“Comfortable rooms and excellent service”

DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We have stayed here multiple times while a family member undergoes treatment at Roswell Cancer Institute and the experience has been consistently excellent. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff has always been friendly and caring each visit. Thank you Renee and Randy for being helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
DoubletreeBuffalo, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Robert; thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear we were able to assist you during your time of need. Hoping your family member is doing well and on the road to recovery! I will be sure to share your kind comments with Renee and Randy. Thank you Robert!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

During my stay at the Double Tree, everyone was beyond helpful and very friendly - especially the front desk clerk, Randy! Any questions I had regarding services in the area (i.e. taxi/shuttle service) and about my accomodations were immediately fulfilled. I enjoyed my stay in the spacious room and comfortable beds.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Hi Sarah! Thank you for sharing your thoughts regrading your recent stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Randy is a gem and we are lucky to have him! Thank you for mentioning him and his friendliness. It will make his day!
Should your travels bring you back to Buffalo, I hope you stay with us again!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Let me start by saying that I frequently stay at budget hotels that offer free services like breakfast, internet, and parking so my reviews tend to favor those types of hotels. This hotel was very average from it's location, check in, the room and amenities.

First, the good: Free cookie, nice sized room, and free wifi.

Now the meh: The location is great if you need to be near the hospital. The hotel isn't really "downtown" by my standard. I had business at the convention center which I consider downtown. It was a mile away. The room was fine except that the heat was on and when I set the temp down because the room was hot it just shut off. It wouldn't allow cooling so there was no way to get the room cooler.

The bad: Lots of outdoor noise woke me up several times the first night of my stay. I got up to investigate and couldn't determine if it was equipment on the roof next door or if it was just wind noise. Valet parking costs $13 per night. The suggestion for self parking was to get a spot at a meter on the street. No free breakfast and options are limited in the general vicinity. There is a Dunkin Donuts a half mile away at the gas station.

I was not impressed with the hotel and feel like I get a lot more value at other "budget" hotels that offer me more. I haven't stayed at any other hotels in the city so it could be a nice hotel relative to it's location.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed two nights at the Double Tree by Hilton Downtown Buffalo and it was a great stay. The hotel is located well for business with the booming Healthcare industry in downtown Buffalo. It has easy access to local highways and the downtown area.
I reserved a King Sized room and got one on the top floor (8th floor) which included a fullsized Fridge, Sink & Microwave. The room was of ample size, clean, large comfortable bed, chair, desk area and a 32" HDTV. The bathroom is clear and large. The only real downside to the whole experience is something I find is many refreshed hotels. The bathtub is a bit higher and therefore the shower head is lower than standard. Have to dip my head down to wash and rinse. Not the worse of things to have to experience but would have liked it to see a gutted bathroom with proper fixture.
At check-in a cookie was presented & as a Hilton Honors member I got 2 bottles of water in the fridge complimentary. Valet parking was fast and cost $13 a day with unlimited in & out privileges.
The first night was a bit rainy and as I was meeting a colleague at his apartment before a dinner I was going to walk as it is nearby. The hotel has a complimentary shuttle that was fast and nice enough to drop me off right at his building.
Staff are if anything overly friendly and well organized.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
DoubletreeBuffalo, Assistant General Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear A R M; , it is rewarding to know that our efforts to provide exceptional experiences are appreciated and your feedback in regards to our team are certainly welcomed & appreciated. Thank you for your business and for the wonderful review! Should your travels bring you back to Buffalo, I hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

My wife and I stay at this hotel, so she can have ER surgery at the hospital.I was so pleased with how clean and new the entire hotel seemed. That is so important to us. The staff was made you feel special. The food was great and very comfortable feeling throughout the hotel. I would stay there again in a minute! Great People / Staff at the hotel.

1  Thank Jason S
DoubletreeBuffalo, Assistant General Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Jason; we strive to provide all of our guests excellent accommodations and I am happy to hear we were to provide that level of service. Thank you for your review Jason. I am hoping your wife is doing well and on the road to recovery!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I enjoyed my stay with my family. I brought my mother and grand daughter and fiance to visit Niagra Falls, the first for our entire family. I stayed in the suite which includes a kitchenette. This was helpful as my grand daughter is in a wheel chair and on a special diet, so to have a fridge and microwave was a plus. The restaurant serve an excellent dinner...I will stay here in the future.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Went to DoubleTree Buffalo for 3 nights on business. Everything was great. Diane R at the front desk was wonderful and made sure we had everything we needed. Valet service and shuttle was terrific. Restaurant/Bar had great servers and staff. Kacey M was very friendly and nice.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton