“Great hotel, fabulous staff”

DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed 8 August 2011

As two families across three rooms, one of them a suite, we were very comfortable and would definitely stay again. Staff went out of their way to make sure we had all we needed and the hotel provides a shuttle service to take guests to/from other locations downtown, which we used several times. A great place, especially for the price.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Famtraveller89

Reviewed 31 July 2011

This is a very basic hotel with little in the way of frills or amenities. It is smack dab in the middle of a large hospital complex. It has only an Au Bon Pain for a restaurant and a tiny bar. Fortunately, the world-famous Anchor Bar is a mere five minute walk from the DoubletTree Club.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank ninjas2
Reviewed 23 July 2011

When traveling in the US I always try to find the best deals on Doubletree hotels. This one in Buffalo was perhaps more simple then others I have stayed at, however this stay was as pleasant as ever.

The staff was so welcoming and helpful. Since we arrived by car, the very nice valet guy told us we could have his parking spot across the street which would be more convenient to us since we had a great deal of bags. The receptionist was also very sweet and helpful. She gave us a huge list of things to do as well as directions to them. She also gave us as many cookies as we wanted to… and OMG they are amazing.

The rooms are big and clean and the beds more then comfortable. So, if I ever visit Buffalo again I would definitely stay here. Doubletree is a winner every time!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Viktsjob01
Reviewed 21 June 2011

We checked in and the front desk staff was pleasant, friendly, and helpful. We got our cookies which the boys devoured at once! We were upgraded to a bigger room and were told that parking on the street in front of the hotel for free was our best option! Our extra pillows I requested were waiting in our room.
The room was clean and comfortable and big enough for a family of four.
We were given very simple directions to Allentown and went for a nice walk on astreet with cafes and restaurants.
Overall, a very solid hotel with a very nice staff!

Room Tip: Hilton.com-upgrade for $5!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2011

When we arrived, we found two dirty glasses outside our door. Then we entered and found a dirty washcloth near the air conditioner on the windowsill. This did not leave us confident that the room was clean. The room and its furnishings were outdated. There was still a tube TV in the room which is unusual for hotels of this sort these days.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
DoubletreeBuffalo, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2011

Dear Guest; I am sorry your experience with us was not what you expected or deserved, especially from a DoubleTree by Hilton. I can assure you that your concerns have been discussed with the Housekeeping Manager who will deal with the issues accordingly. Please accept our apologies as this is not our standard way of doing business.
I am happy to report that we have begun our guestroom and corridor renovations! Included in the package are 42' inch flat screen TV’s.

Reviewed 14 June 2011

Buffalo is my hometown! Since I have family still there, I am often back for personal reasons. As a minister I also travel often for business when I am speaking at various churches. This was the first time that I had the opportunity to stay at the Doubletree in Buffalo. The entire stay was wonderful and the staff was great. I was not ready to leave. I look forward to staying at this site more often in the future.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank JHJRNY
DoubletreeBuffalo, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2011

JHJRNY, thank you for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate your kind words regrading our staff at the DoubleTree. We look forward to your return to Buffalo!
Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 13 June 2011

I was booked to stay at this hotel for a very short overnight. I arrived at the hotel around 1a, and the woman at the front desk was a doll. She was very sweet, very concerned about my comfort and tiredness. She even gave me an extra cookie to "help me relax up there". It was very thoughtful. I was impressed by her warmth, and wasn't let down when I got upstairs. My room was clean and a nice size, and the bed was super comfortable. I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. Our main priority here at the DoubleTree Club by Hilton is that our guests feel comfortable, welcomed and cared for at all times. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the desk agent that assisted upon your arrival.
The next time you are in Buffalo, please be sure to stop by for one of our famous DoubleTree cookies!
Thank you for your business!