“Doubletree is always outstanding!”

DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
Karlstad, Sweden
“Doubletree is always outstanding!”
Reviewed 23 July 2011

When traveling in the US I always try to find the best deals on Doubletree hotels. This one in Buffalo was perhaps more simple then others I have stayed at, however this stay was as pleasant as ever.

The staff was so welcoming and helpful. Since we arrived by car, the very nice valet guy told us we could have his parking spot across the street which would be more convenient to us since we had a great deal of bags. The receptionist was also very sweet and helpful. She gave us a huge list of things to do as well as directions to them. She also gave us as many cookies as we wanted to… and OMG they are amazing.

The rooms are big and clean and the beds more then comfortable. So, if I ever visit Buffalo again I would definitely stay here. Doubletree is a winner every time!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Viktsjob01

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 June 2011

We checked in and the front desk staff was pleasant, friendly, and helpful. We got our cookies which the boys devoured at once! We were upgraded to a bigger room and were told that parking on the street in front of the hotel for free was our best option! Our extra pillows I requested were waiting in our room.
The room was clean and comfortable and big enough for a family of four.
We were given very simple directions to Allentown and went for a nice walk on astreet with cafes and restaurants.
Overall, a very solid hotel with a very nice staff!

Room Tip: Hilton.com-upgrade for $5!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 17 June 2011

When we arrived, we found two dirty glasses outside our door. Then we entered and found a dirty washcloth near the air conditioner on the windowsill. This did not leave us confident that the room was clean. The room and its furnishings were outdated. There was still a tube TV in the room which is unusual for hotels of this sort these days.

Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
DoubletreeBuffalo, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, 20 June 2011
Dear Guest; I am sorry your experience with us was not what you expected or deserved, especially from a DoubleTree by Hilton. I can assure you that your concerns have been discussed with the Housekeeping Manager who will deal with the issues accordingly. Please accept our apologies as this is not our standard way of doing business.
I am happy to report that we have begun our guestroom and corridor renovations! Included in the package are 42' inch flat screen TV’s.
Niagara Falls, New York
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Buffalo is my hometown! Since I have family still there, I am often back for personal reasons. As a minister I also travel often for business when I am speaking at various churches. This was the first time that I had the opportunity to stay at the Doubletree in Buffalo. The entire stay was wonderful and the staff was great. I was not ready to leave. I look forward to staying at this site more often in the future.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank JHJRNY
DoubletreeBuffalo, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, 16 June 2011
JHJRNY, thank you for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate your kind words regrading our staff at the DoubleTree. We look forward to your return to Buffalo!
Thank you for your business.
Rockville, MD
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I was booked to stay at this hotel for a very short overnight. I arrived at the hotel around 1a, and the woman at the front desk was a doll. She was very sweet, very concerned about my comfort and tiredness. She even gave me an extra cookie to "help me relax up there". It was very thoughtful. I was impressed by her warmth, and wasn't let down when I got upstairs. My room was clean and a nice size, and the bed was super comfortable. I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. Our main priority here at the DoubleTree Club by Hilton is that our guests feel comfortable, welcomed and cared for at all times. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the desk agent that assisted upon your arrival.
The next time you are in Buffalo, please be sure to stop by for one of our famous DoubleTree cookies!
Thank you for your business!
New York City
Reviewed 26 May 2011

The Doubletree Hotel is a nice property: the hotel and services are all good. The rooms are a little dated & could use a renovation, but the bedding is new and the general upkeep is very good. What really stands out here is the hotel staff. From the moment we arrived until we departed, the staff tried their best to make our stay a pleasant one. Remarkably, they remembered us and followed-up on every request we made, etc. I want to especially highlight the excellent front desk staff - most of all - Kerrie L. who went out of her way to help and direct us. Kerrie was truly outstanding! What is also noteworthy is the hotel provided shuttle service, which takes you to locations downtown for free; the shuttle will pick you up from the airport for a $15 charge.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to extend your wonderful comments about our staff member Kerrie! As you mentioned, she is a wonderful employee and we are lucky to have her as a team member! I am glad you had the opportunity to utilize our shuttle service as well.
You will be happy to know, we are starting a major guestroom and corridor renovation on Monday! The new room package is gorgeous and I hope you will be back to experience our new rooms!
Thank you for your kind words and business!
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 13 May 2011

I am a Hilton Honors member and a frequent business traveler. I stayed in the hotel this past week for two nights during a business trip. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Also on-site/attached restaurant is run by a very friendly/accommodating group of people. The hotel rooms were somewhat recently updated and are equipped with flat screen tv's and wired internet (no wireless). The wired internet is complimentary. The fitness center is decently equipped, but the water cooler was out of water and there were no attached cups which would have been nice. My only real complaint is the insulation in the walls appears to be lacking. I was able to hear my neighbors making phone calls and their showers running. A lot of the noise seemed to filter through the connecting room door....
Pros- Very friendly staff. Recently renovated rooms. Free WIRED internet.
Cons- No wireless internet. Pour sound insulation.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank ScubaSanAntonio
DoubletreeBuffalo, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, 25 May 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at our hotel We strive each day to provide an exceptional level of service to all of our guests and these reviews help us to do so.
We are excited to announce that our 100 room property will be undergoing a major guestroom and corrdior renovation in June. We will become 100% non smoking at that time as well. In regards to wireless, we currently have two floors that are wireless; the first and second. By the end of the year, all of our guestrooms will be wireless and this service will be complimentary.
Thank you for your kind words. We hope you will choose the DoubleTree Club by Hilton should your travels bring you to Buffalo!