DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Huntsville, Alabama
“Hotel review”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

The hotel was nice, clean, quiet. It had a restraurant in the hotel which was nice if you did not want to go out. I liked the vale parking but you had to wait sometimes for the vehicle. If you were in a hurry, that could be a problem.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank michellep909

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Shrewsbury, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

I have stayed here many times and I always have a great experience from front counter to bellman/valet parking to wait & bar staff. The rooms are clean and the food is great. Some of the rooms are quite large and all rooms are comfortable and smoke-free.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

When we were looking for hotels, we found this one and saved money...but we didn't expect to hit GOLD.

Upon arrival, the front desk personnel greeted us with a smile and a professional attitude. One of the perks was the warm cookies we received at check in. Yum Yum

We got to the room and wow, this wasn't a hotel...this was a suite with an over sized bed and all the amenities of a kitchenette (minus the stove). Everything was very clean and top notch. We called down to the front desk to see how much a taxi would cost to head to the First Niagara Centre for the Trans Siberian Orchestra and was instructed " we can take you there and pick you up". We were shocked and amazed with this service.

Next day, we were amazed again by the staff as they referred popular NYE venues and even drove us to them. The drivers were very professional and helpful especially to non-locals.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Staff were amazing and very appreciative for our patronage. If your thinking of this hotel...book it now.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

This is a pretty nice hotel located near the medical center in Buffalo. I chose this hotel because there are several restaurants and bars within a 5-minute walk from the hotel, which is a good way to spend cold winter nights in this city.

Luckily, I was able to park in the street for free because it wasn’t during the day. From the other reviews, I have heard parking is expensive here.

The check in staff is very friendly and checked me in rather quickly. It helped that they gave me a warm cookie. But every time I entered the hotel, someone at the front desk would always say hello..

The rooms are a decent size, but what struck me is that the hallways are very large. I had a room with a king bed, which had a lot of pillows. There was a refrigerator with complimentary water in the room, and there were a lot of choices for channels on the television. The walls of the room seemed thin because I could hear my neighbor getting ready in the morning.

Overall, I was pretty satisfied about this hotel and would stay here again on my next trip to Buffalo.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Blackstock, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Thank you to the staff at this location - who made a simple one-night stay so pleasurable. The customer service in this hotel was FANTASTIC! The valet/shuttle person & the front desk personnel - knowlegable, friendly and really made my day. Kudos to the staff here. The warm cookies at check in were an added treat after a 3 1/2 hr drive. In short, I was blown away by their attentiveness. The recommendations for dinner, and the offer of 2 complimentary shuttle drives (one for dinner, then later one to a concert) were an added bonus - and appreciated - as I did not know the area. Highly recommended - and I will stay again the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Burlington, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

...try this hotel. Walking distance to the Anchor Bar and great wings and pizza and then a short trip down the LRT to the game. Valet your car and your great for the evening. Very friendly staff. Safe location. Amazing value!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Cambridge, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

As someone who has stayed in many hotels I have to say this stay was average at best When we checked in I was really looking forward to the chocolate chip cookie that everyone raves about. We were not given any this was disappointing. We were also told the shuttle was not available to drop us off just a few blocks away, again disappointing.
Being an HHonour member we were placed on an HH floor which was really lovely, nice wide hallways and a good size room. The room was very clean and had plenty of towels as there were 3 of us staying in the room. However, the bedding was very thin and not the relaxing duvet I had been hoping for. The heat unit in the room was blasting out way too hot and we got up a few times to turn it down, which made the air in the room very dry. We returned to the hotel that night around 1am, the night auditor was not friendly and she did not greet us at all.
The worst part of our stay would have to be in the morning when I tried to take a shower. I played and fiddled with the tap for 15 minutes the water was either scalding hot or freezing cold. I could not get a nice median.
Unfortunately breakfast is not complimentary so we just opted to go out.
A plus was Kevin the bartender, he was very friendly and made us great drinks! The valet service being $14 was worth it as our car was delivered promptly. The alternative was paying $9 and walking a few blocks.
Having stayed at various Hilton brands the Doubletree Buffalo sadly did not live up to our expectations.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
DoubletreeBuffalo, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
We're very sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory. It is our intention to deliver a great experience and we are sorry to see that we failed. We strive to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area; you’ll visit us again and experience what other guests have written here on Trip Advisor. Once again, please accept our apologies.