Wyndham Garden Buffalo Downtown
Curtiss Hotel(Buffalo)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsdouble treedoubletree clubmedical centerto roswell park cancer institutevalet parkingfront deskanchor barchocolate chip cookieswarm cookiesshuttle servicefree shuttlerestaurant staffbuffalo downtowngreat place to staywingsone night stayexcellent stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I was booked to stay at this hotel for a very short overnight. I arrived at the hotel around 1a, and the woman at the front desk was a doll. She was very sweet, very concerned about my comfort and tiredness. She even gave me an extra cookie to "help me relax up there". It was very thoughtful. I was impressed by her warmth, and wasn't let down when I got upstairs. My room was clean and a nice size, and the bed was super comfortable. I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
WYNMGR, Director of Sales at Wyndham Garden Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. Our main priority here at the DoubleTree Club by Hilton is that our guests feel comfortable, welcomed and cared for at all times. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the desk agent that assisted upon your arrival.
The next time you are in Buffalo, please be sure to stop by for one of our famous DoubleTree cookies!
Thank you for your business!

Reviewed 26 May 2011

The Doubletree Hotel is a nice property: the hotel and services are all good. The rooms are a little dated & could use a renovation, but the bedding is new and the general upkeep is very good. What really stands out here is the hotel staff. From the moment we arrived until we departed, the staff tried their best to make our stay a pleasant one. Remarkably, they remembered us and followed-up on every request we made, etc. I want to especially highlight the excellent front desk staff - most of all - Kerrie L. who went out of her way to help and direct us. Kerrie was truly outstanding! What is also noteworthy is the hotel provided shuttle service, which takes you to locations downtown for free; the shuttle will pick you up from the airport for a $15 charge.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to extend your wonderful comments about our staff member Kerrie! As you mentioned, she is a wonderful employee and we are lucky to have her as a team member! I am glad you had the opportunity to utilize our shuttle service as well.
You will be happy to know, we are starting a major guestroom and corridor renovation on Monday! The new room package is gorgeous and I hope you will be back to experience our new rooms!
Thank you for your kind words and business!

Reviewed 13 May 2011

I am a Hilton Honors member and a frequent business traveler. I stayed in the hotel this past week for two nights during a business trip. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Also on-site/attached restaurant is run by a very friendly/accommodating group of people. The hotel rooms were somewhat recently updated and are equipped with flat screen tv's and wired internet (no wireless). The wired internet is complimentary. The fitness center is decently equipped, but the water cooler was out of water and there were no attached cups which would have been nice. My only real complaint is the insulation in the walls appears to be lacking. I was able to hear my neighbors making phone calls and their showers running. A lot of the noise seemed to filter through the connecting room door....
Pros- Very friendly staff. Recently renovated rooms. Free WIRED internet.
Cons- No wireless internet. Pour sound insulation.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank ScubaSanAntonio
WYNMGR, Director of Sales at Wyndham Garden Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at our hotel We strive each day to provide an exceptional level of service to all of our guests and these reviews help us to do so.
We are excited to announce that our 100 room property will be undergoing a major guestroom and corrdior renovation in June. We will become 100% non smoking at that time as well. In regards to wireless, we currently have two floors that are wireless; the first and second. By the end of the year, all of our guestrooms will be wireless and this service will be complimentary.
Thank you for your kind words. We hope you will choose the DoubleTree Club by Hilton should your travels bring you to Buffalo!

Reviewed 10 May 2011

The front desk people are great. The free cookies are to die for! The fitness room is really nice as is the Business Center. The Au Bon Pain inside is a great restaurant. The rooms are spacious. The shower could have been a little more forceful. Great towels! Their lotion and shampoo/conditioner are high class. Can't hear anything in the rooms next to you. Great discount if you have business at Buffalo General or Roswell. The walkway inside is convenient to get to the hospital. Just high-class all the way! No breakfast included.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
WYNMGR, Director of Sales at Wyndham Garden Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at our hotel!
We have been getting so much positive feedback regarding our new amenities that DoubleTree launched within the past two months. I am glad you enjoyed them as well! We are very fortunate to be located on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus.
The next time you are in Buffalo, please be sure to stop by for one of our famous DoubleTree chocolate chip cookies!
Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 2 May 2011

Having never stayed in Buffalo, Jean (Operations Manager) made our stay absolutely perfect - thank you so much for the directions and suggestions on where to shop and to go out in the evening etc. We had a fantastic time and we will be back to see you in the future. We really enjoyed the fact also that the hotel was close to everything but was not noisy at all. And the warm chocolate cookies were great - thanks again.

Room Tip: Phone the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words reagrding our hotel and our manager; Jean Snyder. She is an asset to the front desk and we are lucky to have her!
We are looking forward to your return visit! A warm DoubleTree chocolate chop cookie will be waiting for you. Thank you for your business.