“Great service at the front desk made all the difference”

DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
Toronto
“Great service at the front desk made all the difference”
Reviewed 2 May 2011

Having never stayed in Buffalo, Jean (Operations Manager) made our stay absolutely perfect - thank you so much for the directions and suggestions on where to shop and to go out in the evening etc. We had a fantastic time and we will be back to see you in the future. We really enjoyed the fact also that the hotel was close to everything but was not noisy at all. And the warm chocolate cookies were great - thanks again.

Room Tip: Phone the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
DoubletreeBuffalo, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, 11 May 2011
Thank you for your kind words reagrding our hotel and our manager; Jean Snyder. She is an asset to the front desk and we are lucky to have her!
We are looking forward to your return visit! A warm DoubleTree chocolate chop cookie will be waiting for you. Thank you for your business.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 25 March 2011

During my recent stay at the Doubletree Club Buffalo Downtown hotel, it was nothing short of Outstanding! The hotel staff (from the front desk to the bartender to the waitress' in the restaurant) were both courteous and professional. I was fortunate enough to stay in one of the suites and the room was incredible! Spacious and comfortable is an understatement. The hotel's location is very close to downtown Buffalo which made it convenient to get to work in the morning. The valet parking is an added bonus as well. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a hotel in downtown Buffalo to stay here!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank leebegy
esarkis, General Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, 30 March 2011
Lee, thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your stay at our hotel. I am very pleased that you had a comfortable stay. I will pass on your comments to the entire staff; I know that it will make their day as it did mine. Thanks again. Elaine
Reviewed 3 March 2011

The Receptionist was extremely nice and helpful and kind !! shuttle service and valet also awesome !! rooms were excellent and clean 5stars !!

• Stayed February 2011
DoubletreeBuffalo, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, 21 March 2011
Steve; I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the wonderful comments about the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your business!
San Diego, California
Reviewed 4 February 2011

We stayed here for 6 nights over the holidays. The one bedroom suite was a perfect option as we had a toddler with us - we could close the door at night and let him sleep undisturbed while we watched TV, used internet, etc. We had a corner room and it was quite large, as was the bathroom.

The front desk staff were great – very friendly and helpful.

The refrigerator, microwave, and sink were very handy, although on two days, dirty dishes were not removed or cleaned, and since there were no paper towels or soap in the room (as I've gotten in other hotel rooms with kitchens), we were stuck with dishes sitting around.

We used the valet for our car, which is the way to go, especially in winter - call down 15 minutes before you need the car and it’s always there.

There was construction going on across the street when we were there. Our bedroom faced it directly. Work started around 7:30 on weekdays, but it wasn't bad. We also never really noticed any ambulance sirens - being next to several hospitals, we had thought we would.

All in all, we will stay here next time we come to Buffalo. It’s central, it’s convenient, and the room layout is great for our needs.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
DoubletreeBuffalo, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, 24 February 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were pleased with your accomodations!
Hopefully the next time you stay with us will be when our rooms have been renovated!
Thank you for your business!
Leesburg, VA
Reviewed 3 February 2011

My sister and I came to Buffalo for my grandfather's funeral. My grandmother's house was too small so we had to book a hotel. I'm glad I booked at this hotel. It was clean, comfortable and the staff was incredible! They serve guests chocolate cookies so that was a plus. My only negative, which is minor, is that the hotel is located in a residential area that is a bit run down, but I never felt unsafe. The hotel always seemed secure and there is hospital/medical center right across the street so I think that helps from a safety standpoint. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
Guelph
Reviewed 3 February 2011

My husband and I stayed for three nights at the Doubletree. At first, we were disappointed with the location as it is a few blocks from the main downtown area and surrounded by the hospital complex. However, the shuttle service was excellent and we used it every night to get downtown so that we did not need to drive. They were very friendly and always told us to call back if we needed a ride back to the hotel. Although we gave the driver a tip, I don't think it was expected at all. All of the hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful including the bar staff at the hotel lounge who recommended places to go which all turned out to be excellent recommendations!

The room was clean and quite large and the hotel was very quiet. The only negative I can say is that the internet service was slow so you have to be patient if you are using it! We would definately return to this hotel the next time we are in Buffalo .... it has very friendly service and it was reasonably priced for a downtown hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Clifton Park, New York
Reviewed 31 January 2011

In Buffalo for an extra long weekend to visit family and celebrate my husband’s birthday.
4 night stay and we all loved the hotel. Prior to my arrival I requested extra towels, pillows and coffee and it upon entering my room, it was all waiting for me. Brownie points there.

I reserved 2 rooms, 1 suite (2 rooms) and 1 standard King. Both rooms had apartment (6' tall) size refrigerators, coffee makers, microwaves and utensils/plates, etc. The bathrooms (which are very large) are fully stocked with wonderful soaps, conditioners, sunscreen/moisturizers, etc. Beyond the normal one would see in a hotel room. The bath towels are the best! They are long, soft and well - I just wanted to cuddle in one.
The bed was comfortable, soft but not too soft. Plenty of closet and drawer space as well as a desk.

My only complaint is that my two rooms were not on the same floor as the hotel was sold out and they failed to make that arrangement prior to placing other guests in their rooms. In my book, no big deal.

There are a few draw backs to the hotel:
The neighborhood it is located in. This is NOT a neighborhood for walks or strolls. There are several houses in the immediate area that are boarded up and this is a very low income community. However the hotel is in the middle of what is one of the nation’s best Cancer Treatment hospitals which is expanding and a stone throw from the downtown business area.

PARKING is an issue:
There is not a designated hotel parking lot. Parking is off street parking therefore for your safety and the safety of your vehicle use the $10 per day valet service. I never had a problem with my vehicle not being available and it was well taken care of.

I WOULD recommend this hotel to anyone. It gets 4 stars. I didn’t give it 5 because of the parking and location.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family