all. The rooms were disgusting - several spiders crawled around our room, and the window sills of our room were unfinished with saw dust and insulation scattered.

The lot out front is designated for handicapped and 10 minute loading parking. My boyfriend is in a wheelchair. At no time were the handicapped spots EVER free, and the cars parked there 9/10 times did not have a handicapped hang tag. We were happy to park in another spot in the lot, though the idea of people parking in handicapped spots freely has always gotten me really upset.

On our last night, we pulled into the lot and there was not a single spot open- handicapped or otherwise. No one was checking in or unloading, so the cars were just parked there for the night. Other parking for the hotel is off-site, and it is hard for my boyfriend to get around too far, so we needed to have a close spot. The staff said they would call and have cars moved, so we waited out front for 20 minutes. I went back in and the woman behind the desk had not called anyone. Instead of leaving a dead lobby to look at license plates, she rudely sent me outside to get the cars plates for her. She asked me to just keep waiting for people to leave, to which I explained we had to get up to the room since we had someplace to be shortly. When I brought her in the plate of the cars in the handicapped spots without hang tags, she told me she would TRY to get ahold of the owner, but they might get in trouble for parking in a handicapped spot. She very rudely explained to me that because my boyfriend needed the spot, the people who ILLEGALLY parked in that spot may get in trouble for parking there and asked if I was sure we needed the spot.

Instead of working to resolve the issue of the parking for us as a guest, she acted either rude or oblivious too the fact that we may need to park. I explained they deserved to get in trouble! They took a parking spot away from my handicapped boyfriend who CAN'T push very far. She not only was rude, she never did anything to help, or even direct us to other parking alternatives.

Unfortunately this was not a single occurrence - every interaction I had with the staff was reflective of this attitude.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
BuffComfortGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2010

Thank you for your candid and honest comments. I am very sorry about the poor parking situation you had. Unfortunately, many spots were taken because of renovations that just ended today at TGI Fridays restaurant. However, the handicap parking spots should have been empty. We do try to keep them open and it is unfortunate that people take them who shouldn't. We will address a better way to handle. Will look into the spider situation although have not had any other complaints. We do have monthly inspections by third party company.